Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Where to go off-road near DFW?

Old 05-23-2009, 08:16 PM   #1
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
Where to go off-road near DFW?

Anyone around the Dallas area know of a place to do a little off roading? I'd prefer some mud action over rocks, but anything off the paved road would be cool. I don't know anyone down here with any land.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:21 PM   #3
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Where abouts on 360? Near the airport or farther south?
Old 05-27-2009, 07:46 PM   #4
meow.
dallas05taco has much to be proud ofdallas05taco has much to be proud ofdallas05taco has much to be proud ofdallas05taco has much to be proud ofdallas05taco has much to be proud ofdallas05taco has much to be proud ofdallas05taco has much to be proud ofdallas05taco has much to be proud ofdallas05taco has much to be proud of

Marines: Corporal, 2nd BN 14th MAR
dallas05taco's Tacoma Gallery
take 360 exit off of W N Carrier Pkwy, go east. Turn left on N Great SW pkwy. Drive til the road is no more and get onto the field to the right. There's plenty of trails out there.

here's me about 2 months ago there

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=f64d61fa.flv
Old 05-27-2009, 08:01 PM   #6
meow.
dallas05taco has much to be proud ofdallas05taco has much to be proud ofdallas05taco has much to be proud ofdallas05taco has much to be proud ofdallas05taco has much to be proud ofdallas05taco has much to be proud ofdallas05taco has much to be proud ofdallas05taco has much to be proud ofdallas05taco has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
Video looked like you were floating with the current. Is that all public land? That was a slippery slope. What gear were you in? 4Hi and 3rd. I have been practicing compressions braking to decend and find it provides great control.
it was slippery due to a week's worth of rain. i think i was in 4lo and 3rd. running about 30psi in the tires forgot to air it down. i wouldve hook better if they were about 15-20psi or better yet if i had M/T tires.

i seriously need new brakes. mine have about 40k miles on them.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:48 PM   #7
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone else notice the burned out shell of a vehicle on the shore line there? ROFL!

This place looks like fun! I'm in Colleyville and I might just have to check it out. Had it rained a ton when these pictures were taken or is the water naturally that high?
Old 06-18-2009, 12:56 PM   #8
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I fount that place on Google maps. There is actually two rigs crossing the river exactly where you were on the satellite image. Is it private property or is it fine just to go out there and romp around? I honestly have no idea about the legality of the area.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:01 PM   #9
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
I'd be willing to meet some of you guys out there. This weekend perhaps?
Old 06-21-2009, 12:14 PM   #10
meow.

i honestly dont know about the legality of this place but it has been used by many ppl for years now.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:43 PM   #11
Sounds Gooooood

I've done some digging on the 360 area and it seems like the land is private but no one really cares. Cops come out there some times but really just to look for drugs and stolen cars.

Either way, I don't want to get caught up in that mess. Where are some other places?
Old 06-26-2009, 11:47 AM   #12
meow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
I've done some digging on the 360 area and it seems like the land is private but no one really cares. Cops come out there some times but really just to look for drugs and stolen cars.

Either way, I don't want to get caught up in that mess. Where are some other places?
i think they are still building bridgesport offroad park in ft. worth

there are some offroad parks down south and an awesome one to the east. Most are about 2 hrs drive from dallas.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:28 PM   #13
Sounds Gooooood

I went out to the area by 360 and 183 like dallasTaco suggested.

My girlfriend and I went out on some mountain bikes early in the day to check it out. There was a big dump truck driving around in there but he didn't care that we were riding around. There was another truck with a flatbed trailer too. Cool place, but I got some bad news. After we went home and dropped off the bikes and picked up our other two friends we went back to the spot and the dump truck had piled a metric shit ton of dirt in front of the entrance!

So I'm not one to give up easily so we drive up the street a good distance and start heading East. My buddy and I find a spot to hop the curb and drive over some tall grass and we get in just fine. We drive back to the spot where that truck with the trailer was and there were two guys with a decent looking rig. They told us that they were out there for like two hours, got back to the truck/trailer to find big orange stickers on the windows about towing their car if it wasn't moved blah blah.

They guys told me they'd been coming out there for like 5 years and never had any trouble before so they were really surprised. After that we parted ways and we went out on the trails for some fun. I crossed the river in my stock 4x4 and did just fine. There wasn't anything I couldn't make it up. There was some tight turns here and there that I was afraid to go lock to lock so I just did a 3 point turn. I ended up going out a different way than we came in though. We exited on high river rd. that was on the other side of the river. We climbed this ridiculous hill/ravine to get to the top and get out.

It was a great time and I hope they don't close it but I'm afraid it's too late. They've already started moving earth so I'd imagine they already know what they're going to do with it.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:56 AM   #14
Fj4xlife is on a distinguished road
Fj4xlife's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys I'm new to off roading and recently I bought an fj and was looking for a decent (beginner) trail around dfw. Well I've found it!! http://www.cityofbridgeport.net/index.aspx?nid=322
# 940-683-3480
It's about an hour north fort worth. I'm thinking about trying it out this Sunday! Email me if anyone wanna join.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:12 PM   #15
cohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cullen
cohrmundt's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cohrmundt
ive been goin out to tha 360 trails for about 7 years now, lots of trails out there. just dont ever leave your truck out there because there are lots of vandals that will burn your truck for fun. thats why you see alot of random vehicle shells out there, that and stolen cars are dumped there... but there are many entrances to those trails
Old 01-12-2011, 05:49 AM   #16
Sounds Gooooood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fj4xlife View Post
Hey guys I'm new to off roading and recently I bought an fj and was looking for a decent (beginner) trail around dfw. Well I've found it!! http://www.cityofbridgeport.net/index.aspx?nid=322
# 940-683-3480
It's about an hour north fort worth. I'm thinking about trying it out this Sunday! Email me if anyone wanna join.
I've been out there a few times. We actually had a meet out there in the fall that was documented pretty well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohrmundt View Post
ive been goin out to tha 360 trails for about 7 years now, lots of trails out there. just dont ever leave your truck out there because there are lots of vandals that will burn your truck for fun. thats why you see alot of random vehicle shells out there, that and stolen cars are dumped there... but there are many entrances to those trails
Been out there lately? The main entrance is closed as far as I know. The first and only time i went out there they were starting to develop that land. And that was August of 2009.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:37 AM   #17
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Been out there lately? The main entrance is closed as far as I know. The first and only time i went out there they were starting to develop that land. And that was August of 2009.
Decided to look up the property...

Property Location: N Great Southwest Pkwy, Grand Prairie
Owner Information: Sun River Properties Inc Etal
13600 Heritage Pkwy Ste 200
Fort Worth Tx 76177-4320

Deed Date: 04/07/2009
State Code: D4 Undeveloped

So these guys just bought the property a few mos. before you went out there. It shows to still be undeveloped. I saw in a mapquest and google map aerial shot there's some drainage culverts to be installed around there.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:45 AM   #18
Fj4xlife is on a distinguished road
Fj4xlife's Tacoma Gallery
Bridgeport:

Yea i called them yesterday and they said call back thurs they'll know for sure if open or not. But I'm afraid it might rain this weaken. I want to check it out bc its only an hour away from arlington. This is their business #940-683-3480.

I'm cool with next Sunday if thweather is nice enough.

Thx
Vin
Old 01-12-2011, 12:54 PM   #19
cohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cullen
cohrmundt's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cohrmundt
Quote:
you can go out to tha mosier valley trails as well. those are off of 157(industrial) down tha street from legacy park. i know tha last time i was out there it seemed as if they were going to start building there as well. i will ask my buddy where he goes, cause his tacoma is always covered in mud, but i believe he still hits up 360 trails...
Old 01-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #20
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=dallas05taco;638565]take 360 exit off of W N Carrier Pkwy, go east. Turn left on N Great SW pkwy. Drive til the road is no more and get onto the field to the right. There's plenty of trails out there.

here's me about 2 months ago there

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...flv[/quote]
better have that rear diff breather mod lol