Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Mod Day - Help with suspension install

Old 09-15-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
Senior Injector
Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty Shackleford
Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Cool Mod Day - Help with suspension install

IT'S TIME.

I plan on leaving either late Friday or very early Saturday morning to go to the Toyota Texas Truck Day. So, in what will probably be a futile effort, I'd like to install my lift this Thursday before I go so that I won't be the only stock-ass Tacoma at this shindig. My goal is to get all this installed Thursday and finish up the little things early Friday. The following needs to be installed:
  • 4" Spindles
  • UCA's
  • ICON C/O's in the front and ICON RR's in the rear
  • Dakar Leafs + D29XL if needed
  • Extended brake lines
  • Tires & Wheels
Honestly, I could use all the help I can get. I have all the tools, jack stands (I bought some new ones) but I definitely need a hydraulic lift. I have food, cold refreshing beverages, a hot tub, and a whole hell of a lot of gratitude to whoever comes and helps. In case anyone is wondering, I'm in Webster.

Dennis, all you have to do is drink beer since that's your proven brain-juice.

Let me know!

Oh. In case you needed some motivation, have a cheerleader. Or a few. They'll be here as well:

Old 09-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #2
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Where in Tx is this ordeal taking place?
Old 09-15-2013, 05:52 PM   #3
Senior Injector
Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Webster - SE Houston
Old 09-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #4
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck getting that put on. Air tools will be very helpful to make this happen. Get your 14mm, 17mm, and 19mm sockets ready for a workout.
A tip for the leafs. Do one side at a time and use a jack to lower the axle from the pumpkin. Get the new bushings for the rear hanger of the leafs. A 2x4 and a hammer puts those in real easy with a little antisieze.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #5
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Lol! !! Deal!! I done a few spindle swaps myself! ! Not to hard
Old 09-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #6
Trail Leader
Snorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Snorks
Snorkie's Tacoma Gallery
I can help out Friday afterwork. Not sure if you'll be done by then but I'll send you a text.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #7
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
Good luck getting that put on. Air tools will be very helpful to make this happen. Get your 14mm, 17mm, and 19mm sockets ready for a workout.
A tip for the leafs. Do one side at a time and use a jack to lower the axle from the pumpkin. Get the new bushings for the rear hanger of the leafs. A 2x4 and a hammer puts those in real easy with a little antisieze.
You forgot 10, 12 and 22? Or 24?
Old 09-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #8

357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, and 19!!
Old 09-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #9
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357sig View Post
You forgot 10, 12 and 22? Or 24?
Thanks for the reminder. 10 and 12 are just common all over these trucks. Don't recall using a 24 on my front suspension.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #10

tex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh, and 19!!
I covered 19. That and 17 will take the rear suspension apart.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:09 PM   #11
Senior Injector

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. I don't have air tools, but I have a several power tools including two impact wrenches. The new bushings, I can get those from the dealership, correct?

I remember installing the leafs on Tdunc's Tacoma. Seems the hardest part was aligning the rear to get the damn bolt through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorkie View Post
I can help out Friday afterwork. Not sure if you'll be done by then but I'll send you a text.
Sounds good man. Appreciate it!

Quote:
Lol! !! Deal!! I done a few spindle swaps myself! ! Not to hard
You're the man!
Old 09-15-2013, 06:15 PM   #12

357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the reminder. 10 and 12 are just common all over these trucks. Don't recall using a 24 on my front suspension.
20 somthing, is for the front nut off the cv axles.
Plus iv been drinking!

Quote:
I covered 19. That and 17 will take the rear suspension apart.
Have I mentioned I have beem drinking? ? Lol
Old 09-15-2013, 06:44 PM   #13
Trail Leader
Snorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Snorks
Snorkie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Plus iv been drinking!

He won't be needing that one.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:55 PM   #14

tex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Plus iv been drinking!

CV and spindle lift don't belong in the same thread.
Drinking owns you tonight. LOL.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:55 PM   #15
Senior Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorkie View Post
He won't be needing that one.
I has el 2 wheel drive-o
Old 09-15-2013, 07:04 PM   #16
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Family vacation weekend. No can do for me. Don't forget time for your alignment.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:35 PM   #17
Senior Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerla View Post
Family vacation weekend. No can do for me. Don't forget time for your alignment.
What's the name of the place you used in Deer Park?
Old 09-16-2013, 03:36 AM   #18

357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lol I forgot he wasnt 4x!!
Old 09-16-2013, 04:03 AM   #20

357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh, and why cant cv and spindles be in the same thread??

I have a spindle lift and cv axles!! So I wasn't as drunk as I thought Lol