Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Passing TX tint inspection..

Old 08-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #1
adaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shedadaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shedadaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shedadaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shedadaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shedadaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shedadaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shedadaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shedadaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shedadaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shedadaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shed

adaptedtheory's Tacoma Gallery
Passing TX tint inspection..

I'm based out of NM, and this is the first time I will be having to drive my car to Texas. I know my tint won't pass inspection. Does anyone know any small local shops in the El Paso or Lubbock area that don't really care? I'm positive it is the only thing I won't pass, & I'm not too interested in driving 6-7 hours just to fail the inspection. Any advice is appreciated!
Old 08-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptedtheory View Post
I'm based out of NM, and this is the first time I will be having to drive my car to Texas. I know my tint won't pass inspection. Does anyone know any small local shops in the El Paso or Lubbock area that don't really care? I'm positive it is the only thing I won't pass, & I'm not too interested in driving 6-7 hours just to fail the inspection. Any advice is appreciated!
Roll up to shop with windows down and hope they don't check. Nobody is gonna exactly tell you what shop on a public forum do you legality issues but Texas shops can be pretty lenient if you find the right one. Just look for one of those 'on the corner' type shops that has car parts and junk laying around that you wouldn't dare let them actually work on your truck lol.
As long as they have the "we do state inspections" sign out, you're on the money! Just give him a 20 and tell him you want an inspection lol
Old 08-16-2013, 12:50 PM   #3
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptedtheory View Post
Are you just driving through? Or moving to texas?
Old 08-16-2013, 01:05 PM   #4
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Roll up to shop with windows down and hope they don't check. Nobody is gonna exactly tell you what shop on a public forum do you legality issues but Texas shops can be pretty lenient if you find the right one. Just look for one of those 'on the corner' type shops that has car parts and junk laying around that you wouldn't dare let them actually work on your truck lol.
As long as they have the "we do state inspections" sign out, you're on the money! Just give him a 20 and tell him you want an inspection lol

this^^ paid a dude 80 to pass my ex gf's car for state inspection. no power steering tint too dark and awhole shit ton of other things that would've kept it from passing. if the shop looks shady then its a go. but then again my dads tundra has tint thats too dark and apparently he just rolls them down before he rolls thru and they dont check. i'd say try the 2nd one first to try and save money lol
Old 08-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #5
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbui23 View Post
this^^ paid a dude 80 to pass my ex gf's car for state inspection. no power steering tint too dark and awhole shit ton of other things that would've kept it from passing. if the shop looks shady then its a go. but then again my dads tundra has tint thats too dark and apparently he just rolls them down before he rolls thru and they dont check. i'd say try the 2nd one first to try and save money lol
$80?! Yeesh! Lol I have 5% tint, a brow 2" below the legal line, no front plate and cracked windshield, blacked out lights, etc. and just cost me $20.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #6
ToyTacosRule has a spectacular aura aboutToyTacosRule has a spectacular aura aboutToyTacosRule has a spectacular aura about
Name: Dane
ToyTacosRule's Tacoma Gallery
At most shops roll down the drivers window when they get in the truck anyways. Just roll them down and they probably whont check. Thats the least of the worries here lol
Old 08-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #7
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
As stated above, are you moving here or passing through? They will drive it and also scan the bar code on the door jamb to provide insurance info. Some local places around me even check the windshield wipers, one little piece of rubber flapping and fail.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:08 AM   #8
Buckles is on a distinguished road
Buckles's Tacoma Gallery
Roll them down and pull the fuse for the window switch.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:53 AM   #9
ASE Master Tech.
gasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

gasgasman's Tacoma Gallery
Complete windshield tint is popular here and they pass.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:22 PM   #10
Tmill will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Aviator
Name: Tyler
Tmill's Tacoma Gallery
So with everyone that has illegal tint do you get hassled by the cops? The reason I ask is I'm moving down there and am looking at putting 17 all the way around. Just want to make sure I'm not spending money that will need removed when I get a ticket for it.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:34 PM   #11
Buckles is on a distinguished road
Buckles's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmill View Post
So with everyone that has illegal tint do you get hassled by the cops? The reason I ask is I'm moving down there and am looking at putting 17 all the way around. Just want to make sure I'm not spending money that will need removed when I get a ticket for it.
Its just one of those things where you hope you never get caught. I went several years with it on my truck and never had a problem, even when I got stopped for speeding.

Other people have not had the same luck. State Troopers are the ones you really need to watch out for.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:47 AM   #12
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Yall brought this page back from the grave lol

but yes, all depends on how cool the cop is or if he wants to be a dick.