1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1st Gen Spacer or Coil Lift for sale?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by sshirley, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Jan 29, 2014 at 7:01 AM
    sshirley

sshirley [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma SR5 with 400k miles
    Stuff
    Hey All,

I was curious if anybody had a donut lift or coil lift laying around for a 1st gen that I could buy off of them. I tried looking around in classifieds but could not find much and I wanted to try to find something local-ish that I could pick up.

Just looking for 2 or so inches on the front to level out the truck and be able to fit 33s

I have the 4x4 access cab 4cyl if that makes a difference.

Thanks,

2. Jan 29, 2014 at 7:08 AM
    357sig

357sig Donut king

Member:
    First Name:
    dough boy
    donut shop
    Vehicle:
    Gold digger
    Snorkie might

3. Jan 29, 2014 at 7:36 AM
    Snorkie

Snorkie JEEP LYFE

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeep
    Rubicon
    Vehicle:
    Prius
    I have some used rubbers for the front.

4. Jan 29, 2014 at 8:15 AM
    mustangstephen

mustangstephen raise hell, drink beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    by da creek
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma TRD
    Homebrew bumpers and sliders, 5100s & Eibachs up front and mutt leaf pack out back, 285s & Wheelers type B, sway bar deleted. Wife's ride: 01 4Runner 4wd sport. Stock with exception of TRD taco coils, and shift kit.
    I just took that crap off mine. I plan to take the shackle lift off the back this weekend and go back to factory shackles and rebuild my leaf pack to get more arch. Wasn't really planning on selling it but what the hell. Honestly though if you're going to lift the front of your truck you might as well get some new shocks and if you're doing that get some 5100's and either new coils or just set them on the highest lift setting. I have some used factory 4600s that I just pulled off the 4 runner that are better than I expected but I don't have a clue how many miles are on them. I also have some TRD front coils that were on the spacer lift I'll let go very reasonable. Hell, I can even help you install it on a Saturday I'm at my folks if you want.

Oh, I hate top plate spacer lifts. You have to take the lower ball joint apart to get the lower control arm to swing low enough to install everything.

This is the front lift kit I have. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/exp-plt09103/overview/make/toyota/model/tacoma/year/2002

These are the 5100s I just got:http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/Front-Bilstein-Height-adjustable-5100-shocks_p_146.html

Edit:
    used rubbers... :laughing:

5. Jan 30, 2014 at 4:35 AM
    sshirley

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    Stuff
    Haha used rubbers.

I really appreciate that! Yea after doing a little more research I think I want to stay away from the donut lift and go with a shock, I just put new shocks on 5k miles ago but I cheaped out and went pro comp.. Terrible choice.

Between the TRD coils and 4600s what do you think the lift will be? And they will probably have a better ride than my pro crap shocks.

I honestly am just wanting to level out the truck and then fit 265/76/16 on.

6. Jan 30, 2014 at 5:52 AM
    357sig

357sig Donut king

Member:
    First Name:
    dough boy
    donut shop
    Vehicle:
    Gold digger
    Anything is better than pro comp

7. Jan 30, 2014 at 6:22 AM
    mustangstephen

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    by da creek
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma TRD
    Homebrew bumpers and sliders, 5100s & Eibachs up front and mutt leaf pack out back, 285s & Wheelers type B, sway bar deleted. Wife's ride: 01 4Runner 4wd sport. Stock with exception of TRD taco coils, and shift kit.
    Personally I'd get 5100s. I got 4600s from vatozone a few years ago. Good shock and now on the wife's 4 runner but if you're doing any lifting for ~$30 more might as well get 5100s and have some flexibility with the lift settings. (some places sell the 4600s for same price or more than Toytec sells the 5100s for) That way if you don't like it you can always move the snap ring. Then again the new pro comps do complicate things a bit. A spacer in between the coil and top plate and the TRD coils may make for the lift you're looking for in your 4cyl but I'm not sure. Maybe someone else will chime in.

As for the TRD coils and ride. For me they rode like a Cadillac. Real soft. That said they had some unwanted nose dive during braking but it may not be as bad with your 4 cylinder.

You'll like 265s or even 255/85r16s. Personally I see a little to much mud and the wider tires perform better for me. FWIW the 265s have made the speedometer perfect on my truck. 255s (or any 33 for that matter) made the speedometer show 70 mph when I was really doing 75.

If you do get new shocks and you're interested maybe we can work out a trade for the coils and labor? New shocks and the spacer lift may make it worth my time to assemble it all and put it on CL. Just want to be up front with you regarding what I'd do with them. Your call on it, doesn't bother me either way.

8. Jan 30, 2014 at 6:25 AM
    mustangstephen

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    by da creek
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma TRD
    Don't tell me that. Pro Comp turned out to be Toytec's house brand and I'm putting them on the back of the 4 runner this weekend. Then again Pro Comp can't be any worse than the cheapest vato zones I have on the back of the Taco. :eek: (Add a leaf lifting to full extension on stock shocks left me with few choices for longer shocks and a severe budget.)

9. Jan 30, 2014 at 6:40 AM
    sshirley

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    Stuff
    Yea I bought them because I was in a pinch and 3 of the previous shocks were broken at the welds... So in that term pro comp is better than nothing lol

10. Jan 30, 2014 at 6:42 AM
    sshirley

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    Stuff
    Well I think I ended up getting pro comps that were too strong, I had done 0 research and just went to 4wheel parts and asked for cheap shocks.. Terrible idea I know.

11. Jan 30, 2014 at 6:58 AM
    357sig

357sig Donut king

Member:
    First Name:
    dough boy
    donut shop
    Vehicle:
    Gold digger
    True, they are better than stock

Products Discussed in

To Top