Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

All out offroad lifts

Old 06-26-2014, 07:00 PM   #1
Tayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tayler
Tayler08trd's Tacoma Gallery
All out offroad lifts

Wanted to know if anyone knows much about the place allout offroad.... I was thinking about getting a lift done there they said they used rough country lifts and was going to get either 4 inch or 6 inch... Didn't know if anyone had word on the place if they are good or if rough country was even a good thought on getting. Live around Houston area!
Old 06-26-2014, 07:02 PM   #2
andlours is on a distinguished road

Name: Andy
andlours's Tacoma Gallery
From what guys have been saying on here, I'd stay away from Rough Country lifts. They are bracket lifts. Most guys on here prefer coilover lifts (usually 3" or under). I'd check into coilovers rather than a bracket lift. That's what I've got and I love it. The brands you'll find are King, Icon, Fox, Camburg, and a few others. Hope this helps a little!
Old 06-26-2014, 07:06 PM   #3
Tayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by andlours View Post
From what guys have been saying on here, I'd stay away from Rough Country lifts. They are bracket lifts. Most guys on here prefer coilover lifts (usually 3" or under). I'd check into coilovers rather than a bracket lift. That's what I've got and I love it. The brands you'll find are King, Icon, Fox, Camburg, and a few others. Hope this helps a little!
What kind did u end up getting?
Old 06-26-2014, 07:39 PM   #4
ndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: NICK
ndcmack's Tacoma Gallery
If you want Icon...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ers-n-i-b.html

I have these same coil-overs and love them. Very nice 3" lift and rides great
Old 06-26-2014, 07:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcmack View Post
If you want Icon...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ers-n-i-b.html

I have these same coil-overs and love them. Very nice 3" lift and rides great
How much was the final cost with installing or did u do it urself
Old 06-26-2014, 07:52 PM   #6
andlours is on a distinguished road

Name: Andy
andlours's Tacoma Gallery
I have King remote reservoirs all around and Dakar leaf springs in the rear. It was pretty expensive at right around $3k. Another good option is the the Old Man Emu kit. Those run around a grand and they're still really good lifts.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:00 PM   #7

I got spend around 2000 but that's with installing
Old 06-26-2014, 08:14 PM   #8
Dank Tank
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
First you have to deciede if you want a drop bracket lift. Means you have to cut the cross member a little for the front driveshaft.

Most peeps like the 3" lift and under (no cutting) vs 4"/6" drop brackets
Old 06-27-2014, 01:30 AM   #9
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Eh, it's your choice if you want 3 or 6. Don't listen to these people about how "everyone" is doing 3 inch.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:40 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357sig View Post
Eh, it's your choice if you want 3 or 6. Don't listen to these people about how "everyone" is doing 3 inch.
What lift did u put on urs? I know it's six but what brand and did I get it done somewhere ?
Old 06-27-2014, 05:53 AM   #12
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayler08trd View Post
What lift did u put on urs? I know it's six but what brand and did I get it done somewhere ?
Procomp, 4 wheel parts did it. First and last time I let someone work on my truck. I just didn't have the time to do it myself.
Old 06-27-2014, 06:00 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357sig View Post
Procomp, 4 wheel parts did it. First and last time I let someone work on my truck. I just didn't have the time to do it myself.
Did u just not like the lift or did they do a shitty job?
Old 06-27-2014, 06:20 AM   #14

357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Did u just not like the lift or did tob?
The lift is fine, I just got the spacer lift. And later replaced it with custom springs and shocks. Thier quote was for 2 days. They kept my truck for a week, trying to scam me into buying parts that I didn't need or want them to put on. Even tried to get me to buy a sway bar i took off myself lol. They get oem toyota parts from the dealer. But they also tax you for them as well. I got my own parts and dropped it off for them.

The sales men are about the same as the guys at auto zone. they have no mechanic, or off road skills.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:16 AM   #15
ndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: NICK
ndcmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How much was the final cost with installing or did u do it urself
Installed everything myself. Only paid for alignment. And CMC & TC cam tab welding.