Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Best Texas road map you own??

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #1
schleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Daniel
schleygo's Tacoma Gallery
Best Texas road map you own??

Hey guys,

I do a lot of driving all around this great state. I am sick and tired of interstate and major highways so I make it a point to take back roads from point A to point B. I don't care if it takes an extra hour or two, it doesn't matter. What sucks about when I am following my route on my Samsung Galaxy S4, as soon as I lose 4G, it is useless.

So my question is, what is the best Texas road map you can recommend. I prefer a book form, not the one that folds out so I won't destroy it. I want detailed FM and RR roads. Thanks for the help!!!!
Old 09-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #2
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
There is a Mapsco book called Back roads of Texas or maybe its Roads of Texas. Every and I mean every road is on it. The back cover of the book has a large map with page numbers that cover a few counties each. Great tool and I have worn out 2 of them. This reminds me that I need to get another.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
This is the one you want.

http://amzn.com/0940672642

Just now noticed the prices. Go to Barns and Noble and they may have it in stock. If not then have them order it. I believe there is a newer edition but not 100%
Old 09-06-2013, 09:45 PM   #4
schleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to behold

tex,

It says it was made in 1995. we are almost 20 yrs away from this publication.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:52 PM   #5

tex,

you directed me the right way. Thank you. NO MORE BS INTERSTATE driving. You guys/gals grow a pair and do some backroads cruising.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #6
Poor College Student
User Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
User Name01's Tacoma Gallery
Before my family was introduced to the world of GPS, we used the laminated maps from Walmart....Randy Mcsomething..........I was pretty good at reading those maps, if I do say so myself.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:12 PM   #7

I got this one

http://www.amazon.com/Roads-Texas-MA...roads+of+texas

I will let you know how it goes when I backroads it to Humble in a few weeks. I plan on taking 90% backroads getting to my destination.

You'all should do the same. Look at the other side of Texas. Pump some revenue into the heart of this state.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #8
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name01 View Post
Before my family was introduced to the world of GPS, we used the laminated maps from Walmart....Randy Mcsomething..........I was pretty good at reading those maps, if I do say so myself.
Rand McNally
Old 09-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #9
texascolt45 will become famous soon enough
Name: mike
texascolt45's Tacoma Gallery
get the free one at the visitors centers they give to the tourists or Yankee's,it's usually updated and free.Just kidding,my great northern friends.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #10
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Ask the truck drivers! Its a little red book, but forgot what its called

Products Discussed in this Thread