Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

How is Carrollton , Tx like? any one?

Old 05-01-2014, 07:26 PM   #21
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't go to plano, traffic sucks.

Id look into flower mound, highland village, double oak, and lantana also. That area is really nice and expanding with all new builds.

Little elm is another nice option
Old 05-02-2014, 06:24 PM   #22
josepenajr has a spectacular aura aboutjosepenajr has a spectacular aura about
josepenajr's Tacoma Gallery
hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
Bad school. Bad school. bad school. Pretty ghetto.

I've lived here in Carrollton all my life. Don't let your kids go to any Carrollton/farmers branch schools. Hebron is a good school, its technically in the Lewisville ISD but is in Carrollton. Carrollton has lots of different standards of living. There are older parts of Carrollton are to the south, your property will be more likely to disappear, signs are in espanol, and more run down and are in the CFBISD. The northern part of Carrollton is a lot nicer with anything you need within a 10 minute drive. Lots of food, grocery stores, walmart, home depot, lowes, 2 malls within 15 min, and is a nice new area that isnt run down. If i were to buy a house in Carrollton id buy any house along Hebron Pkwy. Houses range from 90k-500k along that road. Traffic isnt bad and everything is close.
hey thanks alot
Old 05-05-2014, 07:00 PM   #24
cuda2k is on a distinguished road
cuda2k's Tacoma Gallery
The northern parts of Carrollton are nicer than some of the southern areas. Grew up just north of Frankford and Josey. Went to Lewisville schools, had plenty of friends from church that went to Carrollton schools - I'll just say I'm happy that I was north of the Carrollton/Lewisville ISD line, even though I had a longer drive to school.

The Colony is to the north, Lewisville to the north west, Plano in the other direction, tons of good suburbs to choose from. Depending on where you'll be working, there are both better and worse places to look to settle.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:25 PM   #25
thanks and i will do Achrido
Old 05-28-2014, 09:14 PM   #26
JJ04TACO will become famous soon enoughJJ04TACO will become famous soon enough
Name: Jim
JJ04TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah go north. I'm in Lake Dallas just north of Lewisville Lake. Check out Coppell, parts of Lewisville toward Flower Mound and Highland Village. In laws live in FM. LISD is a good district. If you have $ try Bartonville and Argyle. Newman Smith seemed better than Turner. But I'd still try for Hebron.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:28 PM   #27
heard hebron was good
Old 05-31-2014, 10:13 PM   #29
Kfletch is on a distinguished road
Name: Kyle
Kfletch's Tacoma Gallery
I dunno bout Carrollton but I was born and raised in Ponder, just outside of denton. And just recently moved back out to Ponder. Denton, lake Dallas and surrounding areas are all good as well.