Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

5th Annual South Padre Island Meet 07/26/2014

Old 01-23-2014, 02:42 PM   #1
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
5th Annual South Padre Island Meet 07/26/2014

Hello!!!!

Guess what time of year it is. Well it's not July just yet but it's practically right around the corner.

This year it will land on the 26th of July, and it's on a SATURDAY! :O

Request the day off if you think you might work that day.

For those of you in the SA area, we will ride out that same morning, preferably no later than 5:30 am from here:

714 W Loop 1604 N
San Antonio, TX 78251

From there we'll drive down to the Corpus area and meet with the guys and or gals from there in an area:

TBD

From there We'll ride down and Stop in Harlingen to refuel, and meet up with more people in that area if they haven't already headed to SPI. From there we'll head out to Port Isabel and get everybody together in the Walmart parking lot and wait for about 30-45 minutes for any stragglers and buy stuff for grillin'and beers and chips and what not...

So

5:30 Leave SA -5:45 am the latest -

7:30-7:45 Leave Corpus area after meeting up with the tacomaworldlings from there. :P Meeting at the Walmart at this address :

3829 U.S. 77
Corpus Christi, TX 78410

9:30-9:45 Arrive in Harlingen, maybe refuel there. Meet more tacomaworldlings there. Meet at the Harlingen Walmart, near the gas pumps

10:30-10: 45 Arrive/ meet everybody in Port Isabel walmart parking lot, buy any last minute things…

11:15 leave together for SPI then regroup outside of Access 5 before going in.

With 2-3 stops between SA nd SPI that timing sounds about right...

And once again here's what it was like the last four years...

1st year:

2nd year:

3rd Year:

Click for full-size image (1024 x 768)
d
Pulling into the beach!!!

Click for full-size image (1024 x 768)

4th year:

Last year we had less trucks than the third year, may have been due to being so close to the 4th of July. So we'll have the meet towards the end of July again, and see how that works out.. That's not to say that last year was not good! SPI Fire Department came out with their trucks to help us take pictures from their raised ladders!!!

So mark the date on you calendars, tell your bosses there's no way in hell you are going to work on that Saturday, do what you must, but make it to this year's SPI meet, it is an experience you will not forget!!! Good people, good times!!!

Also, if you plan to bring anything let us know, so we can put it next to your name. canopy, grill, fire wood, etc...

Going:
me
xpocad
BERTHDZ
TacoTony
VinnyMack
RDtacoma
EATABULLETcom
Taco Chino
weazel
gospurs21
tc98tacoma
NumNutz
TXprotrd
TXTRDtaco
Reymundo88
Muy Grande
Deidara7117
WillRunner05
Buzzhead8189

Maybe:
tmreyes
Large
ramonortiz55
buckdeaton
Ninjayota
Skel (big maybe)
buzzhazzard
Tacos All Around
Death Stalker
jruba
Ian.S
sk67527
thedave
takern
Old 01-23-2014, 02:47 PM   #2
erockintaco is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Communications
Name: ernie
erockintaco's Tacoma Gallery

First post!!!! Last year was my first one and it was too fun! You can count me in! The 5th annual!!! spread the word! Let's make this the biggest one yet!

Nice write up!
Old 01-23-2014, 02:51 PM   #3
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by erockintaco View Post
First post!!!! Last year was my first one and it was too fun! You can count me in! The 5th annual!!! spread the word! Let's make this the biggest one yet!

Nice write up!

I copied and pasted a few parts from last years first post.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:06 PM   #4
xpocad has a spectacular aura aboutxpocad has a spectacular aura about

Name: Bryan
xpocad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Nice write up!
Dammit! I wanted first post!!! lol Damn you Ernie!

Cout me in! I will end up camping

I think everyone should try and bring a little firewood with them for a nice bonefire at night.

Also post if you are camping or not! Wooo!

Im going to bring a

BBQ Pit (willshare)
Some Fire wood
Pitch $ in for Keg
Kayak and fishing gear (Will share my yak)
Tow strap
Shovel
Old 01-23-2014, 03:10 PM   #5
KF5TUQ
BERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud of

Name: Bert
BERTHDZ's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, I made the 2nd and 3rd meet and missed last years but I'm definetly in for this years 5th!!!

Oh yeah I no longer have my Taco...after buying my wife a new 2013 FJ last year I gave in and bought a used 2007 FJ as well. So that's what I'll be in this year...if its out of the shop and doing fine.

I was T-boned pretty bad on the 12th and I'm still in lots of pain. Got taken by ambulance to ER
Old 01-23-2014, 03:11 PM   #6
KF5TUQ
BERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud ofBERTHDZ has much to be proud of

BERTHDZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Nice write up!

Look out guys Bert and Ernie will make an appearance this year!
Old 01-23-2014, 03:11 PM   #7
TJ'sTOYCOMA
tmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: T-Rey
tmreyes1's Tacoma Gallery
The 20th is a Sunday. I may be in Colorado for this one but don't know yet
Old 01-23-2014, 03:15 PM   #8
TacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tony
TacoTony's Tacoma Gallery
Fireworks this time
Old 01-23-2014, 03:23 PM   #9
erockintaco is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Communications
Name: ernie
erockintaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BERTHDZ View Post
Look out guys Bert and Ernie will make an appearance this year!
Lol oh! oh! oh! Sounds like a party!

@Tony ,Yeah I need to grab some fireworks
Old 01-23-2014, 03:50 PM   #10
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a maybe
Old 01-23-2014, 04:30 PM   #12
Little Brown Pool Boy
Hgkilla is a jewel in the roughHgkilla is a jewel in the roughHgkilla is a jewel in the roughHgkilla is a jewel in the rough

Name: Cody
Hgkilla's Tacoma Gallery
Idk if I should come I attract random people
Old 01-23-2014, 05:20 PM   #13
VinnyMack has a spectacular aura aboutVinnyMack has a spectacular aura aboutVinnyMack has a spectacular aura about

Navy: MM3 / USS Belleau Wood & USS Essex (97'-01')
Name: Casey
VinnyMack's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely going to camp and are thinking about Friday night too. 4 in the morning start last year was a little tough. Anybody else staying Friday too?
Old 01-23-2014, 06:14 PM   #14
RDtacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Albert
RDtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
count me in!
Old 01-23-2014, 06:18 PM   #15
RDtacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Albert
RDtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgkilla View Post
haha you gotta go bro!!
maybe bong 5 beers this time!
Old 01-24-2014, 04:34 AM   #16
Quote:

You should! Random people mixed together= a good time!!!

Most of the time...

Ok sometimes...

But it's better to be an optimist! Ha
Old 01-24-2014, 12:22 PM   #17
EATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mark
EATABULLETcom's Tacoma Gallery
AAAAAHHHHHHH YEAH!! can't wait for the 5th annual SPI meet. Brian or Albert or Bert, we need to go down and see if we can find a large enough spot to do the circle of trucks. I'm pretty sure theres a spot were the dunes are gone and can see the bay from the surf side. I'm thinking that is gonna be one of the only spots to get 20 or 30 trucks in a circle, maybe in a couple half circles ( x ) or . And i don't recall anyone ever getting on the dunes what happens on the island, stays on the island
Old 01-24-2014, 12:39 PM   #18
Little Brown Pool Boy
Hgkilla is a jewel in the roughHgkilla is a jewel in the roughHgkilla is a jewel in the roughHgkilla is a jewel in the rough

Name: Cody
Hgkilla's Tacoma Gallery
Yay !!!! I'll come like always
Old 01-24-2014, 02:18 PM   #19
KF5TUQ

BERTHDZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EATABULLETcom View Post
AAAAAHHHHHHH YEAH!! can't wait for the 5th annual SPI meet. Brian or Albert or Bert, we need to go down and see if we can find a large enough spot to do the circle of trucks. I'm pretty sure theres a spot were the dunes are gone and can see the bay from the surf side. I'm thinking that is gonna be one of the only spots to get 20 or 30 trucks in a circle, maybe in a couple half circles ( x ) or . And i don't recall anyone ever getting on the dunes what happens on the island, stays on the island
yes, I saw an area like that a few weeks ago it is pretty much where highway 100 ends because people park their cars at the end of the road and walk to the surf
Old 01-24-2014, 03:11 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by EATABULLETcom View Post

Heeeeey Mark! Howzit going?

Quote:
Yay !!!! I'll come like always

And I think I'll go over to an FJ forum and post up. See if we can get more of a turn out.