Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Josh Hamilton

Old 04-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #1
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Josh Hamilton

why r u all so hard on Hamilton?
Old 04-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Who the fuck is Josh Hamilton.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #5
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
wow..you all really do hate him.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #6
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
wow..you all really do hate him.
I didn't have a clue who he was , baseball sucks
Old 04-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #7
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Same reason people in Cleveland hate LeBron James..
Old 04-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #8
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
They are mad at him because after he left for the California Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim Santa Ana Long Beach he said that Arlington isn't a real baseball city. Pretty standard reaction for the fans after that, I'd say.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:18 PM   #9
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
Why create a brand new thread for this?
Old 04-06-2013, 05:18 PM   #10
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbd56 View Post
Why create a brand new thread for this?
Because TW
Old 04-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #11
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
I hate him because he makes more money than me.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #12
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
He's comparable to Jesus FYI
Old 04-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #13
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
I don't give a crap about him leaving for more money. The part that upset me was how quickly he started treating Texas fans like second class citizens. The same fans that supported him for five years. The same fans that did not judge him when he got caught preaching one day and then taking body shots off of strange women the next. I can't remember if he had two or three drug relapses while the fans never balked at supporting him. Then there is how he played the last half of the season - or lack of his playing. He was wanting more money but failed to show any reason to give it to him.

I do not care for the bum and with the Angels lots of luck keeping him out of the whore houses, bars, and strip clubs. His wife and family stayed in Texas while he is in LA.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #14
Swetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant futureSwetpants has a brilliant future

Name: Tyler
Swetpants's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_shooter View Post
I don't give a crap about him leaving for more money. The part that upset me was how quickly he started treating Texas fans like second class citizens. The same fans that supported him for five years. The same fans that did not judge him when he got caught preaching one day and then taking body shots off of strange women the next. I can't remember if he had two or three drug relapses while the fans never balked at supporting him. Then there is how he played the last half of the season - or lack of his playing. He was wanting more money but failed to show any reason to give it to him.

I do not care for the bum and with the Angels lots of luck keeping him out of the whore houses, bars, and strip clubs. His wife and family stayed in Texas while he is in LA.
The same fans that booed the shit out of him the the last half of the season when he was in a slump. If you ask me he was dead on stating Arlington is not a baseball town. Baseball fans understand there are ups and downs in the game. If it wasn't for him Texas would not have been the team they were the last few years.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:02 PM   #15
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swetpants View Post
The same fans that booed the shit out of him the the last half of the season when he was in a slump. If you ask me he was dead on stating Arlington is not a baseball town. Baseball fans understand there are ups and downs in the game. If it wasn't for him Texas would not have been the team they were the last few years.
This statement is false.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:15 PM   #16
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd.

know a lot of people that helped get him where he is now. always kind of kept up with him, though im not the biggest baseball fan.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #17
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I think you are referring to the fans that were booing him for blaming everyone/thing else for his slump other than him. That is also saying that his lack of trying was a "slump" and not him quitting. He can't take ownership of a slump; there is always a "blame" with him. Great ball players understand there are slumps; maybe that is why he really isn't a great ball player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy18 View Post
This statement is false.
+1
Old 04-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #18
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nope Zech had it right. Slump? Are you kidding me? He quit on his team. As far as Josh being the reason we are/were where we are, bullshit, Josh was on the team long before we made it to the playoffs let alone the world series. I would credit Beltre before Hamilton, but ultimately it was all a team effort, everyone stepped up when it needed to be down, Josh slumped plenty while he was here. We've seen him slump more than his fair share, we stood behind him, but last year he quit.

As far as being a baseball town, that doesn't bother me as much, there are maybe 3-4 true baseball towns left. Even those are arguable. Boston, New York, St. Louis, and...
Old 04-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #19
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Dude has a tough life fighting demons every hour he's awake .
Old 04-08-2013, 04:24 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Dude has a tough life fighting demons every hour he's awake .
Yeah; must be hard when the team you are playing for hires you a full time babysitter. His "football town" comment would have held up better if he had went to the Red Sox or Yankees. The Angels are a good team but LA is no more of a "baseball town" than DFW. I remember seeing a lot more Raider stickers and tattoos than Halos.

The basic truth of it all is that the Ranger's fans stayed with him through his good and bad times. We understand that he left for more money and most of us saw it coming. What nobody expected was him talking trash about the town that helped make him a name, embraced his family, and forgave/forgot his lapses all while listening to his "God is my strength" sermons (not bashing Christians, just point him out).

Either way; I hope the Angels enjoy learning to live with Josh. Good luck.