Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

finally got the TRD supercharger and 7th injector kit done

Old 09-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #1
No Road. No Problem.
03TRDtacotrucker will become famous soon enough03TRDtacotrucker will become famous soon enough

Name: Alex
03TRDtacotrucker's Tacoma Gallery
finally got the TRD supercharger and 7th injector kit done

Took about 14 hours all together with a couple mechanic friends while drinking a lot of beer lol, dropping the tank for the 190 fuel pump was a pain. I dont know if its the 7th injector calibrator or the 2.2 pulley, but under WOT the truck goes into full retard of timing and goes nowhere so not sure whats up with that. gas mileage is about 14-15mpg avg. city/ highway. Highway is so much better, can actually pass other cars for once. Not so impressed from a start because it still wont roast the tires. That may be in part to the mud terrain tires......all in all its a much better daily driver and actually pretty fun to drive now. Definitely not fast, but its much quicker than before. Was it worth it....yes, cost way too much for what you get.....yes.

URD 7th injector kit

URD 2.2 pulley, pushing 9psi of boost at 13.5 A/F

Logitech A pillar w/ innovate Air fuel gauge and boost gauge

And there she blows (literally), LOVE the sound of it.

Attached Thumbnails
finally got the TRD supercharger and 7th injector kit done-decal.jpg   finally got the TRD supercharger and 7th injector kit done-full-engine.jpg   finally got the TRD supercharger and 7th injector kit done-gauges.jpg   finally got the TRD supercharger and 7th injector kit done-sc.jpg   finally got the TRD supercharger and 7th injector kit done-urd.jpg  

finally got the TRD supercharger and 7th injector kit done-urd-cali.jpg  
Old 09-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #4
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
lol nice! good to know theres more members near me
Old 09-27-2013, 04:24 PM   #6
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing showing up for me.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #8
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03TRDtacotrucker View Post
Ok if this doesn't tell you how long its been since ive posted any pictures, forgot that you have to use Manage attachments .....Epic fail... they should show up now I hope.
There we go.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:48 PM   #9
42boxer is on a distinguished road

Marines: 6111A in training
Name: Brannon
42boxer's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet!!! was it worth it?
Old 09-27-2013, 04:49 PM   #10
'Murrica!
AK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
AK Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome! I'd get that WOT issue figured out though since it definitely shouldn't be doing that.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #11
No Road. No Problem.
03TRDtacotrucker will become famous soon enough03TRDtacotrucker will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Taco View Post
Looks awesome! I'd get that WOT issue figured out though since it definitely shouldn't be doing that.
I know I don't know whats up with that, maybe the ECU fighting the URD tuner, 2.2 pulley adding too much air.... your guess is as good as mine. Talked to a performance shop and they were wondering why I went with a piggy back system and told me for a grand they would install a full AEM injector kit and tune with 3 dino runs. So am most likely going to ditch the 7th injector and go that route. Hopefully he can get it tuned right so I can actually have some real fun with it.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:01 PM   #12
No Road. No Problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42boxer View Post
Sweet!!! was it worth it?
with the 7th injector, SC, and full performance build on the trans cost me around 6,500.00 .....so for the money it really wasn't worth it to me. maybe after I get it tuned with a better kit then it will maybe be worth it, but for the extra speed and highway drivability it was worth it. Im still up in the air on that.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #13
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting... Have you talked to gadget about it?
Old 09-27-2013, 05:12 PM   #14
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
cool... but i see no pics
Iphoneproblems???
Old 09-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #15
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357sig View Post
Iphoneproblems???
Late comer... They didn't work for hours...

#drunkdonutproblemz
Old 09-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #16
No Road. No Problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
Interesting... Have you talked to gadget about it?
He didn't really give me any options about the WOT issue. I at first was calling about having issues with the RPM gauge going nuts on me. He told me to checked all my wiring so I did and it was all fine. That problem just fixed itself and haven't had another issue with it so not sure what the deal was. my stupid truck has all the EPA crap from like California on it so wasn't sure if that could possibly be a cause to my WOT issue
Old 09-27-2013, 07:47 PM   #18

42boxer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
with the 7th injector, SC, and full performance build on the trans cost me around 6,500.00 .....so for the money it really wasn't worth it to me. maybe after I get it tuned with a better kit then it will maybe be worth it, but for the extra speed and highway drivability it was worth it. Im still up in the air on that.

Trans build? what for? Im already thinking I need to rebuild the engine. If id have to rebuild both then I might be backing out
Old 09-28-2013, 06:45 AM   #19
No Road. No Problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42boxer View Post
Trans build? what for? Im already thinking I need to rebuild the engine. If id have to rebuild both then I might be backing out
the automatic trans will not hold out under WOT and a SC. you will wind up destroying the transmission in no time if you plan to drive it hard like most people do with a SC vehicle. some people get lucky and their tranny has survived, mine was already slipping on me so I just went ahead and beefed it up with a full performance rebuild.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #20

42boxer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
the automatic trans will not hold out under WOT and a SC. you will wind up destroying the transmission in no time if you plan to drive it hard like most people do with a SC vehicle. some people get lucky and their tranny has survived, mine was already slipping on me so I just went ahead and beefed it up with a full performance rebuild.
Damn, hmmm my tranny is running great with 210k miles on it. And I like to drive it rough from time to time.