Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

PINS, June 27,28, and 29th

Old 06-10-2014, 03:20 PM   #21
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds good. I'll be cocked locked and ready to rock.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:22 PM   #22
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Nick, bring that DVD I left with you last time and we can have an off road movie night around the camp fire lol.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:24 PM   #23
If it can't be overdone it's not worth doing
SMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
Nick, bring that DVD I left with you last time and we can have an off road movie night around the camp fire lol.
LOL, are we going to sit in the cab of your truck and watch on the 7" screen?
Old 06-10-2014, 03:24 PM   #24
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bad news. When you gave me that DVD case, there was no DVD in it lol. Check your house.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:27 PM   #25
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMKYTXN View Post
LOL, are we going to sit in the cab of your truck and watch on the 7" screen?
Got a pelican case for my laptop for a reason.......or i could bring the projector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
Bad news. When you gave me that DVD case, there was no DVD in it lol. Check your house.
dafuq? I haven't seen it around my place. hope i didn't leave it in florida.....
Old 06-10-2014, 03:29 PM   #26
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Got a pelican case for my laptop for a reason.......or i could bring the projector

dafuq? I haven't seen it around my place. hope i didn't leave it in florida.....
Yea man. I'll bring the case though lol
Old 06-10-2014, 03:37 PM   #27
SMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
Nick, since you live down that way, where should we meet up before hitting the park?

There is a shell station on the right just after you get onto the island that looks like it would work. We can plan to roll out of the Shell at 11:00AM Friday morning.

Texas Star Store

14005 S Padre Island Dr
Corpus Christi, TX 78418
Old 06-10-2014, 06:11 PM   #28
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nick, since you live down that way, where should we meet up before hitting the park?

There is a shell station on the right just after you get onto the island that looks like it would work. We can plan to roll out of the Shell at 11:00AM Friday morning.

Texas Star Store

14005 S Padre Island Dr
Corpus Christi, TX 78418
I'd go with here:

Stripes
15302 S Padre Island Dr
Corpus Christi, TX 78418
Old 06-12-2014, 08:10 PM   #29
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
If I can take off work that Monday, I'm in. Trying to convince my Jeep buddy to join us. If not, I'm solo.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:41 PM   #30
Texas > Everthing else
phillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phill
phillstill's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to leave Friday morning to go see my step brother in corpus. I will meet up with y'all Saturday at what ever location is decided.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:21 AM   #31

SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
So here's the plan. Colin and I are going to leave Houston at 4:00 AM Saturday morning and head to Stripes.

Stripes
15302 S Padre Island Dr
Corpus Christi, TX 78418

We should arrive there at 8:00 AM, so plan on meeting us there at that time. We plan on staying Saturday and Sunday night and hitting the road early Monday morning.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:45 AM   #32

Should be a fun/interesting trip!

I was just looking at the tide tables for saturday and monday. when we make the initial trip on saturday morning, the tide will still be high, but on it's way out. on monday, it will be full blown high tide at 7:21 am.

As nathan already knows, i have a flight out of houston at 7:00pm monday night, so i need to haul butt out of camp pretty early monday morning. Just how early will depend on what the drive looks like on saturday. if it's a rough 60 miles, worst case scenario is that i have to get up super early to beat high tide, or even make the trip sunday evening and camp further up the beach, closer to the main drag. it's pictures like this that we'll have to be careful about with high tide....

here is the tide table i've been looking at.
http://tides.mobilegeographics.com/c...onth/1375.html

but enough of my worries, can't wait to get there and spend a couple days on the beach with everyone!
Old 06-23-2014, 06:54 AM   #33

SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
I'm guessing that the seaweed we saw on Bolivar will also be present on the way down to the cut. In years past there has been plenty of upper beach to run on, but who knows what it'll be like this weekend. We'll just have to play it by ear.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:01 AM   #34
Texas > Everthing else
phillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'll be at stripes waiting.

I am now heading down there Thursday after work. I'm going to kayak fish some of the neighborhood channels Thursday night. Do some wade fishing Friday morning and then hit up the bob hall pier in the evening.

I'm also bring my old smokey grill and lump charcoal. Everyone is welcome to use it.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:03 AM   #35

SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
Update:

I just called the park to inquire about the condition of the beach. There is still a good amount of dried leftover seaweed floating in the surf so the top water fishing isn't the best at the moment. A good amount of seaweed came in last Thursday as well.

Mile 55 is currently washed out like Colin's pictures show, but according to the ranger it is passable at high tide by going through the dunes.

The ranger also stated that mile 20-25 is really soft fluffy sand. He stated that people have had issues with overheating on the northbound return trip. That's due to strong winds at your back and running hard through the sand. I don't see this being an issue for us though.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:04 AM   #36

Quote:
I'm guessing that the seaweed we saw on Bolivar will also be present on the way down to the cut. In years past there has been plenty of upper beach to run on, but who knows what it'll be like this weekend. We'll just have to play it by ear.
I imagine that we'll be just fine, as our vehicles are a good bit more capable than all of thge photos of stuck vehicles on goodle. we just have to drive smart.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:04 AM   #37

SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillstill View Post
I'll be at stripes waiting.

I am now heading down there Thursday after work. I'm going to kayak fish some of the neighborhood channels Thursday night. Do some wade fishing Friday morning and then hit up the bob hall pier in the evening.

I'm also bring my old smokey grill and lump charcoal. Everyone is welcome to use it.
Good deal Phill. That'll allow me to not drag my own grill down there.

Is anyone planning on bringing shade? I can bring a popup if no one else is bringing one.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:05 AM   #38

i'll have the smittybilt shade, but that's really only good for 2-3 people in chairs.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:06 AM   #39

SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i'll have the smittybilt shade, but that's really only good for 2-3 people in chairs.
Ok, I'll bring the canopy. It's going to be hot as balls so some shade will be welcome.

See a couple posts up for the update from the ranger.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:07 AM   #40
Texas > Everthing else

I have a large tarp that I tie off to my roof rack and stake out with PVC.