Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Houston: Need Help with lift installation and misc

Old 08-12-2013, 11:59 AM   #81
tdunc is a jewel in the roughtdunc is a jewel in the roughtdunc is a jewel in the roughtdunc is a jewel in the rough
tdunc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerla View Post
Are your front struts already assembled?
Yes, figured that will make the fronts go much quicker. I've also got LR UCAs to go on too.

Any tips on what I should do a day+ before meeting up? Spray down any particular areas to loosen it up?
Old 08-12-2013, 12:02 PM   #82
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Unless you're around a lot of salt. Like the beach or northern states, you might have to. If not then it should be fine,. Seeing how its 2013 truck
Old 08-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #83
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdunc View Post
Yes, figured that will make the fronts go much quicker. I've also got LR UCAs to go on too.

Any tips on what I should do a day+ before meeting up? Spray down any particular areas to loosen it up?
Yes, much quicker. Don't bother spraying. Just drink water.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #84
Senior Injector
Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty Shackleford
Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I have an IMPACT wrench that a beast.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #85
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
You plan on cutting the UCA bolts or cutting the fenders for the new UCAs
Old 08-14-2013, 05:56 AM   #86
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

357sig's Tacoma Gallery
So how many trucks are we doing that day??
Old 08-14-2013, 06:06 AM   #87
Senior Injector
Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty Shackleford
Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357sig View Post
So how many trucks are we doing that day??
As many as we can fit in. I'll take pictures of the parking so y'all will have a better idea of what kind of room we have
Old 08-14-2013, 06:14 AM   #88

357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe I should have waited to do my oil change there?? Lol
Old 08-16-2013, 06:47 AM   #89
tdunc is a jewel in the roughtdunc is a jewel in the roughtdunc is a jewel in the roughtdunc is a jewel in the rough
tdunc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
You plan on cutting the UCA bolts or cutting the fenders for the new UCAs
Looks like I missed this minor detail in some install threads I've read. This guy just bent the fender slightly as-needed.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...w-install.html
I'm definitely open to suggestions
Old 08-16-2013, 06:10 PM   #91

357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bending the inner fenders will be just fine.
X2
Old 08-18-2013, 06:29 PM   #92
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
So what happens after you get your lift on? Disappear, never hear from you again? I've seen it happen too often...
Old 08-18-2013, 11:33 PM   #93
Trail Leader
Snorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Snorks
Snorkie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So what happens after you get your lift on? Disappear, never hear from you again? I've seen it happen too often...
Sounds like a good plan.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:44 PM   #94
tdunc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha, I hope not...I plan to take the truck out wheelin with you guys whenever I can. I made it out to Bryan Beach with a group a few months ago, just been too busy ever since to get back out. I'd like to catch one of the groups heading to Hidden Falls sometime.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:59 AM   #95
Man, Myth, Legend

bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha, I hope not...I plan to take the truck out wheelin with you guys whenever I can. I made it out to Bryan Beach with a group a few months ago, just been too busy ever since to get back out. I'd like to catch one of the groups heading to Hidden Falls sometime.

Who's all coming out for this work party?
Old 08-20-2013, 07:29 AM   #96

357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Me!
Old 08-21-2013, 01:22 AM   #98

357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bringing breakfast?
Breakfast for lunch??? I wont be there till just after 12?
Old 08-21-2013, 01:47 AM   #99
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Anytime is donut time...
Old 08-21-2013, 02:09 AM   #100

357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Anytime is donut time...
Not for you, cause you wont be there