Trying to get a feeler if there's anyone in the Houston area willing to help out another Tacoma owner mod the truck and/or looking for shop recommendations. I don't have all the hardware yet, so timing is TBD (within 2-4 months hopefully), but like I said just trying to see my options. What I have planned:
- Drill holes into frame to complete BAMF Slider installation - 3 per side
- Remove guide brackets from spare tire "compartment" to accommodate larger tires (285/75/16)
- Install BAMF Cab Mount Chop plates
- Install Lift (OME 3" 885, Dakar, & LR UCA)
- Install extended rear SS brake lines
I'm also still on the fence about the rear brake lines. I haven't seen a clear cut answer if they're needed with the OME lift. I'm leaning toward getting a new set just to be on the safe side.
As stated, timing is unknown, I'm trying to see what my options will be once everything is delivered. I've installed a minor lift on a jeep and have been working on vehicles randomly throughout my life, so I'm not mechanically challenged. I am asking for help, not for someone to do the work while I sit back enjoying a beer! (unless it's a shop of course)
What do you want in return? Beer, restaurant gift card, gas card, cash? I'm sure all of this will end up taking at least a full Saturday. The help would be greatly appreciated.