Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Need someone willing to help me install a lift in Austin

Old 11-24-2013, 05:29 AM   #1
paidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the rough

Army: Airborne
paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
Need someone willing to help me install a lift in Austin

I live in Austin. Just bought a new truck (after my last one was stolen). I have springs and 5100's as well as AAL that I need help installing. I have some of the tools but not all of them (they were in my stolen truck).

I have a couple of hundred dollars that I could pay for the time. Or just point me to a good installer that is not trying to make a killing. Looking to do this after the Thanksgiving holiday or later.

Thanks
Old 11-24-2013, 06:58 AM   #2
texastaco11 is just really nicetexastaco11 is just really nicetexastaco11 is just really nicetexastaco11 is just really nicetexastaco11 is just really nice

Firefighter:
texastaco11's Tacoma Gallery
It might be pretty managable to do on your own. Ive been reading up on installing the same lift on the threads here. There is that new diy garage in Austin where you can rent time and the tools are provided.

Diytexas.com
Old 11-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #3
4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alan
4OYOTER's Tacoma Gallery
I can help. Only thing I've never done is assemble coilovers but I'm sure we can figure it out.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #4
Texas Taco
Oury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oury
Oury's Tacoma Gallery
I can lend a hand if I'm not too busy, I don't have a garage but a flat concrete work space. Can't assemble the springs though
Old 12-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #5
Countinuous improvement
TejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nathan
TejasYOTA's Tacoma Gallery
Did you get your suspension installed?
If not, post up on TTORA South Central Texas region, there are members in that area that can help ya.
And honestly you can do it yourself.
If you take your time, plan for 2 days, if you are mechanically inclined it should take 1 day.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:39 AM   #6
Banned
Sinned is on a distinguished road
Name: dennis
Sinned's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by texastaco11 View Post
It might be pretty managable to do on your own. Ive been reading up on installing the same lift on the threads here. There is that new diy garage in Austin where you can rent time and the tools are provided.

Diytexas.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4runner316 View Post
I can help. Only thing I've never done is assemble coilovers but I'm sure we can figure it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oury View Post
I can lend a hand if I'm not too busy, I don't have a garage but a flat concrete work space. Can't assemble the springs though

Assembling springs isnt hard at all. Might be the easiest part in lifting a truck.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #7
paidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the rough

paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
I figured I could do it myself. Problem is that I do not have a lot of spare time these days. Plus I really need to go ahead and buy some top plates so I can get my struts built up prior to the install. That way, less time to mess with that. It looks like this project may have to wait until Jan. Just to busy at work to do it now. thanks for all of the offers though. I might ask for some help in a month or so.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:27 PM   #8
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be willing to help, I've put a lift consisting of eibach coils, 5100s, and Dakar leafs on my 2001 tacoma and a spacer/ block lift on my dad's ford ranger. What part of Austin are you in?
Old 12-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #9
"Jedi Knight and friend to Captain dsaltus"
Dagobah is on a distinguished road

Name: Zane
Dagobah's Tacoma Gallery
I just lifted my Runner in my friends carport (he doesn't have a car) and using his help (he works at a shop). After it was done, he said he had a blast doing it, and has voiced a desire to do more work like that. I'm sure we could knock it out over a weekend at his place for just some food and beer.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #10

paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainmoe02 View Post
I'd be willing to help, I've put a lift consisting of eibach coils, 5100s, and Dakar leafs on my 2001 tacoma and a spacer/ block lift on my dad's ford ranger. What part of Austin are you in?

North Austin
Old 12-06-2013, 01:06 PM   #11

paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagobah View Post
I just lifted my Runner in my friends carport (he doesn't have a car) and using his help (he works at a shop). After it was done, he said he had a blast doing it, and has voiced a desire to do more work like that. I'm sure we could knock it out over a weekend at his place for just some food and beer.
sounds good. I need to get some time ...hopefully around christmas.