Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Where to go off-road near DFW?

Old 12-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #161
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohrmundt View Post
Ok well I am about to go to work anyways maybe we can do it tomorrow if you are available, I get off of work at 4
i'll be home around the same time tomorrow
Old 01-22-2014, 12:42 PM   #163
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Money says it's stolen.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:17 PM   #164
MatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
MatthewMay1's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know... I've seen them in that vehicle a number of times. I was thinking they got it stuck or broke and had to leave it there. I just don't see how you could hold onto a stolen vehicle for months without being caught.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:04 PM   #165
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewMay1 View Post
I don't know... I've seen them in that vehicle a number of times. I was thinking they got it stuck or broke and had to leave it there. I just don't see how you could hold onto a stolen vehicle for months without being caught.
You would be surprised. Either that or they flopped it and left it and people stripped it.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:38 PM   #167
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Who was offroading an Equinox?
Old 01-22-2014, 02:40 PM   #168
MatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

They told me they picked it up so that they could still make it down to the place, since it has awd. They said they used to come down all the time until their Broncho broke down.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:43 PM   #169
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They told me they picked it up so that they could still make it down to the place, since it has awd. They said they used to come down all the time until their Broncho broke down.
Sounds sketchy
Old 01-22-2014, 02:48 PM   #170

Probably, but like I said I didn't know them personally. Didn't even get their names or anything. And there are so many people who go to that place, im not surprised at all by the damage. This past time I was there I saw a Broncho, 2 Rams, 2 F-150's, a Raptor, Hummer H2, 4 dirt bikes, and one of those Polaris Rzr things.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:17 AM   #171
Fox2011PM is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Fox2011PM's Tacoma Gallery
Matt, hey I'm near White Rock Lake, where is the best place to enter into that area at Campbell and George Bush. Looks like a great place to take the dogs and do some exploring. Is it a pretty good size area?
Old 02-09-2014, 03:15 PM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox2011PM View Post
Matt, hey I'm near White Rock Lake, where is the best place to enter into that area at Campbell and George Bush. Looks like a great place to take the dogs and do some exploring. Is it a pretty good size area?
It's a pretty good size of land. I get in right off the GB service road just south-east (I think) of the GB/Campbell intersection. If you look it up on Google Earth you should clearly see the area, then zoom in at the intersection and work your way down the road East and you should see it. There is an enterence about 30 yards from the intersection and another a bit further down the road.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:09 AM   #173
Fox2011PM is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Fox2011PM's Tacoma Gallery
Looked it up, found exactly where you are talking about to pull in. Thanks Matt, when the weather warms up I'm gonna check it out
Old 02-10-2014, 11:21 AM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox2011PM View Post
Looked it up, found exactly where you are talking about to pull in. Thanks Matt, when the weather warms up I'm gonna check it out
Just don't get in trouble!
Old 02-16-2014, 01:26 PM   #175
NotMattWong is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
NotMattWong's Tacoma Gallery
I've been out to George Bush and Campbell once and got stuck. Plan to go out there a few more times to explore.

I'm located in Frisco and has anyone seen a field around Exchange and 121 or Custer and 121?

(BTW i don't drive a tacoma but this is probably one of the more active websites i've seen)
Old 02-16-2014, 01:27 PM   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotMattWong View Post
I've been out to George Bush and Campbell once and got stuck. Plan to go out there a few more times to explore.

I'm located in Frisco and has anyone seen a field around Exchange and 121 or Custer and 121?

(BTW i don't drive a tacoma but this is probably one of the more active websites i've seen)
What do you drive?
Old 02-17-2014, 11:28 AM   #177
Quote:
What do you drive?
FJ Cruiser, pretty much an suv version of the Tacoma lol.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:39 AM   #178

Quote:
FJ Cruiser, pretty much an suv version of the Tacoma lol.
Ehhh that's more like a 4Runner. Lol. What color? Ive seen a yellow one there before
Old 02-18-2014, 10:09 AM   #179
Quote:
Ehhh that's more like a 4Runner. Lol. What color? Ive seen a yellow one there before
Mine is white. I checked out this field off exchange and 121 and its decent. Maybe a few acres of land. There were pretty deep tire tracks and ruts I didn't dare to drive into.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:12 AM   #180

Quote:
Mine is white. I checked out this field off exchange and 121 and its decent. Maybe a few acres of land. There were pretty deep tire tracks and ruts I didn't dare to drive into.
Have you been out to the firewheel area? About 5 minutes away from the Campbell spot. There are some fun trails there. Here's a pic I took while exploring a couple weeks ago