Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Houston BS Thread 3.0

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #661
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Was that a one off custom or started being standard on all?
It's standard on bolt on and 96" weld on sliders and a option on 80" 2nd Gen sliders.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:43 AM   #662
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes I'm sure. Granted its only like 8" of bed, its still there.
I don't see it there is only the fender flair at the back there is no way 8" of bed in front of the tire on a DCSB.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:44 AM   #663
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
i 2nd that sliders are too short i wanna see some protection right there
Old 11-20-2013, 09:45 AM   #664
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ahhhhhhh gotcha.

Well now I blame Brett for not ordering it lol
To his defense it was not an option when he ordered.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #665
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

That spot. You saying it doesn't exist?
The only way to make the sliders go back that far would be to mount them really low on the frame or use smaller tube. The 2nd Gen fenders hang down low so the Hybrid sliders would not clear unless they were a smaller tube. Now if you want to trim your fenders I can build them from wheel to wheel.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #666
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbui23 View Post
I'll build you a set from wheel to wheel if you want but they would have to hang low or you would be cutting body panels to fit them.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #668
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetlander View Post
JLee, is there a coupon code I can use to order a set of sliders? Looking to maximize on your Thanksgiving sale!
No just add it to the cart and the discount it applied.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #669
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
I'll build you a set from wheel to wheel if you want but they would have to hang low or you would be cutting body panels to fit them.
hmmm i might have to take you up on that in the future but im not sure about wheel to wheel. i was thinking halfway through both flares and i plan on mounting them a little lower to also use them as steps for the lady and kiddo. would you also be able to make them stick out a bit further as well?
Old 11-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #670
Running For Mayor of TW

Quote:
I wanna see this. Do it rich.
you forget my issue $$ but honestly i kinda wanna see it so @JLee you might get an order for wheel to wheel in mid jan..
Old 11-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #671
Running For Mayor of TW

Quote:
I so hope youre serious right now
something wrong with my idea?
Old 11-20-2013, 10:07 AM   #674
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just ordered the sliders, but not knowing what the shipping is going to be is "No Bueno!" I thought it would show-up before the transaction was completed, but it just processed the order without shipping costs. I sure hope it's not crazy!!!
The site can't calculate slider shipping so a invoice is sent when the sliders are built.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #675
Running For Mayor of TW

Quote:
$238.oo for a set of sliders is KILLER! Just hope the shipping isn't as much as the sliders were.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #676
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMKYTXN View Post

those are going to be fun holes to drill.......

Quote:
looks like the only thing saving you from a disaster is that trailer
it was a nicely ballanced accident. with one hand on the the rear of the truck, you could easily pivot the truck back and forth. all of the weight was concentrated on the middle of the slider, with only one tire having any real pressure on it.

Quote:
exactly. i've had rocks and other things hold me up in the front and back because they got stuck in that gap.

couple inches longer slider would have prevented an entire tree from making it's way all of the way between the frame and tire......

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
The only way to make the sliders go back that far would be to mount them really low on the frame or use smaller tube. The 2nd Gen fenders hang down low so the Hybrid sliders would not clear unless they were a smaller tube. Now if you want to trim your fenders I can build them from wheel to wheel.
my assumption would be that if you are weldeing on sliders, you have the ability to trim a fender as well. another effective way to do it would be to keep the sliders at their normal height and tube size, and at the ends, have the last 3-4 inchesbend down at a 20ish degree angle. that clears the fenders, front and rear, and puts the end close enough to the tire, that even though it's angled down, odds of it catching on something are very low.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #678
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pretty much....
Old 11-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #679
Running For Mayor of TW

did you reposition your sliders? or did i just not take that close of a look at them last weekend lol
Old 11-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #680

Quote:
did you reposition your sliders? or did i just not take that close of a look at them last weekend lol
weld-ons, so they are in the same spot still. but since this and the drop off pictures though, the flares have come off, 2'' has beeen taken off of the fenders/bedsides, and i've gotten bigger tires. so it does look a little different now, even though the sliders have stayed put

Products Discussed in this Thread