Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

In need of a mod day SATX

Old 03-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
RiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura aboutRiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jonathan
RiverBoyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
In need of a mod day SATX

San Antonio members I finally received all my lift components!!! I have the know how but lack a few crucial tools (jacks, air tools, I do have the compressor atleast) I got spoiled at the truck shop and never got around to buying my own.

I have LR arms and shackle flip (never done but seem straight foward) and everything else I have done many a times on tacos. Anyone be willing to throw down on a mod day? I pay in beer, BBQ, usernames mentioned in build thread too haha. Also I defiantly will return the mod favors back in your direction.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:46 AM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
No one try TexasTacos facebook page bud
Old 03-20-2013, 02:21 PM   #3
RiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura aboutRiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura about

I will give that a shot, or finally getting around to buying a jack
Old 03-20-2013, 04:30 PM   #4
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Don't think others have seen this yet.

But I'd be down to help. Just depends on the date.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #5
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't been able to do my own shocks I've had since black Friday. But I do have a floor jack,jack stands. If I'm not working.

When ya planning on date?
Old 03-20-2013, 04:52 PM   #6
TacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tony
TacoTony's Tacoma Gallery
I can probably get some jacks, time and place and I'll try and make it
Old 03-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #7
09TacoChief is on a distinguished road
Marines: SGT
09TacoChief's Tacoma Gallery
Hey bud, I have jack and jack stands and a decent amount of tools to get the job done.
Lets just say i installed my ultimate lift kit and recently (last sunday) installed the LR UCAS so i have it fresh on my mind. I did both installs here at my apts in the parking lot by myself. Couldn't take much longer with two people. Let me know.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:15 PM   #8
BASHE06 is on a distinguished road

Army:
BASHE06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBoyTRD View Post
San Antonio members I finally received all my lift components!!! I have the know how but lack a few crucial tools (jacks, air tools, I do have the compressor atleast) I got spoiled at the truck shop and never got around to buying my own.

I have LR arms and shackle flip (never done but seem straight foward) and everything else I have done many a times on tacos. Anyone be willing to throw down on a mod day? I pay in beer, BBQ, usernames mentioned in build thread too haha. Also I defiantly will return the mod favors back in your direction.
I have two sets of jack stands, what day are you trying to do it?
Old 03-20-2013, 09:01 PM   #9
Certified Mall Crawler
Wobbly is on a distinguished road
Name: Fred
Wobbly's Tacoma Gallery
I'll contribute what I can..just give a heads up on what's needed. Btw anybody know where I can get shocks changed for beer ??
Old 03-20-2013, 09:17 PM   #10

I'm shooting for the 30th and roll over to the 31 if I need to button stuff up. I got plenty of deer meat to go around!!!!

And we can change your shocks out no problem!
Old 03-20-2013, 09:18 PM   #11

I live right where 1604 and 181 cross by calaveras lake, just a heads up I'm very south
Old 03-22-2013, 06:04 AM   #12
Christian Off Road Engineering
C O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clint
C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBoyTRD View Post
I live right where 1604 and 181 cross by calaveras lake, just a heads up I'm very south
That's right down the road from me, I'm down. Just gotta make sure I am free that weekend. I want to get my hands dirty so I can do my own when the time comes...

And thats not fair on offering deer meat, that's below the belt for me you can make me do some shameful things offering deer meat...

I have all the tools we need to do your stuff and I even have a shop with a concrete floor at my dad's but i need to see if the shop is available. let me know what tools you need (impact, jacks, jackstands, etc)
Old 03-22-2013, 08:55 AM   #13

Figure venison would bring people out haha
Old 03-25-2013, 08:47 PM   #14

I will be starting the rear on Thursday or friday try and knock that out. Lots of grinding to do the shackle flip. So who ever wants to make it Saturday it should go fast so we can BBQ quicker
Old 03-25-2013, 08:55 PM   #15
TacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What time do you plan on starting? I'll try and make it
Old 03-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #16

Thurs or Friday will be 10am or so, finish early if its nice we can take my wave runner to the lake
Old 03-25-2013, 09:38 PM   #17
Certified Mall Crawler
Wobbly is on a distinguished road
Name: Fred
Wobbly's Tacoma Gallery
Clint said we'd need a spring-compressor for the shocks...so..if somebody has one or if somebody who knows what they're looking for wants to rent one and bring it (keep the receipt, I'll reimburse rental fee).
Old 03-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #18
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be in town on Saturday if you're working on it then, hit me up.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:52 PM   #19

I'll see if I can use the spring compressor from work
Old 03-25-2013, 10:06 PM   #20

Don't need a compressor, they are fully assembled struts.

Saturday I say start about 11 or so, then we can get wobblys shocks on too