Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Where to go off-road near DFW?

Old 03-15-2011, 08:24 PM   #41
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
i know a pretty good spot right at pres george bush turnpike (190) and cambell rd. mostly every weekend they have people out there at night chillen by a bonfire or wheelin.

this is in the richardson area btw

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=32.973...11,146.09,,0,5
Old 03-17-2011, 12:36 PM   #42
cohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cullen
cohrmundt's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cohrmundt
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03TRDtacotrucker View Post
hell I got an 8k winch, chains, and a tow strap if anyone gets stuck. Hoping that the parts will be in by the end of the weekend and my truck done by next week sometime... so shooting for spring break weekend hopefully. ill throw an update on the repairs when everything comes in....cant wait to get it back and on the trails ready to try out the 4.88's .... Hey Cullen you going to get your actuator fixed?...should try seeing if anyone has one for sale on TTORA, just bought front diff spider gears from a member that worked out great and saved me a lot of money.
i was just goina replace the actuator myself. my friends mom works at toyota dallas so she gets 40% off which will knock tha price down from $390 to $258 which helps out. im really low on funds right now though because im puttin my money towards relentless fab rear bumper, sliders, and then king shocks are goin on soon as well.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:16 AM   #43
No Road. No Problem.
03TRDtacotrucker will become famous soon enough03TRDtacotrucker will become famous soon enough

Name: Alex
03TRDtacotrucker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohrmundt View Post
i was just goina replace the actuator myself. my friends mom works at toyota dallas so she gets 40% off which will knock tha price down from $390 to $258 which helps out. im really low on funds right now though because im puttin my money towards relentless fab rear bumper, sliders, and then king shocks are goin on soon as well.
man 40% discount could of used that for my front diff with a quoted price of 1750.00 they gave me.....ya looking at doing a coilover swap for the fronts soon but not sure if I want those or that tiregate.....could work a ton more overtime and get both but just spent the last month working 60+ hr weeks to save up enough to get my front end fixed and those gears installed, kinda burned out now..
Old 03-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #44
cohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cullen
cohrmundt's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cohrmundt
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03TRDtacotrucker View Post
man 40% discount could of used that for my front diff with a quoted price of 1750.00 they gave me.....ya looking at doing a coilover swap for the fronts soon but not sure if I want those or that tiregate.....could work a ton more overtime and get both but just spent the last month working 60+ hr weeks to save up enough to get my front end fixed and those gears installed, kinda burned out now..
damn, i couldnt handle that, too much work for me! my tax refund needs to hurry up and get here so i can get my kings!!
Old 03-18-2011, 04:37 PM   #45
No Road. No Problem.
03TRDtacotrucker will become famous soon enough03TRDtacotrucker will become famous soon enough

Name: Alex
03TRDtacotrucker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohrmundt View Post
damn, i couldnt handle that, too much work for me! my tax refund needs to hurry up and get here so i can get my kings!!
just got my refund in today but didnt give me much, hell it went straight to the savings to pay all the gear crap off, looking forward to my june bonus their giving us for compensation for our merging companies so if I dont have the tiregate by then ill for sure buy it.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #46
ag3nthawkman is on a distinguished road
ag3nthawkman's Tacoma Gallery
Muddin In Dallas

I dont own a Toyota truck, but I wanted to see if some people wanted to go out this weekend to the 360 trails?!?. I am new to this, but I think my 01 Chevy Z71 with some off road tires on it can handle it. Hit me up (469) 644-4195, I will be out there this weekend or at least try my best to be
Old 11-28-2012, 10:34 AM   #47
jchav is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Justin
jchav's Tacoma Gallery
I want to try out some of these local trails. I'm fairly new to DFW so I've never been to any of them. I'm interested on the weekends if others are. Also I have a bone stock regular cab 4x4 so I'm not sure if I can do anything extreme yet.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:37 PM   #48
I'm 10 years old but I'll still BEAT your ass!!
TacoLovR is on a distinguished road

Name: Nat
TacoLovR's Tacoma Gallery
Bump!
I'm new to the area too. I would really like to get together with some fellow Tacoma Lovers for a meet! Anyone interested. Anywhere around the DFW area would be great!
Old 02-22-2013, 02:20 PM   #49
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoLovR View Post
Bump!
I'm new to the area too. I would really like to get together with some fellow Tacoma Lovers for a meet! Anyone interested. Anywhere around the DFW area would be great!
Check out the Texas BS thread, mostly DFW guys in there
Old 03-08-2013, 07:57 AM   #50
Got Beer?
BeerHat will become famous soon enoughBeerHat will become famous soon enough

BeerHat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bump!
Feel free to stop by; we got some nice tacomas and we wheel too

http://www.toyotatrailriders.com/for...4848#post74848
Old 03-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #51
Smurfette
baconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Becky
baconbits2_98's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bump!
Come down to Alto next weekend and you can meet up with some of us from the Houston area and do some wheeling too!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #52
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
i know a pretty good spot right at pres george bush turnpike (190) and cambell rd. mostly every weekend they have people out there at night chillen by a bonfire or wheelin.

this is in the richardson area btw

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=32.973...11,146.09,,0,5
I checked the liink.....looks like a cool spot. Is it public or am I gonna get arrested if I go out there?
Old 06-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #53
coxanadu is on a distinguished road
coxanadu's Tacoma Gallery
Filmmaker Need to film truck go on off-Roading/Mudding

Hi There,
I am looking for anyone with big truck go off-roading/mudding in Dallas for a short video i made ASAP. Please let me know if you interested. Call me at 617 921 6144. Thank YOU
Old 06-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #54
coxanadu is on a distinguished road
coxanadu's Tacoma Gallery
Hi There,
I am looking for anyone with big truck go off-roading/mudding in Dallas for a short video i made ASAP. Please let me know if you interested. Call me at 617 921 6144. Thank YOU
Old 08-14-2013, 08:00 AM   #55
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
no ones posted here in awhile does anyone still go? i just tried the 360 trail last weekend (barely) with the exit being the one right before trinity. got a taste and wanna go back if anyone wants to go! kinda nervous going by myself seeing as how i have a 2WD preprunner lol
Old 08-14-2013, 08:28 AM   #56
MatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
MatthewMay1's Tacoma Gallery
I frequent the trails off George Bush and Campbell all the time with my jeep buddies. Every time I go there are always other people there with dirt bikes or trucks and Jeeps.

Pictures:

http://youtu.be/kL5-CmrwM70
Old 08-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #57
MatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

There are also some trails at the Firewheel Parkway exit from George Bush Turnpike, just a couple miles from the Campbell spot.

photo:
Old 08-15-2013, 01:04 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbui23 View Post
no ones posted here in awhile does anyone still go? i just tried the 360 trail last weekend (barely) with the exit being the one right before trinity. got a taste and wanna go back if anyone wants to go! kinda nervous going by myself seeing as how i have a 2WD preprunner lol
How did you get there? I've looked at Google Earth and it looks like a lot of the entrances have been gated off.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #59
Tactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Tactical Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewMay1 View Post
I frequent the trails off George Bush and Campbell all the time with my jeep buddies. Every time I go there are always other people there with dirt bikes or trucks and Jeeps.

Pictures:

http://youtu.be/kL5-CmrwM70
Oh shit. I'm definitely gonna go soon.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:20 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Tacoma View Post
Oh shit. I'm definitely gonna go soon.
You should! It's very easy to get in.