Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

What lift y'all usin? Should I get one?

Old 05-08-2013, 08:24 AM   #1
DUCKSHOT is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard:
DUCKSHOT's Tacoma Gallery
What lift y'all usin? Should I get one?

Use my Prerunner on the road 99% of the time thought about more but haven't with this one wheel peel. Have also thought about doin an ARB air locker but that's more $$$$.
I have to replace me entire suspension cause it's shot.
I think I can redo the stock setup for $600 and an OME w/Dakar leaf packs for $1300. I am running 265/75R16 and happy witht the tire size.
Would like good ride quality and I tow a flat bottom boat every weekend and more during duck season.
Would I be better off with a bilstien leveling kit?
I want to do this one time seen as how more intire suspension needs to be replaced. I'll be even more pissed if I lift it and my reverse Taco lean is not fixed (think it's a bad leaf).
Always wanted to have a lifted truck but don't want to if its a bad idea especially when I don't need it.
So tell me what y'all think good or bad....
Old 05-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
99% of road time, I would stick with a good set of tires instead of a lift. You would be surprised what the truck is capable of.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #3
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
99% of road time, I would stick with a good set of tires instead of a lift. You would be surprised what the truck is capable of.
Good tip on tires but his post says his stock suspension is shot and has a sagging leaf.
Do the OME with 885 springs and Dakar leafs. I had this set up before I got bumpers and the ride was great and the leafs are awesome for towing. TRDparts4u has the best price on the whole set up and they are in Texas. You can do the install yourself and with a little google help there is a good install write up out there.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #4
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Just saw he is a first gen so I retract my statement about getting 885 springs.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #5
Coast Guard:
I keep leanin towards the OME lift. Really like the way the trucks looks lifted.
Even if it's twisted I still think I'm gunna do the lift with 883 sprngs.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #6
Trail Leader
Snorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Snorks
Snorkie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCKSHOT View Post
I keep leanin towards the OME lift. Really like the way the trucks looks lifted.
Even if it's twisted I still think I'm gunna do the lift with 883 sprngs.
You might want to rethink the 883's.

I have 882's and its pretty stiff.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #7
Coast Guard:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorkie View Post
You might want to rethink the 883's.

I have 882's and its pretty stiff.
Haven't decided on which winch/bumper (tube or plate) I want to get yet. So 882's would end up bein better for me?
Old 05-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #8
Trail Leader
Snorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Snorks
Snorkie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCKSHOT View Post
Haven't decided on which winch/bumper (tube or plate) I want to get yet. So 882's would end up bein better for me?
I would say yes.

You also don't have the extra weight of the 4wd.
Show up to the next meet and you can ride in my truck to see what you think.