Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Moving to San Antonio!

Old 04-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #1
DocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to behold

DocsTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow Moving to San Antonio!

I'll be moving from Dallas to San Antonio (for work) and wanted to ask if any of you (that live in or are familiar with San Antonio) know any good/safe places to live?

Looking to rent an apartment (or possiblya house)!

I'll be working at UT-San Antonio Med Center and want to find a place relatively close to work.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-25-2013, 03:01 PM   #2
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to SA when ya get here.

As far as a nice place to live. Depends on what you are comfortable with.

Nice places outside 1604 between Bandera and I10. Really nice places outside 1604 between I10 and US281. There are plenty of appts in the med center but all really old. And some are on the bad side.

Really tho any place you pick is a good 20-30 min drive in traffic.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:52 AM   #3
DocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirts View Post

Nice places outside 1604 between Bandera and I10. Really nice places outside 1604 between I10 and US281. There are plenty of appts in the med center but all really old. And some are on the bad side.

Thanks for the advice!

I'll be sure to start my search in those areas!
Old 04-26-2013, 07:57 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirts View Post

So, the North Side of San Antonio would be the BEST area to live in?
Old 04-26-2013, 07:59 AM   #5
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
I would say the same, North-Northeast side; Bandera, Helotes, somewhere over there.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:01 AM   #6
Primo 95 has much to be proud ofPrimo 95 has much to be proud ofPrimo 95 has much to be proud ofPrimo 95 has much to be proud ofPrimo 95 has much to be proud ofPrimo 95 has much to be proud ofPrimo 95 has much to be proud ofPrimo 95 has much to be proud ofPrimo 95 has much to be proud ofPrimo 95 has much to be proud of

Name: Primo!
Primo 95's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, the far Northside is the only place to live
You DO NOT want to live anywhere close to the Med Center. All of the apartments near the med center turned into section 8 slums in the past 10 years.

My advice. .stay in between I-10 & 281 & close or north of 1604. But you want to stay close to I-10 to have a shorter commute

Personally I would avoid the area between I-10 & Bandera as someone suggested...a lot of that is in the UTSA area. I would also stay way from the UTSA area - unless you still enjoy "the college lifestyle" at your apartment complex.

Good Luck
Old 04-26-2013, 08:15 AM   #7

Great! Thanks for the help guys!
Old 04-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #8
DESRTRNNR is just really niceDESRTRNNR is just really niceDESRTRNNR is just really niceDESRTRNNR is just really nice
DESRTRNNR's Tacoma Gallery
my advice is dont more to SA.. it sucks
Old 04-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #9
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESRTRNNR View Post
Hmmm, sounds like he may not have a lot of say in it since it is for work.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:54 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESRTRNNR View Post
Believe me, I wouldn't chose to move (from Dallas) to San Antonio if it wasn't for work!