Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

DFW/Plano/North Dallas Help KULCAT build thread

Old 11-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
kulcat is on a distinguished road
Name: Thomas
kulcat's Tacoma Gallery
DFW/Plano/North Dallas Help KULCAT build thread

Hey North Dallas peeps, anyone got access to a place and would be willing to help a build newb add some stuff to my tacoma? I've decided I'm going to keep mine until we at least have another kid(if that happens). I have a 2009 DC. I already have Bilsteins all the way around, .75 in front. I have the following waiting to be put on:

EIBACH COILS
LR UCAs(just in case)
Progressive leaf Springs for rear.

What ya'll think? I can provide food/beer/water whatever. I'd like to see how it's done and possibly help just so I can further my auto expertise Anyone else out there like me that needs stuff done? Maybe we can do a bigger meet and build?

Thanks! Thomas
Old 11-19-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
If I was in town I'd be down.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #3
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulcat View Post
Hey North Dallas peeps, anyone got access to a place and would be willing to help a build newb add some stuff to my tacoma? I've decided I'm going to keep mine until we at least have another kid(if that happens). I have a 2009 DC. I already have Bilsteins all the way around, .75 in front. I have the following waiting to be put on:

EIBACH COILS
LR UCAs(just in case)
Progressive leaf Springs for rear.

What ya'll think? I can provide food/beer/water whatever. I'd like to see how it's done and possibly help just so I can further my auto expertise Anyone else out there like me that needs stuff done? Maybe we can do a bigger meet and build?

Thanks! Thomas
i'd be down to help but not this weekend. im sure alot of us DFW guys wouldnt mind. might want to try and check the texas bs thread and ask the guys there.

when were you plannin on the install?
Old 11-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
kulcat's Tacoma Gallery
I've had all the parts...just needed incentive to do it. I was tinkering with a TUNDRA but dam, I'm not gonna get 12mpg until I have to . I mean is this something someone could do in their personal garage? I just worry about the springs, from what I've read, that's the most dangerous part?
Old 11-19-2013, 02:29 PM   #5
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I've had all the parts...just needed incentive to do it. I was tinkering with a TUNDRA but dam, I'm not gonna get 12mpg until I have to . I mean is this something someone could do in their personal garage? I just worry about the springs, from what I've read, that's the most dangerous part?
i had 4wheel parts put my lift on but that was before i discovered tacoma world and discovered how willing and helpful the locals on TW are.

are you talking about the leafs or the coils?
Old 11-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #6
kulcat's Tacoma Gallery
The coils and the decompression. Ya, I'd rather not have to pay plus I wouldn't know how to do in the future if I wanted to.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:48 AM   #7
kulcat's Tacoma Gallery
Before I peg a date with anyone, is there anything else you guys can think of parts wise that I'll need? Again, already have the Bilsteins installed. I have 2 eibach coils, the driverside spacer, LR UCAs new in box and the progressive leaf springs new in box. Do I need anything else?
Old 11-20-2013, 06:50 AM   #8
Running For Mayor of TW

check texas thread. u-bolts?
Old 11-26-2013, 11:57 AM   #9
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
This can be done in a garage. I may be able to help. Spring compressors are much easier if you have an air impact gun.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:11 PM   #10
kulcat's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man....I don't have anything other than a POS socket set so my tool availability/knowledge is low Someone needs to help me quick before I do something dumb and trade it in for a TUNDRA.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #11
Running For Mayor of TW

well if anyone else has said impact gun i have a compressor.

nothing wrong with a tundy
Old 11-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #12
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
I have impact and compressor. Along with a nice floor jack.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #13
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
http://youtu.be/vkVLBOnAifc http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ful-links.html Good install video for control arms, and coilsprings. I may be down to help depending on when and where. This weekend gonna be cold and nasty! I have most sockets, ratchets, breaker bar, torque wrench, wrenches, prybars, and C-clamps ect.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:31 AM   #14
kulcat's Tacoma Gallery
Ya, I've watched that a few times when I first bought the stuff. I don't feel comfortable going at that alone not having mechanical skills. In other words, I'm a weiner.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #15
kulcat's Tacoma Gallery
let's get this going beginning of the year.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:09 PM   #16
Running For Mayor of TW

im still in as long as its a weekend
Old 12-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #17
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Come to houston and bring beer! Ill put you to work
Old 12-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #18
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
let's get this going beginning of the year.
Ill still be in, im gonna get new leafs hopefully after the first of the year.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #19
PlanoTaco is on a distinguished road

PlanoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I am willing to help & have a few tools. Let me know and if I am in town will be there. Also if anyone is interested I have my original leafs for a 2012 sport in my attic that I took off at 250 miles as well as the floor mats removed at the same time. Shoot me a price or trade and get them out of my garage before my wife throws them out.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #20
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanoTaco View Post
I am willing to help & have a few tools. Let me know and if I am in town will be there. Also if anyone is interested I have my original leafs for a 2012 sport in my attic that I took off at 250 miles as well as the floor mats removed at the same time. Shoot me a price or trade and get them out of my garage before my wife throws them out.
If she throws them out let me know