1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need advise (somewhat legal) in regards to a dealership

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Mike0341, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Mar 29, 2013 at 2:11 PM
    Mike0341

Mike0341 [OP] The Diggler

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Ok it all started when i purchased my Tacoma. My wife saw a Prius C and fell in love with it.

Long story short is we traded in her car and leased the Prius since we were extremely upside down on it and didn't plan to own the care for longer than 3 years (the negative equity would vanish and in 3 years we would want a larger vehicle for our growing family)

well it has been a month and i called Toyota to get my billing account number and i wasn't in their system yet.

I called the dealership and they said they messed up the lease paperwork but everything will be ok but i have to come back in and sign everything.

well this would be the 3rd time i have had to sign paperwork for the same vehicle. the finance guys messed up the paperwork the first time so i had to come in and sign everything again.

go figure they screwed it up even more (my dad is in the car business and said he has never seen anyone screw up a lease agreement).

my question is. If i say "screw y'all and turn over the keys and say "I'm tired of this crap" what are my legal responsibilities? they have already sold the car i traded in and the paperwork i signed is no longer valid because Toyota wouldn't accept it. would i have to pay off the negative equity on the car i traded in or would i basically be walking away with no car and without a negative balance?

this whole situation is their fault and I'm tired of putting up with their shit. i do not care how bad they get burned in this deal i just want to end the stupidity and possibly go to a different dealership.

any advise will be greatly appreciated.

2. Mar 29, 2013 at 2:13 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    Have you contacted a lawyer?

3. Mar 29, 2013 at 2:54 PM
    Mike0341

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    i just found out today. was trying to get others opinions before hiring a lawyer.

4. Mar 29, 2013 at 3:00 PM
    undecided

undecided Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport 4X4
    CAI, CB radio, Double Din Stereo, Aero Exhaust, Softopper, BHLM, KODE Push Button Start, Bruteforce Fab Rear bumper, Weathertechs
    Since the paperwork is invalid I would not sign anything new. Tell them you don't want the car anymore. If they try to put your balls to the fire, you can always revert back to the improper lease agreement.I am no lawyer but you may have some leverage on this one.

5. Mar 29, 2013 at 3:06 PM
    Mike0341

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    thanks. I'm going to go talk to them next week. I'm not in town this weekend (as far as they are concerned) and i have classes next week so my schedule is pretty busy. I will have to contact a lawyer on the 1st when i get paid. hopefully they are not overly expensive.

Products Discussed in

To Top