Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Big Bend National Park

Old 11-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Big Bend National Park

Anyone thinking about going to Big Bend may want to go soon. It's been wet there the last few weeks and the park is unnaturally lush. Waterfalls, muddy roads, plenty of water in the mountains for backpacking. Everyone I spoke with couldn't remember seeing it like this in the fall. Highs in the lower 60s last week made for perfect hiking weather. Enjoy it while you can.

Old 11-19-2013, 05:48 AM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Been meaning to spend a week out there, it won't be this year though.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #3
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I can't say what Spring will bring, but with all the water in the park right now, I'll bet March - May will be very green.

I'll post a trip report once I get some more photos from some friends. No major offroad trails in the park, but some of the roads were fun. I was a little surprised at how well a mostly stock OR did on Black Gap Road. I also strung together some trails to make an 18 mile dayhike of the Chisos Mountains, with a climb up Emory Peak. Fun stuff.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #4
erockintaco is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Communications
Name: ernie
erockintaco's Tacoma Gallery
theres a great group of folks heading out soon https://www.facebook.com/events/532785273460107/

i wish i could make it
Old 11-21-2013, 08:44 AM   #5
Golfcart is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
Golfcart's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty amazing picture
Old 11-21-2013, 06:38 PM   #6
Well, let's play chess.

Thanks. I'll post more this weekend.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:05 AM   #7
Crusher69 is on a distinguished road

Name: Sean
Crusher69's Tacoma Gallery
I thout there were going to be some more photos haha the internet goes like thatlol
Old 01-13-2014, 10:59 AM   #8
Well, let's play chess.

Sorry!

Here are a few. I really will post more later.