Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Finally got one.

Old 12-31-2013, 03:18 PM   #1
Pwooly is on a distinguished road

Name: Patrick
Pwooly's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got one.

After 3 month of registering on this forum. I finally pulled the trigger. Little did I know when I bought it on Saturday it was the biggest shopping day of the year. Took me 5 and half hours to go through the full process.

I ended up getting 2013 Tacoma Prerunner SR5. Certified at 10k miles, No previous owner on carfax. I'm assuming it was a demo or the dealer used it. I took about 3 months to think about it and I ended up not getting the 4x4. I actually have never needed it, even on the deer lease on the muddiest days. I'm sure if I had it i would love to hit up the trails. However I'm happy with my decision I made. I finally can stop drooling on my keyboard when visiting on these forums. No longer do i need to stick my fishing poles out the window from a car. I will probably keep it stock for a while before doing anything to it. However I need to get the tow hitch on the back put on and of course need some advice on floormats, what to get and what not to get, etc. Thanks again for the continued advice.

See pic below, not the best but i can get more.

Old 12-31-2013, 05:32 PM   #4
StreetCrawler is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
StreetCrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Get yourself a pop-n-lock.

I got that before my truck hit my the driveway for the first time.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:36 PM   #5
PnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B Infantryman (Vet.)
Name: chris
PnoyBOS5's Tacoma Gallery
Good choice in Pre-runner, still can go lightweight mudding.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:38 PM   #6
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Very nice!
Old 12-31-2013, 05:38 PM   #7
John 2013 is on a distinguished road

Name: John
John 2013's Tacoma Gallery
Good Luck. I have weather tech floor mats, front & back. Very happy with them. A bed cover would help with your gas mileage a little.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:11 PM   #8

Pwooly's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you, gents! I have heard good things about the weathertech floor mats I'll probably look into buying those. I will also have to look into that pop lock thing as I do live in the city.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:19 PM   #9

Pwooly's Tacoma Gallery
One thing I wanted to ask before I read the Manuals, is what is the standard maintenance on the 2013 Tacoma's? In details my questions are what mileage do I get oil changes, standard 3k? I want to keep up the maintenance on this vehicle as much as possible.

Any suggestions?

Another question, since this is the Texas thread, where are all the Tacoma Saltwater fisherman in Texas? Wouldn't mind tagging along catching some trout and redfish.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:06 AM   #11
Smurfette
baconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Becky
baconbits2_98's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwooly View Post
One thing I wanted to ask before I read the Manuals, is what is the standard maintenance on the 2013 Tacoma's? In details my questions are what mileage do I get oil changes, standard 3k? I want to keep up the maintenance on this vehicle as much as possible.

Any suggestions?

Another question, since this is the Texas thread, where are all the Tacoma Saltwater fisherman in Texas? Wouldn't mind tagging along catching some trout and redfish.

There's a few of us down here in the pearland area that fish. We'll have to set up a fishing meet soon
Old 01-02-2014, 05:10 AM   #12
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits2_98 View Post
There's a few of us down here in the pearland area that fish. We'll have to set up a fishing meet soon
Yes!! Think flounder still laying around
Old 01-02-2014, 12:30 PM   #13

Pwooly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hell yeah PM me anytime and I'm always down to fish.

Quote:
Yes!! Think flounder still laying around
I have heard and read from the reports the flounder are still hitting it up.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:50 PM   #14
Smurfette
baconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Becky
baconbits2_98's Tacoma Gallery
We were down at Bryan Beach this past Saturday night and didn't catch crap. Saw one or two mullet, a grass fire on the other side of the river and an old refrigerator floating up and down the river lol
Old 01-02-2014, 01:28 PM   #16

Pwooly's Tacoma Gallery
I have some pretty good spots to fish and also wade fish here and there.

Some spots are a bit of a drive but we can all together and hit some spots up.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:33 PM   #17
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Count me in
Old 01-02-2014, 01:34 PM   #18

357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
We were down at Bryan Beach this past Saturday night and didn't catch crap. Saw one or two mullet, a grass fire on the other side of the river and an old refrigerator floating up and down the river lol
You mean the fish you get is not from the refrigerator in the kitchen? ???
Old 01-02-2014, 01:47 PM   #19
mwrose777 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
mwrose777's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
YES PLEASE!

oh and WELCOME
Old 01-04-2014, 08:57 AM   #20
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwooly View Post

Any suggestions?

Non synthetic = 5k miles
Synthetic = 8-10k miles
Transmission oil factory recommends 100k but i'd change at about 80k.
Spark plug ever 30k - standard denso or NGK plugs - nothing fancy
Axle oil every 30k as well. Lube joints every 15k.