Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Moving to Lubbock for school. WHERE TO LIVE?

Old 04-30-2014, 10:05 PM   #1
Poor College Student
User Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
User Name01's Tacoma Gallery
Moving to Lubbock for school. WHERE TO LIVE?

I will be moving to Lubbock over the summer because I am going to transfer to TexasTech. I am going to live off campus and am in search of advice as to what areas it might be nice to live. I will go in the next few weeks, hopefully, but it would be nice to have a head start on the apartment search. Thanks ya'll.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:31 PM   #2
jsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 6th Motor Transport Battalion
Name: Jeff
jsmarine's Tacoma Gallery
I went to Tech, and transferred there as well from junior college, so I was a little older, as I'm guessing you are too. Now its been ten years, so I may be a little out of date, but I lived at an apartment complex near Tech called Raiders Pass. It was great, its student housing, but not owned by Tech. Basically its privately owned but they only allow college students to live there. The aparments are also fully furnished too, and your rent covered cable and high speed internet.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:35 PM   #3
Poor College Student
User Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmarine View Post
I went to Tech, and transferred there as well from junior college, so I was a little older, as I'm guessing you are too. Now its been ten years, so I may be a little out of date, but I lived at an apartment complex near Tech called Raiders Pass. It was great, its student housing, but not owned by Tech. Basically its privately owned but they only allow college students to live there. The aparments are also fully furnished too, and your rent covered cable and high speed internet.
Looked online and it seems like a decent place to live.

Anyone else who lives/has lived in Lubbock? Really doesn't matter if area is "across town". Just want to have an idea before I go apartment hunting in a few weeks. Thanks ya'll.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:21 PM   #4
Poor College Student

Sorry for reviving the thread but I am currently in Lubbock for school orientation and am looking for guidance in search for an apartment in a decent area. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:43 PM   #5
blk2011trdsport will become famous soon enough

Name: Travis
blk2011trdsport's Tacoma Gallery
I live in Tech Terrace and love it.
There's plenty of back houses and small houses for rent. Mine's a duplex off 33rd and gary and I pay $600 a month and have a garage. pretty awesome settup