Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

help need back suspension

Old 02-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #1
Newtaco2012 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeremy
Newtaco2012's Tacoma Gallery
help need back suspension

i just put a 3 inch toytec coilover lift on my front an 2 inch blocks on the back an still have the same stock back suspension. And i was wondering what would be the best way to go ?
Old 02-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Get rid of the blocks and either get an AAL 3 leaf AAL or whole new leaf pack.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #3
how much do those run an are they cheaper or better than a whole new back shock set up?
Old 02-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #4
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Replacing your shocks with your current block suspension will only do so much. For example if you removed the blocks and added the 3 leaf AAL and extended billy 5100's you'd have a pretty good ride.

I'm currently running the tsb + icon 3 leaf AAL and OME N182 shocks and it rides great.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #5
Trail Leader
Snorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Snorks
Snorkie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtaco2012 View Post
how much do those run an are they cheaper or better than a whole new back shock set up?
What's your plan with the truck?

Considering its a 2012 I would just leave the blocks. Blocks won't change the way it rides. Adding a add a leaf will change the way it feels.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #6
so i should get the AAL an some 5100 that be nice?
Old 02-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #7
i dont romp that much but when i do it just like romping school curbs an like up little ledges an stuff
Old 02-25-2013, 03:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtaco2012 View Post
so i should get the AAL an some 5100 that be nice?
I liked the ride when I had them.... Snorkie is right though I should've asked what your plans were for the truck... If your gonna be on the road alot shocks should be all you need.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #9
but i do little hauling like fourwheereers an jetskies
Old 02-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #10
when i get bored sometimes i mudd an do little offroad