Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Texas Meet, September 26-27th, College Station

View Poll Results: Which weekends work for you in September?
5-6 3 20.00%
12-13 5 33.33%
26-27 13 86.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2009, 10:54 AM   #1
Rocking your mom's world Since 1997
drew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Texas Meet, September 26-27th, College Station

September 26-27 at Brazos Valley Off-Road Ranch

Okay, taking a suggestion from TexasIslandBoy we're doing a meet in College Station at Brazos Valley Off-Road Ranch on the weekend of September 26-27. Hopefully by then this heat wave from hell will have long passed. This place looks pretty cool, and it is almost the exact same distance from the 4 big cities (Houston, Dallas/Ft Worth, San Antonio, Austin). [map]

We can start arriving at the park on Friday night and stay till Sunday evening. Come and go as you need.

$10 entry fee + $5 per night camping.
Free Entry for anyone with active military I.D. or an active American Legion card.

Official List
1) Drew02a - Bacon, Eggs, Tortillas, Hotdogs, Ketchup & Mustard, Chips, Lots of Lonestar Beer, any loose ends - arriving 8p on Friday
2) Neontrail -
Sandwiches, Gatorade, Tortilla chips, Salsa & Water
3) Spraintz - I have an extra propane grill, chips, maybe some chicken to grill.....even more Lonestar beer
4) Thekidcatcher - Grill, big cooler with wheels full of ice and drinks. Hopefully and easy up too. - 11a Saturday?
5) texasislandboy - chips beer cokes water - 11a Saturday
6) silverback07 - Impulse buys to include Beer, Bacon and some sort of other meat - 9a Saturday
7) TaCoLoCo - Soda, Water, gatorade, hot dogs, buns, chips, cooler and whatever else I can think of.
8) bambooshoots - even more soda and chips along with some disposable plates/forks/etc
9) Muy Grande - Fajitas
10) Ghost96Romeo -I'm bringing something.....
11) 07tacoark - Deer meat, bacon, jalepeno, toothpicks, worchestershire sauce & tony's (for deer balls), beer, coke, water...
12) redraider - something, better late than never
13) 007Tacoma - Camera and TW Stickers - getting there with everyone else
14) SamSter0077 - - sometime Saturday
15) Untamed_SS - Couple of Tents. Big Air Matress. Waters. Choice drinks for night time. More stuff. - Arriving at an awkward time.
16) Yotarob2005 - - Saturday
17) Sockmonkey - possibly some vinyl items - Saturday maybe around 11AM (plus a buddy of mine)
18) taco4x4rar - some food and some beer, depends on how many pennies I can scrape together. - Friday night (late) or early Saturday morning.
19) AlexForbesR6 - food, beer, and some tools! - late fri/early sat
20) Anathollo - food, drinks, and a lot of tools! - Late friday or early sat morning

Misc details:
- This place is close enough to town that we can go grab more grub/ other essentials if we need them.
- Even if there is a burn ban we can still use BBQ pits.
- If it rains like hell, the trails will be closed, but we can still camp there.
- If you visited the site and are thinking you'll be mapping the trail system for the $500 reward think again. Steve says it's not possible to drive ALL the trails in one weekend and I tend to believe him.

-
Old 07-14-2009, 11:25 AM   #2
ridin dirty
07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Red
07tacoark's Tacoma Gallery
are there gonna be any fees for the park?

i plan on makin the next TX meet dammit! by sept ill have new tires... mark my words!
Old 07-14-2009, 11:27 AM   #3
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07tacoark View Post

i plan on makin the next TX meet dammit! by sept ill have new tires... mark my words!
Old 07-14-2009, 11:29 AM   #4
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07tacoark View Post

Daily Gate Fee: $10.00 per person. Accompanied minors are free provided a minor waiver form is signed.

Primitive camping on the BVORR property is available for a fee of $5.00 per night per person AND needs to be perarranged with BVORR managment.

The entire park can be rented for exclusive use by a club or group for $200.00 per 24 hr period. For the $200.00, a group gets exclusive use of the club house and trail system. In addition, the group or club may have an unlimited number of members enter the park. There is also a $100 deposit due before or at the time of groups arrival that will be refunded upon departure provided the facilities are left like they were found.

All who enter the park will be required to sign the sign in sheet or fill out a minor waiver form.

Clubs or groups will need to have a group leader who assumes responsibility for the group and to whom is given the gate key.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:30 AM   #5
drew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Entry fee of $10 and camping charge of $5 per night per person

For $200 we can rent the whole park for exclusive use for 24hrs, so if we get about 7 people to commit it might be worth doing that.

I guess that is good information to include. I'll update the original post too.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:33 AM   #6
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew02a View Post
Entry fee of $10 and camping charge of $5 per night per person

For $200 we can rent the whole park for exclusive use for 24hrs, so if we get about 7 people to commit it might be worth doing that.

I guess that is good information to include. I'll update the original post too.
u are slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
Looks like it depends on how many people show up. The web site says $10 per person, $5 for camping... but it also says we can rent the whole place for $200.

Looks like it might have some water even!

Some pics, not mine.
http://crupper.net/brazos_valley_offroad_ranch_12.htm
http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/h...ffroad%202009/
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=3430352
Slow too LOL
Old 07-14-2009, 11:37 AM   #7
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
yep i like it im open that whole month so when ever is cool with me and its not to far out of town i think gas/food/beer is all with in 1 or 2 miles and yea its hot here in college station breaking over a 100 eazy so lets hope its coolin down by then
Old 07-14-2009, 12:16 PM   #8
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

haha yea will see if not my apt. has one of the best pools in college station and we would have to do some girl watchin and cool down that way
Old 07-14-2009, 01:23 PM   #10
THE RED DRAGON!!

haha yea time for new bfg km2
Old 07-14-2009, 01:32 PM   #11
40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice

40204ever's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to 40204ever
That is in my backyard. I will plan to come hang out If there is no hurricane.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:41 PM   #12
THE RED DRAGON!!

mine as well its a great place to live
Old 07-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #13

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40204ever View Post
That is in my backyard. I will plan to come hang out If there is no hurricane.
Indeed

Could make some good mud though
Old 07-14-2009, 01:59 PM   #14
40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice

40204ever's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to 40204ever
We could make it a hurricane party. If there is one.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:42 AM   #15

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
I talked some more with the owner and he said that if we rent for 24hr we can do noon to noon or something similar. He also said that we can stay in the park after that for no additional charge, but it will be open to other entrants.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:32 PM   #17
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in for this one.

Hopefully there is some stuff for the 2 wheel guys. If all goes as planned I will be installing a limited slip when my carrier bearings get here, not that it will help much .

If not I'm sure someone would let me right shot gun.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:32 PM   #18

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC4333 View Post
I'm in for this one.

Hopefully there is some stuff for the 2 wheel guys. If all goes as planned I will be installing a limited slip when my carrier bearings get here, not that it will help much .

If not I'm sure someone would let me right shot gun.
There'll be plenty to watch.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:48 PM   #19
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
I want to get a little bit action in my self if possible. The web site says there are some 2wd suitable trails, but we'll see about that. From the looks of those videos, there is some pretty dry and off camber terrain out there.

Is your locker going to be functional by the meet? I'm interested in seeing you and Silverbacks trucks in action.

Damnit, I wish I would have bought a 4x4!!
Old 07-15-2009, 03:50 PM   #20

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC4333 View Post
I want to get a little bit action in my self if possible. The web site says there are some 2wd suitable trails, but we'll see about that. From the looks of those videos, there is some pretty dry and off camber terrain out there.

Is your locker going to be functional by the meet? I'm interested in seeing you and Silverbacks trucks in action.

Damnit, I wish I would have bought a 4x4!!
The rear is already ready to go. The front is installed, but ECGS forgot to mail the solenoid for it. Will definitely be ready by then.