Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Houston Offroad Meet

Old 03-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #21
gpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
gpend5.7sport's Tacoma Gallery
Like where?? I'm typically only at Galveston I know manvel/ Alvin is supposed to have one. Sugar hill is pretty good considering its location though.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #22
Trail Leader
Snorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Snorks
Snorkie's Tacoma Gallery
Crosby has a few
Old 03-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #23
gpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Anywhere with big wide open gravel straight aways?
Old 03-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #24
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpend5.7sport View Post
Anywhere with big wide open gravel straight aways?
You trying to go LT or something? Whats fun about flat open land unless youre lt?
Old 03-24-2013, 08:19 PM   #25
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
When are you gonna post the one of you doing 50 into 4 foot of mud?
this guy knows...
Old 03-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #26

Can't do a full lt, softens up suspension too much and I still use the truck for working. That and I don't have 10 grand to throw at it. I'm going for a good mid travel kit. Basically an lt but 2-3 inches shorter and slightly stiffer in the rear.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #27
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Can't do a full lt, softens up suspension too much and I still use the truck for working. That and I don't have 10 grand to throw at it. I'm going for a good mid travel kit. Basically an lt but 2-3 inches shorter and slightly stiffer in the rear.
So do you wanna jump it or mud it or trails? Lol. Theres plenty of places for alll of the above in texas. Just gotta know what you wanna do.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #28

I like trails but mud is quite a bit of fun. Jumping isn't my first priority that should be reserved for lt kits considering without one you're gonna fuck up a lot of stuff. Small jumps are whatever but I'm not looking to do super cross style jumps 15 ft in the site goin 100 miles an hour.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #29

I bet Columbus has some fun back roads
Old 03-24-2013, 08:41 PM   #30
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
I bet Columbus has some fun back roads
lets just say my truck has been in/went through 2 different fences. Both were on backroads going the speed limit of course
Old 03-24-2013, 08:44 PM   #31
DerpWerx Fab

2 weeks ago me and friends went on 200 miles of backroads in one night lol. Now THAT was a fun time.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:57 PM   #32

Damn! Let me know next time! Lol
Old 03-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #33
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Damn! Let me know next time! Lol
Good luck keeping up lol. Better have some lights to cut through the dust.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #34

40" light bar is coming next month. And c'mon, ton of horse power ill be okay.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #35
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
40" light bar is coming next month. And c'mon, ton of horse power ill be okay.
Its not the hp
Its the skill and traction.

Going 70-75mph down gravel roads and hitting corners going 40-50 can get very sketchy.
Im usually the leader of the pack along with all my friends z71's cause they have HID's and can see through the dust i kick up while i still have normal lights lol
But I prolly wont be going for a while since...Sometimes you fuck up and go too hard and hit a fence..but thats just what ive heard happens.

But youre welcome to try and keep up if youre ever around these parts
Old 03-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #36

Sounds good. I run gravel roads up in Oklahoma when u go visit family.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #37
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
lets just say my truck has been in/went through 2 different fences. Both were on backroads going the speed limit of course
Quote:
Going 70-75mph down gravel roads and hitting corners going 40-50 can get very sketchy.
soooo ive never seen a back road anywhere in texas with a speed limit of 70-75
Old 03-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #38

^
Hah not officially!
Old 03-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #39
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Quote:
..but thats just what ive heard happens.
^ idk ive never done it myself. Ive only heard stories
Old 03-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #40
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
And 95% of the time theres no posted speed limit anyway lol just sayin