Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

tring to hitch a tt

Old 09-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
doggear50 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: msgt ret
doggear50's Tacoma Gallery
Question tring to hitch a tt

listen i have a 2010 texan addition SR5 prerunner.today i spent all most three hour waiting on a hitch to be install. i plain on pulling a 19 ft travel trailer. well this is my first and getting info from here and there.is starting to get a bit costly. after i got the hitch . i found out that i will need a light kit to towed the trailer . i will need a stinger , a ball, and hitchpin is this all or what , can i get a little help stop the bleeding here.can i get a light kit cheeply or what
Old 09-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #2
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggear50 View Post
listen i have a 2010 texan addition SR5 prerunner.today i spent all most three hour waiting on a hitch to be install. i plain on pulling a 19 ft travel trailer. well this is my first and getting info from here and there.is starting to get a bit costly. after i got the hitch . i found out that i will need a light kit to towed the trailer . i will need a stinger , a ball, and hitchpin is this all or what , can i get a little help stop the bleeding here.can i get a light kit cheeply or what
If I read this correctly you need the wiring for the trailer plug and a brake controller?
I bought my wiring kit at northern tool for 50 bucks. The brake controller can be expensive, where in tx are you?
Old 09-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #3
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
That is an extremely difficult post to read.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueitrgsr View Post
That is an extremely difficult post to read.
Yes it was I deciphered the hieroglyphics the best I could haha
Old 09-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #5
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
I deciphered none of it. Only "what"..
Old 09-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueitrgsr View Post
I deciphered none of it. Only "what"..
Hahaha ya i read it the best I could
Old 09-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #7
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Op can you re-word this please. It's a little difficult to answer a question we don't quite understand
Old 09-13-2013, 07:44 PM   #8
Pretty good at drinkin beer!
TaKoToy is a splendid one to beholdTaKoToy is a splendid one to beholdTaKoToy is a splendid one to beholdTaKoToy is a splendid one to beholdTaKoToy is a splendid one to beholdTaKoToy is a splendid one to beholdTaKoToy is a splendid one to behold

Name: Rob
TaKoToy's Tacoma Gallery
I thought this was about boobs...moving on
Old 09-13-2013, 07:47 PM   #9
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The Texas Edition trucks have the tow package, right? So there should be a 7-pin connector next to the factory hitch. Doesn't your travel trailer have lights?
Old 09-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaKoToy View Post
I thought this was about boobs...moving on
Titties
Old 09-14-2013, 01:44 AM   #12
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just go to auto zone, they have the wires fir the lights, ball abd all that stuff you will need.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #13
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revco View Post
Wut u needs to do is not worrey bout yur texan Addition and go to back to school to lern how to speel words wright an then u put tha words tugether to make sentences that makes since. How u got this far in life is beeond me.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:02 PM   #14
169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

169.254.255.201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'll give a shot at translating this...
I have a 2010 texas edition SR5 Prerunner.
I had someone put on a hitch. I don't know what class it is. I don't want to spend alot of money. I plan on pulling a 19 ft travel trailer, but I need a light kit to do so. I will need a stinger (what??), a ball hitch, and a hitch pin.
Is this all I need, and how can I get cheaply made Chinese parts that will not only be unsafe for me, but for other drivers when my hitch pin breaks.

/Done
Old 09-14-2013, 04:07 PM   #15
Poor College Student
User Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Oscar
User Name01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
The Texas Edition trucks have the tow package, right? So there should be a 7-pin connector next to the factory hitch. Doesn't your travel trailer have lights?
Yeah, this is what I understood. The Taco should be tow-ready. The travel trailer should hae lights. The converter from 7pin to 4/5 pin should have come with the taco. Lowes has some for cheap.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:40 AM   #16
Happy Camper
SamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SamSter0077's Tacoma Gallery
Weight Distribution hitch ($$)
Brake controller ($$)
Trailer Wiring (cheap one works fine, but it only get's you a 4 wire plug.. you need the 7 way plug..)

You will need to run control wire from brake controller to 7way plug, and a good 12+ cable from the battery would be nice (not totally necessary). I did all this on my first Prerunner, it's not that bad. All the instructions can be found here on TW.

If you plan on towing it frequently, Towing that trailer without the WD hitch and the brake controller is a mistake.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:44 PM   #17
169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

169.254.255.201's Tacoma Gallery
What did samster007 say? It shows in my subscribed that he replied today but I don't see anything