Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Quick question about Tx law and offroading

Old 11-21-2013, 08:56 PM   #1
Bad Habits is on a distinguished road
Bad Habits's Tacoma Gallery
Quick question about Tx law and offroading

Ok, so as the hunters are prolly aware, creeks, streams and rivers are public land. That means we can use it for any lawful purpose we see fit. Does that also mean that I can drive down one and see where it goes and how much fun I can have? I have a feeling that driving 2 or 3 miles into the King Ranch would be fun and challenging. Thoughts?
Old 11-21-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
I think there is a law about causing erosion or something like that and trucks are frowned upon in waterways.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:40 PM   #3
4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alan
4OYOTER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Habits View Post
Ok, so as the hunters are prolly aware, creeks, streams and rivers are public land. That means we can use it for any lawful purpose we see fit. Does that also mean that I can drive down one and see where it goes and how much fun I can have? I have a feeling that driving 2 or 3 miles into the King Ranch would be fun and challenging. Thoughts?
From my understanding, that's not true. Pretty sure it's a class C misdemeanor to operate a vehicle in a creek or waterway in Texas.. Regardless of private or public land. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong
Old 11-21-2013, 09:56 PM   #4
Bad Habits is on a distinguished road
Bad Habits's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, another hope and dream killed.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #5
4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alan
4OYOTER's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publicat...ation/sweeney/