Notices

How is Carrollton , Tx like? any one?

Old 04-25-2014, 06:41 PM   #1
josepenajr has a spectacular aura aboutjosepenajr has a spectacular aura about
josepenajr's Tacoma Gallery
How is Carrollton , Tx like? any one?

does any one live here or know about this place? thanks
Old 04-25-2014, 06:45 PM   #2
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
It's part of the DFW metroplex. Anything you want to do or shop is within 30 min or less. Typical big city as far as traffic, housing and all that.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:01 PM   #3
is it okay place to live in?
Old 04-25-2014, 07:27 PM   #4
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by josepenajr View Post
is it okay place to live in?
I think so. I dont make it to that part of the metroplex much but I am pretty sure it is like every other city here. There are good parts and bad parts.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:35 PM   #5
oh okay thanks
Old 04-25-2014, 10:16 PM   #6
Goose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud of
Goose8651's Tacoma Gallery
I would go towards the east and live in Plano, or move South to Coppell. that is my opinion. Lived in Carrollton and currently now Plano. Stay away from Irving.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:08 PM   #7
what did you not like about carollton?
Old 04-26-2014, 06:23 PM   #8
TCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TCprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I live in Denton about 15 mins up 35 we go down that way all the time great area for activity's eating ect close to Dallas and Lewisville and all around good middle grounds. Not sure about living there I never have but have lived in this area (born and raised in krum) my whole life.. Denton had cheaper property taxes and overall housing market 2 years ago when I bought my house have not looked recwntly .

In short it's a good area but the further south you go the more big city it gets starting in Denton I wouldn't leave anything unlocked
Old 04-26-2014, 06:23 PM   #9
Goose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud of
Goose8651's Tacoma Gallery
Replied via PM
Old 04-26-2014, 06:46 PM   #10
okay thank you
Old 04-26-2014, 08:05 PM   #11
beatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud of
Name: Robert
beatupford's Tacoma Gallery
Krum? I was raised out in Ponder!

Carrollton is great. It's a weird old school outskirts city that is no longer the edge of the metroplex but once was.

There are pockets of minorities. Lots of Hispanics, some Indians, and even Asians. Oddly, the south western side is the oldest and seems to be a goto place for fresh off the boats.

Down by Brookhaven, you can find houses that go all the way up to 400k...that's about a 3500-4500 sq ft house in Texas if you're coming from an outrageous place like the northeast or California.

The northern side has some amazing neighborhoods, but you can jump from the Josey Ranch area and be in an older neighborhood by crossing the wrong street. A lot of it really depends on what's important to you, but the time I lived in Carrollton was great and I'd even sell a testicle for a house north of George Bush off McCoy if the school districts had Richardson's reputation.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:07 PM   #12
is RL TURNER a bad or good school?
Old 04-26-2014, 08:19 PM   #13
beatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud of
Name: Robert
beatupford's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
From my understanding Smith performs better, but I'll see if I can find some facts.

They were "recognized" in 2010 and given the previous comments regarding diversity, I would guess keeping dropout rates low is a difficult task there so that means they are doing something right.

It's not always easy to rank schools given the immigrant populations, but here is a link to deciphering Texas system from Wikipedia.

Texas Education Agency accountability ratings system - http://bit.ly/1jUyj2x

Here's also a link to TEA published rankings.

2013 Accountability Rating System - http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/perfre...013/index.html
Old 04-26-2014, 08:28 PM   #14
TCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatupford View Post
Krum? I was raised out in Ponder!

Carrollton is great. It's a weird old school outskirts city that is no longer the edge of the metroplex but once was.

There are pockets of minorities. Lots of Hispanics, some Indians, and even Asians. Oddly, the south western side is the oldest and seems to be a goto place for fresh off the boats.

Down by Brookhaven, you can find houses that go all the way up to 400k...that's about a 3500-4500 sq ft house in Texas if you're coming from an outrageous place like the northeast or California.

The northern side has some amazing neighborhoods, but you can jump from the Josey Ranch area and be in an older neighborhood by crossing the wrong street. A lot of it really depends on what's important to you, but the time I lived in Carrollton was great and I'd even sell a testicle for a house north of George Bush off McCoy if the school districts had Richardson's reputation.
I went to school there lived out by county line past the Muslim cemetary on 380 great area
Old 04-28-2014, 05:26 PM   #15
hows the cost of living?
Old 04-28-2014, 07:05 PM   #16

Quote:
hows the cost of living?
Again I'm speaking in Denton but not to bad I paid 130k for a brand new house 4 bed 2 bath 2 car garage for a general idea
Old 04-28-2014, 10:30 PM   #17
thanks
Old 04-28-2014, 10:39 PM   #18

No problem. You moving for work? Have a set place in mind or just exploring options?
Old 04-29-2014, 05:09 AM   #19
i might move for work and i dont have set place in mind yet just exploring
Old 05-01-2014, 07:21 PM   #20
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bad school. Bad school. bad school. Pretty ghetto.

I've lived here in Carrollton all my life. Don't let your kids go to any Carrollton/farmers branch schools. Hebron is a good school, its technically in the Lewisville ISD but is in Carrollton. Carrollton has lots of different standards of living. There are older parts of Carrollton are to the south, your property will be more likely to disappear, signs are in espanol, and more run down and are in the CFBISD. The northern part of Carrollton is a lot nicer with anything you need within a 10 minute drive. Lots of food, grocery stores, walmart, home depot, lowes, 2 malls within 15 min, and is a nice new area that isnt run down. If i were to buy a house in Carrollton id buy any house along Hebron Pkwy. Houses range from 90k-500k along that road. Traffic isnt bad and everything is close.