Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Truck stolen yesterday from my work parking lot

Old 09-28-2013, 05:56 AM   #1
paidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the rough

Army: Airborne
paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
Truck stolen yesterday from my work parking lot

My 09 Tacoma (red) was stolen from my work parking lot here in Austin today. It has a chrome bull bar on the front with a custom grill. Fold back bed cover. 1200 dollar aftermarket stereo system that has a built in back up camera and GPS. Has Texas A&M sticker above the SR5 on the tailgate. Harley Davidson stickers on the rear window and Texas Tacoma sticker on the rear window. Just installed the tires a few months ago...BF Goodrich AT's. 62k miles on it. 4x4, extra cab...not the 4 door version.

Besides the truck, I had a lot of stuff in the truck that I would like to get back. My Dad's tool box was in the bed under the locked cover.

If any of you folks spot it, please respond to this post or just call 911 to report its location so it can be found.

Yes I have full coverage insurance. $500 ded. though.

I really liked that truck. I put ebach springs on the front and had it lifted with adjustable shocks a couple of inches and added some leafs in the back. So it sits level. It was a really good truck. Everyone liked it. Really sad.

Makes me just want to get a clunker now.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:04 AM   #2
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Does your work not have a security system w/cameras? Sorry to about your baby, though. Maybe you'll get her back. Good luck!
Old 09-28-2013, 06:06 AM   #3
paidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the rough

paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

security cameras were to be installed Monday morning.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:12 AM   #4
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paidfor View Post
security cameras were to be installed Monday morning.
Figures
Old 09-28-2013, 06:22 AM   #5
LennyTheLip is a name known to allLennyTheLip is a name known to allLennyTheLip is a name known to allLennyTheLip is a name known to allLennyTheLip is a name known to allLennyTheLip is a name known to all
Law Enforcement:
LennyTheLip's Tacoma Gallery
Might want to throw a few pics of the truck up, so the guys/gals in Texas have an idea of what your truck looks like.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:31 AM   #6
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Probably in Mexico by now... That really sucks. Hopefully they find the pieces of shit that stole it.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #7
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post
Probably in Mexico by now... That really sucks. Hopefully they find the pieces of shit that stole it.
True!!

Also your quote is true too!
Old 09-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #8

paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
Picture
Attached Thumbnails
Truck stolen yesterday from my work parking lot-20130518_151012.jpg  
Old 10-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #9

paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
So I guess the Insurance Co. decided it was not going to show up. They said they would pay off the remainder of my loan yesterday (Friday) and that my check would be ready Mon or Tues. I will take issue with what they said they would pay me. They are not giving me any credit for my $1700 radio, new tires, backflip cover, or ebach springs/struts. If I can get it up to $25k I will be happy.
Side note: I put $500 down on a 2013 4door, short bed, TRD OR, 4x4 today. Comes with leather seats, nav system, and upscale radio. Makes me somewhat happy. Will be happier once I get it lifted a couple of inches more and put better tires on it....down the road. First mod will be a locking bed cover then tool box. Then....
Old 10-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #10
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
How about an alarm , kill switch , or the club also
Old 10-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #11
450rider is on a distinguished road
450rider's Tacoma Gallery
You should look into a SmartStart. It has a built-in gps the only down side is there is a monthly fee
Old 10-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #12
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Were the keys in it?
Old 10-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #13

paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
no. Keys were not in it. I think they used a wrecker. Or if they had keys, they worked for a dealership near my house since I always had oil changes done there. The dealership and their folks were always pestering me about selling it back to them.

Anyway, I am planning the work I want to do on my new one. I really want to lift it so I am on the look out for some OME or Eibach springs and an AAL if anyone here in Texas has something like that. Few other things too. Tool box, bed mat, weather tech floor mats, tailgate lock, and a few other things.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:53 AM   #14
Happy Camper
SamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SamSter0077's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, sad news.. I remember your truck for WAAaayy back. Back to payments, eh? Good luck with the insurance company!
Old 10-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #15

paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
My old truck was stolen. It was red.

I bought a new one today....the silver one in the picture. Need to add quite a few things to customize it the way I want it. Just going to make a few more payments longer than I had planned.

And the new one has gps tracking that will track it anywhere it goes using my cell or a computer. Cost a little more but I can sleep at night.
Attached Thumbnails
Truck stolen yesterday from my work parking lot-09tacoma1.jpg   Truck stolen yesterday from my work parking lot-2913tacoma.jpg  
Old 10-11-2013, 09:42 PM   #16
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
F GPS, you need to chain a guard dog to it! Glad you picked up a new one!
Old 10-31-2013, 10:26 AM   #17
Muy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Muy Grande's Tacoma Gallery
yeah man maybe not adding that A&M sticker will help the new truck from not getting stolen..........glad you replaced it with a newer Taco.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:05 PM   #18

paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

update.

Cops found it and the driver is in jail. Truck is in impound being fingerprinted and a list of all loose items inside the truck is being made. Insurance adjuster told me he would share the list with me to see if any of my stuff shows up on the list (hope they will). Cops and adjuster said the truck is in excellent condition. Still has my plates on it. Now the waiting game.

The truck does not belong to me anymore but I want any of my stuff that was in the truck back.

Oh yea, they truck went though a toll rode here in Austin a month after it was stolen. My locking bed cover had been removed and stickers on the back bumper removed. They sent the bill for the toll road to my home address. I had to take a police report to the toll road folks to get the charged removed from my name. They gave me a picture of the truck going through the toll cameras...rear view only.

4 months after it was stolen it was found. Some of my faith in the police department has been restored.

Wish I could have all of my stuff back. At this point they can keep the truck though.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:08 PM   #19
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paidfor View Post
update.

Cops found it and the driver is in jail. Truck is in impound being fingerprinted and a list of all loose items inside the truck is being made. Insurance adjuster told me he would share the list with me to see if any of my stuff shows up on the list (hope they will). Cops and adjuster said the truck is in excellent condition. Still has my plates on it. Now the waiting game.

The truck does not belong to me anymore but I want any of my stuff that was in the truck back.

Oh yea, they truck went though a toll rode here in Austin a month after it was stolen. My locking bed cover had been removed and stickers on the back bumper removed. They sent the bill for the toll road to my home address. I had to take a police report to the toll road folks to get the charged removed from my name. They gave me a picture of the truck going through the toll cameras...rear view only.

4 months after it was stolen it was found. Some of my faith in the police department has been restored.

Wish I could have all of my stuff back. At this point they can keep the truck though.
holy crap.... hope you get some stuff back
Old 01-10-2014, 02:08 PM   #20
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Glad to hear they found it. Sucks that this happened in a place like Austin though...you work on the east side or what? lol