September 26-27 at Brazos Valley Off-Road Ranch
Okay, taking a suggestion from TexasIslandBoy we're doing a meet in College Station at Brazos Valley Off-Road Ranch on the weekend of September 26-27. Hopefully by then this heat wave from hell will have long passed. This place looks pretty cool, and it is almost the exact same distance from the 4 big cities (Houston, Dallas/Ft Worth, San Antonio, Austin). [map]
We can start arriving at the park on Friday night and stay till Sunday evening. Come and go as you need.
$10 entry fee + $5 per night camping.
Free Entry for anyone with active military I.D. or an active American Legion card.
1) Drew02a - Bacon, Eggs, Tortillas, Hotdogs, Ketchup & Mustard, Chips, Lots of Lonestar Beer, any loose ends - arriving 8p on Friday
2) Neontrail - Sandwiches, Gatorade, Tortilla chips, Salsa & Water
3) Spraintz - I have an extra propane grill, chips, maybe some chicken to grill.....even more Lonestar beer
4) Thekidcatcher - Grill, big cooler with wheels full of ice and drinks. Hopefully and easy up too. - 11a Saturday?
5) texasislandboy - chips beer cokes water - 11a Saturday
6) silverback07 - Impulse buys to include Beer, Bacon and some sort of other meat - 9a Saturday
7) TaCoLoCo - Soda, Water, gatorade, hot dogs, buns, chips, cooler and whatever else I can think of.
8) bambooshoots - even more soda and chips along with some disposable plates/forks/etc
9) Muy Grande - Fajitas
10) Ghost96Romeo -I'm bringing something.....
11) 07tacoark - Deer meat, bacon, jalepeno, toothpicks, worchestershire sauce & tony's (for deer balls), beer, coke, water...
12) redraider - something, better late than never
13) 007Tacoma - Camera and TW Stickers - getting there with everyone else
14) SamSter0077 - - sometime Saturday
15) Untamed_SS - Couple of Tents. Big Air Matress. Waters. Choice drinks for night time. More stuff. - Arriving at an awkward time.
16) Yotarob2005 - - Saturday
17) Sockmonkey - possibly some vinyl items - Saturday maybe around 11AM (plus a buddy of mine)
18) taco4x4rar - some food and some beer, depends on how many pennies I can scrape together. - Friday night (late) or early Saturday morning.
19) AlexForbesR6 - food, beer, and some tools! - late fri/early sat
20) Anathollo - food, drinks, and a lot of tools! - Late friday or early sat morning
- This place is close enough to town that we can go grab more grub/ other essentials if we need them.
- Even if there is a burn ban we can still use BBQ pits.
- If it rains like hell, the trails will be closed, but we can still camp there.
- If you visited the site and are thinking you'll be mapping the trail system for the $500 reward think again. Steve says it's not possible to drive ALL the trails in one weekend and I tend to believe him.