Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

How long should I own my tacoma b4 selling?

Old 12-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
Ready to Roll
riverray is on a distinguished road
Name: ray
riverray's Tacoma Gallery
How long should I own my tacoma b4 selling?

I've had my '07 dbcb sb 4x4 since '09. Bought it at 55000 miles and now has 89k. Well kept with only front bilsteins and fj tt rims and slightly used 265/75/16s. My dilemma is to trade in now for a newer taco or keep. I love my taco. What do you think? If there is an existing poll for this I'm sorry.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #3
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
Why sell and buy a new one if this one meets your needs. Society has a illness of needing a new vehicle because you are close to or did pay off you're current vehicle.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #4
07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
07regtacoman's Tacoma Gallery
Until the wheels fall off and the frame rots and falls to the ground.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #6
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
Wait 20 years... then chop off the fenders, bob the bed, and turn it into a rock crawler.
FIFY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
I say wait a couple years and see what the new configurations coming out will be.
This. When the 3rd gen Taco comes out, there will be people turned off by its larger size and uglier styling, at which point your 2nd gen will be worth more.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #7
Ready to Roll
riverray is on a distinguished road
Name: ray
riverray's Tacoma Gallery
I guess being very analytical i require graphs showing a well researched depreciation scale. Oh yeah tacos don't depreciate. Haha! No, but really. Is It better to stay above the line and assure resale value or risk the possibility of higher maintenance needs?
Old 12-12-2013, 05:41 AM   #8
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverray View Post
I guess being very analytical i require graphs showing a well researched depreciation scale. Oh yeah tacos don't depreciate. Haha! No, but really. Is It better to stay above the line and assure resale value or risk the possibility of higher maintenance needs?
Maintenance needs such as what exactly? Just do what the manual tells you to do at the appropriate intervals.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:01 AM   #9
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Maintenance is a given, thats like me selling my 03 because its due for a timing belt. Well the down payment on a new one is more than that. If its in good shape and you take care of it like your suppose to by keeping up with regular maintenance she will last a long time. Most buy these trucks for longevity not resale.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:06 AM   #10
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
If you trade it on a new one your regret it when you get that inch thick payment book in the mail!.............drive what you got till it rots away.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #11
imsuperjp is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsuperjp is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsuperjp is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsuperjp is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsuperjp is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsuperjp is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsuperjp is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsuperjp is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsuperjp is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsuperjp is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsuperjp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JP
imsuperjp's Tacoma Gallery
sell me your wheels!
Old 12-12-2013, 06:26 PM   #12
mwrose777 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
mwrose777's Tacoma Gallery
I was in your same boat with my 06 that had 175k or something miles. I opted to trade it in, and it had no issues. My reasoning was I have a really great paying new job, and I've never owned a brand new vehicle. Having a car note sucks, but it's not much, and I love my new truck.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #13
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly, I've owned my Taco since it was new in 2009. I've had the "3rd Gen" on the brain all year. I'm at 86k miles right now and covered till 100k miles. I'm going to keep it till 100k at least but then it's sort of up in the air.

My whole thing is that there's nothing else on the market at the moment I think meets my needs more. Honestly, the only thing better than my tacoma would be a brand new Tacoma. And even then, it would need serious work to be as good as mine.

I hate to say it but I'm VERY anxious to see the new Chevy Colorado and the 3rd gen Tacoma. I think the midsize truck market is about to get EXTREMELY competitive.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #14
NYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant future
Name: Joe
NYNURSE's Tacoma Gallery
If you want a shiny new truck, do it. Keeping what you have will be cheaper, shiny new truck looks nicer. Unless money is an issue, there is no wrong answer.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:10 PM   #15
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Bought my 2006 new and had it for 6.5 years. Got a wild hair, and traded on 2010.

Base SR5 4x4 to OR 6 spd. 4x4. In hindsight, should have kept the old one. Oh well, still a Tacoma!
Old 12-14-2013, 06:29 AM   #16
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverray View Post
I've had my '07 dbcb sb 4x4 since '09. Bought it at 55000 miles and now has 89k. Well kept with only front bilsteins and fj tt rims and slightly used 265/75/16s. My dilemma is to trade in now for a newer taco or keep. I love my taco. What do you think? If there is an existing poll for this I'm sorry.

Why not just convert the front end to the new 2012? That would save you more truck payments. Evrrything else is the same as what you have now. Besides the radio