Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Where to go off-road near DFW?

Old 01-12-2011, 08:01 PM   #21
satcom221 has much to be proud ofsatcom221 has much to be proud ofsatcom221 has much to be proud ofsatcom221 has much to be proud ofsatcom221 has much to be proud ofsatcom221 has much to be proud ofsatcom221 has much to be proud ofsatcom221 has much to be proud ofsatcom221 has much to be proud ofsatcom221 has much to be proud of
Air Force: Satellite Communications
Name: Rick
satcom221's Tacoma Gallery
360 immediately north of the train bridge on the west side, south bound side of 360. Break in guard rail. *Land was willed by an avid off road enthusiast to city under the provisions that it can not be developed and to be used for off road vehicles of all types. *I have never seen the access blocked in the last three years I have known about it.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=75051&...186.26,,0,3.59
Old 01-13-2011, 01:59 PM   #22
cohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cullen
cohrmundt's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cohrmundt
i am pretty sure the 360 trails meet up with the mosier valley side. here are some pics i took off of euless main street and 157 of mosier valley.

here is an entrance off of euless main st.:

here are a couple pics looking down on some of the trails:

and here is another entrance off of 157(industrial):

that is as good of pics i can get off of my cell phone. it is still all open from what i have found
Old 01-13-2011, 02:55 PM   #23
cohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

[quote=satcom221;2596741]360 immediately north of the train bridge on the west side, south bound side of 360. Break in guard rail. *Land was willed by an avid off road enthusiast to city under the provisions that it can not be developed and to be used for off road vehicles of all types. *I have never seen the access blocked in the last three years I have known about it.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=75051&....59[/quote]

the trails were made back in 1968 for motorcross, its the oldest track still around. you can youtube old videos of races in the 60s 70s 80s. i hope it will never be developed on because those trails are awesome. especially if you have 4 wheelers or dirt bikes
Old 01-14-2011, 12:12 PM   #24
SmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
SmoothFox's Tacoma Gallery
I was at the place dallas05taco was on 12-22-2010. It was pretty much dry as a bone. I was alone and still afraid of getting stuck as well. Plus the truck has like 12K miles on it and I do not want to fuck it up. I need baby trails. Call me a puss all you want! Here are some pics.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:44 AM   #25
No Road. No Problem.
03TRDtacotrucker will become famous soon enough03TRDtacotrucker will become famous soon enough

Name: Alex
03TRDtacotrucker's Tacoma Gallery
ive been going to the mosher valley trails for over 7 years now used to go in highschool with my f-150....love the place but have been having so many problems always having access to it cause they are always blocking off entrances and what not so have not been out there for probably almost a year and am having withdraws.....here is my ttora page have a bunch of pics on my profile of the different trails. but if anyone knows of a good entrance and ever wants to go out let me know im off every weekend. if the link doesnt work name is TRD_taco_trucker probably find a couple posts and check my profile that way.

^ is actually under the 360 hwy
PS. these are old pics from about 2-3 years ago so have had some upgrades since then...well lots of upgrades
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/member.php?u=20528
Old 03-02-2011, 07:56 AM   #26
BBJ285 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Volunteer
BBJ285's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by satcom221 View Post
360 immediately north of the train bridge on the west side, south bound side of 360. Break in guard rail. *Land was willed by an avid off road enthusiast to city under the provisions that it can not be developed and to be used for off road vehicles of all types. *I have never seen the access blocked in the last three years I have known about it.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=75051&...186.26,,0,3.59

I'd like to check this out.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:57 AM   #27
BBJ285 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Volunteer
BBJ285's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fj4xlife View Post
Hey guys I'm new to off roading and recently I bought an fj and was looking for a decent (beginner) trail around dfw. Well I've found it!! http://www.cityofbridgeport.net/index.aspx?nid=322
# 940-683-3480
It's about an hour north fort worth. I'm thinking about trying it out this Sunday! Email me if anyone wanna join.

anyone been out there? how would it be for a stock pre-runner?
Old 03-05-2011, 12:44 PM   #28

i spent tha day yesterday out at tha mosier valley trails. the construction crew filled in just about every mud hole there was, i guess they may start building there or something. i didnt go to the 360 trails side, but im sure that was still untouched... there are some big ass bass in some of those ponds out there, so if anyone wants to ever go fishin, hit me up
Old 03-06-2011, 02:35 AM   #29
Boxy Brown is on a distinguished road

Name: David
Boxy Brown's Tacoma Gallery
I am down to go fishing, but I dont know if my 2WD will get me around out there.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:47 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxy Brown View Post
I am down to go fishing, but I dont know if my 2WD will get me around out there.
there is no mud out there at all right now, i dont have 4x4 right now because my actuator went out. you can drive a car out there with no worries, as long as you stay towards mosier valley. 360 trails may be a different story though since i didnt check that out
Old 03-08-2011, 01:22 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03TRDtacotrucker View Post
as soon as i get my truck out of the shop for the front diff problems/ 4.88 swap we need to get a mosier meet up together and find out were we can still go and were we cant....
sounds good to me! and if it doesnt rain too much, all of us can drive out there, 4x4 or not, with no problems
Old 03-09-2011, 01:01 AM   #33

Worst case scenario some one bring a tow strap. I am down to get the truck dirty.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:19 AM   #34
No Road. No Problem.
03TRDtacotrucker will become famous soon enough03TRDtacotrucker will become famous soon enough

Name: Alex
03TRDtacotrucker's Tacoma Gallery
hell I got an 8k winch, chains, and a tow strap if anyone gets stuck. Hoping that the parts will be in by the end of the weekend and my truck done by next week sometime... so shooting for spring break weekend hopefully. ill throw an update on the repairs when everything comes in....cant wait to get it back and on the trails ready to try out the 4.88's .... Hey Cullen you going to get your actuator fixed?...should try seeing if anyone has one for sale on TTORA, just bought front diff spider gears from a member that worked out great and saved me a lot of money.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:07 AM   #35
SmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SmoothFox's Tacoma Gallery
Not big on fishing, but I'll go play in the dirt. Stock TRD Off-Road 4x4.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:54 AM   #36

Hell you may like my kind of fishing. It's BYOB though.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:49 AM   #37
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldnt mind going out there sometime. Id drive up to Dallas when i get back in May
Old 03-14-2011, 10:40 AM   #39
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
If im out there i have a 12.5k winch and a couple tow straps, mud is always a good time