Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Houston: Need Help with lift installation and misc

Old 06-05-2013, 04:15 AM   #21
tdunc is a jewel in the roughtdunc is a jewel in the roughtdunc is a jewel in the roughtdunc is a jewel in the rough
tdunc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
The front coilovers(if preassembled) can be removed and installed in one hour(both sides). The UCA's take a lil longer cause you have to bend the metal to get to the end of the bolt so be sure to reinstall the bolt in the opposite direction and you wont have to bend the metal to get to the nut.
Also be sure to spray plenty of wd-40/rust penetrant/etc on the stock castle nuts. Mine were seized on and had to be ground off

The rear will be 100000x easier if you have an impact with a deep socket to remove the u bolts too.
I'm going to order the fronts preassembled. Don't want to do that myself, especially if it'll only take an hour or so to install if preassembled. I'm not quite following you on the UCA install part. Then again, that's why I'm asking you guys for help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
I'm down to help, you won't need longer brake lines but it really helps on the rear when changing a leaf pack. Like Kase said, the fronts can be swapped in an hour, you don't have to reinstall the UCA bolts backwards though (I didn't) it's just more of a pita.
Are longer lines only required for >3" lift? Do you think it's worth spending an extra $75-$100 for new lines just for an easier install? Granted, I'd have to spend the time changing lines and bleeding brakes before even going through the leaf pack swap...
Old 06-05-2013, 05:03 AM   #22
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
The UCA install isn't bad, it just feels weird putting a hammer and cutting your $30k truck. Also if I could go back the first thing I would do is change the brake lines, you don't need the super long ones in the front either but it doesn't hurt in the back. There is a member here that sells them, pick your own color, for $100
Old 06-05-2013, 05:09 AM   #23
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Dafuq did you cut cody when installing em?
Old 06-05-2013, 05:28 AM   #24
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dafuq did you cut cody when installing em?
Driver's side inner fender, slice it upwards? then bend outwards, the bolt literally almost falls out and you can install it the way it came out instead of backwards, and when you bend the fender back it goes right back in place, no hammer required. Passenger side is different but easier though
Old 06-05-2013, 05:28 AM   #25
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Get back to sleep!

I got your back cody!
Old 06-05-2013, 05:34 AM   #26
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Driver's side inner fender, slice it upwards? then bend outwards, the bolt literally almost falls out and you can install it the way it came out instead of backwards, and when you bend the fender back it goes right back in place, no hammer required. Passenger side is different but easier though
I dont remember anyone cutting anything to install UCA's but i guess to each their own if it makes it easier.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:36 AM   #27
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I dont remember anyone cutting anything to install UCA's but i guess to each their own if it makes it easier.
Easier, more like night and day. Plus had I kept the Taco, I was gonna change the uniballs of the UCAs to stainless ones, mine were pitting after only 1.5 years of use and proper maintenance
Old 06-05-2013, 05:39 AM   #28
g35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud of

Name: Jason
g35man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm down to help, you won't need longer brake lines but it really helps on the rear when changing a leaf pack. Like Kase said, the fronts can be swapped in an hour, you don't have to reinstall the UCA bolts backwards though (I didn't) it's just more of a pita.
+1^ I NEED TO DO THE CAB MOUNT CHOP STILL!! Bought plates a long time ago. I can help depending on my work schedule (Shift Worker).
Old 06-05-2013, 06:28 PM   #29
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by g35man View Post
+1^ I NEED TO DO THE CAB MOUNT CHOP STILL!! Bought plates a long time ago. I can help depending on my work schedule (Shift Worker).
yep...almost one year ago.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tex...ston-area.html
Old 06-05-2013, 06:33 PM   #30
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdunc View Post
Trying to get a feeler ....
Taylor

where in Houston you located?
Old 06-06-2013, 04:30 AM   #31
tdunc is a jewel in the roughtdunc is a jewel in the roughtdunc is a jewel in the roughtdunc is a jewel in the rough
tdunc's Tacoma Gallery
I'm just south of Heights. Like I said, I don't really have room or the tools to efficiently get this work done. Hopefully we can set up a mod day and someone with a good size driveway can provide a place. I'm still waiting to purchase all my hardware though.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:51 AM   #32
g35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud of

Name: Jason
g35man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerla View Post
LOL, Yup
Old 06-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #33
TWINSIES!
Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty Shackleford
Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be willing to help on a mod day. Have an impact wrench with deep sockets and a whole slew of other tools that will come in handy.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #34
Snorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Snorks
Snorkie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits View Post
I'd be willing to help on a mod day. Have an impact wrench with deep sockets and a whole slew of other tools that will come in handy.
All you need is a grinder with cut off wheel.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #35
TWINSIES!
Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorkie View Post
All you need is a grinder with cut off wheel.
Have a 18v Dewalt grinder. Will that be sufficient?
Old 06-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #36
Snorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Snorkie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits View Post
Have a 18v Dewalt grinder. Will that be sufficient?
Negative, grinders kill batteries. Need a corded one so we can make Kase's truck a convertible.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #37
TWINSIES!
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Lol I've got one Chris
Old 06-06-2013, 07:19 PM   #38

Snorkie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Lol I've got one Chris
Thanks. Better yet might need one of the chain saw ones.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #39
TWINSIES!
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
I'll grab an extra sawzall from work next time
Old 06-07-2013, 02:47 AM   #40
TWINSIES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorkie View Post
Negative, grinders kill batteries. Need a corded one so we can make Kase's truck a convertible.
Well okay then.

OP is going to be wondering what's going on in his thread lol.