Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

DFW/Plano/North Dallas Help KULCAT build thread

Old 12-29-2013, 08:27 AM   #21
First class awesome
CrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
CrackerJackMack's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to CrackerJackMack
I have tools, lots of tools and very comfortable with the suspension parts. Just give a date and I'll see if I can help out. Even willing to just let you use my garage.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:04 AM   #22
kulcat is on a distinguished road
Name: Thomas
kulcat's Tacoma Gallery
back from the depths, still have these parts collecting dust. now that it's finally starting to warm up a bit, maybe we can knock this out??
Old 02-19-2014, 11:15 AM   #23
First class awesome
CrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sack up. Lets make this happen!
Old 02-19-2014, 11:35 AM   #24
kulcat's Tacoma Gallery
in a perfect world, do we think like 6-8 hours?
Old 03-10-2014, 08:07 AM   #25
First class awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulcat View Post
in a perfect world, do we think like 6-8 hours?
Just installed TC UCA and ICON extended travel coils this weekend. Started about 11, finished about 3 with minimal breaks. The driver side plus grokking the instructions so I didn't bugger anything up took the longest. Otherwise it's easy and relatively quick. If I had had help it would have gone faster for sure.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:53 PM   #26
200Proof is on a distinguished road
Name: bruce
200Proof's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be happy to help. Trying to wrap my head around how it's done. I'll be doing something similar to mine soon. I got beer and labor ;p
Old 03-17-2014, 06:35 AM   #27
kulcat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerJackMack View Post
Just installed TC UCA and ICON extended travel coils this weekend. Started about 11, finished about 3 with minimal breaks. The driver side plus grokking the instructions so I didn't bugger anything up took the longest. Otherwise it's easy and relatively quick. If I had had help it would have gone faster for sure.
Instructions = Youtube? Anyone got anything going this weekend or next? I have a softball league on Sunday mornings usually til 11-12, but other than that, should be free.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:50 AM   #28
First class awesome

Quote:
Instructions = Youtube? Anyone got anything going this weekend or next? I have a softball league on Sunday mornings usually til 11-12, but other than that, should be free.
It's not my first install so I was just making sure that everything was in order as each piece can have slightly different requirements. Better safe than sorry. I've got a bro who wants to come and help out as well so this will be rather quick. Meet up at my place this saturday then!

I'm in Lavon so it's a drive but worth it for free labor eh? Everyone let me know who is in then. Lets get this done (finally).
Old 03-17-2014, 08:53 AM   #29
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud of

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Its easy to do, I started at 9 and finished at 5 but I did coilovers, Ucas, skids, rear leafs with shackle flip, and boot slide ALONE.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:27 AM   #30
kulcat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerJackMack View Post
It's not my first install so I was just making sure that everything was in order as each piece can have slightly different requirements. Better safe than sorry. I've got a bro who wants to come and help out as well so this will be rather quick. Meet up at my place this saturday then!

I'm in Lavon so it's a drive but worth it for free labor eh? Everyone let me know who is in then. Lets get this done (finally).
checkin with the boss....so do I need the spring compression tool? Now that shits moving all the questions are coming up.

Differential drop...I don't have anything for this, need it? My goal is 2.5" all way around with .75" on the 5100s(already set there) and then Eibach coils. I didn't buy a kit so I dont have anything other than those exact parts.

I'm going to call on new UCA bolts(haven't looked for those yet)
Old 03-17-2014, 05:18 PM   #31
First class awesome

Quote:
checkin with the boss....so do I need the spring compression tool? Now that shits moving all the questions are coming up.

Differential drop...I don't have anything for this, need it? My goal is 2.5" all way around with .75" on the 5100s(already set there) and then Eibach coils. I didn't buy a kit so I dont have anything other than those exact parts.

I'm going to call on new UCA bolts(haven't looked for those yet)
If your struts aren't assembled (the spring isn't on the shock already) then the answer is yes.

I have a diff drop kit from my '10 if you want, there are varying opinions about diff drops across the forums so I'll refrain. But I have one if that's what you decide.

The UCA bolts are more of a precaution because it's easier to cut them off than it is to take them out the first time, though the driver side (to me) is easier to take out through the front. If you don't get them it's ok, it's just more work.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:36 AM   #32
kulcat's Tacoma Gallery
bolts ordered, be here by Friday. So I guess all I need now is the spring compressor....any local guys have one? I imagine those aren't cheap to rent.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:39 AM   #33
kulcat's Tacoma Gallery
I'm IN for anytime after lunch Saturday, my wife has something going in the morning so best after like 1pm...that work?
Old 03-18-2014, 11:48 AM   #34
First class awesome

https://goo.gl/maps/u3bLF @ 1PM Saturday. See you there.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:49 AM   #35
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
spring compressor can be rented from autozone. You put a deposit down and they refund you the deposit after you return it.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:41 AM   #36
kulcat's Tacoma Gallery
EDIT, back on for 1pm Saturday! Anyone else coming out?
Old 03-20-2014, 11:34 AM   #37
kulcat's Tacoma Gallery
back on for Saturday, 1pm in Lavon. Anyone else coming out?
Old 03-20-2014, 12:46 PM   #38
" The Master Ninja"
Death_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Talha
Death_Stalker's Tacoma Gallery
just moved to Frisco from Houston. I might be stopping by. Just got me a new Quad and will be taking it to the Northwest OHV Park. Not sure how that will go. Depending on that, i might stop by.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:35 PM   #39
kulcat's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a transplant to North Plano from Houston(Needville). I've been here abot 15 years now.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:36 PM   #40
First class awesome

You two should be friends and truckpool over here on saturday then.