Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Houston Area Mountain Bikers.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:31 AM   #1
Tex'yoda is on a distinguished road

Tex'yoda's Tacoma Gallery
Houston Area Mountain Bikers.

I was just curious to see if anyone on here living in or around the Houston area rode mountain bikes. If so, would anyone be interested in putting something together like a meet but where we hit some trails two wheel style or simply riding together sometime? Just putting a feeler out there. Let me know.

B
Old 09-30-2009, 08:41 AM   #2
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Yo man, been hittin shit round town since '92. Way out west now so home trails would be Terry Hershey Park aka Ant Hills. Was in Clear Lake so Jack Brooks in Hitchcock was home trails then. Memorial is overcrowded & lame since it was basically shut down to about 5 miles worth of main trails vs. 17 or so before then. I don't ride there much if any any more. There are trails at Lake Houston State Park that would be good for a meet that would be fun for all. IMO Jack Brooks & Ant Hills are the 2 best places around town. There are several other smaller places to ride. Ant Hills would be great since they go from beltway 8 west out to highway 6. Memorial is centrally located but very tame/crowded. Some night rides would also be great, whole different thing even if you know the trails in daylight. I'd be up for anywhere, I'm short on riding partners to keep me going as often as I should & like to. Let's ride!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 08:55 AM   #3

Thanks for replying T@co. I'm kind of new to riding. havent had my bike very long. I've done memorial runs, nothing special. I live closer to Jack but hear it is alot harder. I'm down to ride whenever, just let me know if you ever want a partner. I could use someone to show me the ropes. ha
Old 09-30-2009, 09:05 AM   #4
Kiss My IFS
yotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
yotarob2005's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a cheap pair of mountian bikes about 5 weeks ago for me & the wife. We had them for less than 1 week when I tore my ACL trying to ride a wheelie. I am a couple weeks out of surgery from that & have been told by the doc that it will be 6 months before I can ride again, but after that I would be down.

Do yourself a favor & keep both wheels on the ground.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:26 AM   #5
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotarob2005 View Post
I bought a cheap pair of mountian bikes about 5 weeks ago for me & the wife. We had them for less than 1 week when I tore my ACL trying to ride a wheelie. I am a couple weeks out of surgery from that & have been told by the doc that it will be 6 months before I can ride again, but after that I would be down.

Do yourself a favor & keep both wheels on the ground.
You've got Lake Bryan Trails, Lake Sommerville, Warda(Bluff Creek Ranch), Smithville, Huntsville State Park, Fairfield Lake State Park & probably a few others in your region. Of course, there are bunches of places farther up towards Dallas & farther over towards Austin. Lots of cool places around Austin.

Lake Bryan was pretty cool & real close to you. I haven't been there in awhile.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:42 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
You've got Lake Bryan Trails, Lake Sommerville, Warda(Bluff Creek Ranch), Smithville, Huntsville State Park, Fairfield Lake State Park & probably a few others in your region. Of course, there are bunches of places farther up towards Dallas & farther over towards Austin. Lots of cool places around Austin.

Lake Bryan was pretty cool & real close to you. I haven't been there in awhile.
Lets put something together sooner rather than later. Hopefully more people jump on board. I'm not against a weekend trip to a nice ride. Austin, Dallas, or wherever. Lets get this thing rolling while the temp is perfect.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:56 AM   #7
galpd320 is on a distinguished road

galpd320's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to galpd320 Send a message via MSN to galpd320 Send a message via Yahoo to galpd320
I live up on the north side and frequent Cypresswood, Flintridge, Huntsville S.P., and Double Lake. I work on the west side and ride the Anthills on occasion. Check out www.ghorba.org for trails, conditions, and events in and around the Houston area. It's a great advocacy group for our trails in the Houston area. Lots of good folks around pushing for more trails in Houston and some already underway such as the Spring Creek Greenway Project that will create miles of trails running from the Tomball area to the Humble area, and a push to join Huntsville's trailes to Double Lake's trails! I'm always looking for someone to ride with, so if y'all are getting a group together, let me know!
Old 09-30-2009, 10:02 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by galpd320 View Post
I live up on the north side and frequent Cypresswood, Flintridge, Huntsville S.P., and Double Lake. I work on the west side and ride the Anthills on occasion. Check out www.ghorba.org for trails, conditions, and events in and around the Houston area. It's a great advocacy group for our trails in the Houston area. Lots of good folks around pushing for more trails in Houston and some already underway such as the Spring Creek Greenway Project that will create miles of trails running from the Tomball area to the Humble area, and a push to join Huntsville's trailes to Double Lake's trails! I'm always looking for someone to ride with, so if y'all are getting a group together, let me know!
I say lets put something together. I'm new to riding but I enjoy it. If you're going to hit some trails sometime and want a partner, let me know in advance bc i'd like to go ride new places. I like the ghorba site if for nothing else than for the trail conditions. Its a proper site all around though. Let me know when you're down to ride.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:43 AM   #9
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

High noon, Ant Hills, Sat Oct 3rd................
Old 09-30-2009, 10:51 AM   #10

Quote:
High noon, Ant Hills, Sat Oct 3rd................
Lets do it. Once I get the address I'll get directions and then I'll be set. Anything I need to bring besides bike, h2o, and snacks? Remember, I'm a noob to this. ha
Old 09-30-2009, 11:40 AM   #11
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Maybe some bug spray since it has been raining here lately but I will have some deep woods off.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:01 AM   #12
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Rain or shine the ride will be fine.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:29 AM   #13

Quote:
Rain or shine the ride will be fine.

A rider and a poet... ha
Old 10-02-2009, 01:15 PM   #14

T@co_Pr3runn3r and I, Tex'yoda, will be riding Ant Hills this Saturday the 3rd early in the a.m. about 9ish. If anyone wants to join you are more than welcome. You can find proper dierctions via www.ghorba.org or try to get into contact with either of us. My cell is 832-683-7053.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:54 AM   #15
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Yeah, we all fail! No one else was gonna make it for various reasons & I too lamed out & just did 25 mile ride from my house instead, greenbelt & trail combo. Let's try this again this weekend. Definitely needing some actual good trail time..........
Old 10-08-2009, 08:08 AM   #16

Quote:
Yeah, we all fail! No one else was gonna make it for various reasons & I too lamed out & just did 25 mile ride from my house instead, greenbelt & trail combo. Let's try this again this weekend. Definitely needing some actual good trail time..........
Have anything planned for this weekend?
Old 10-08-2009, 11:08 AM   #17
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thinking Sat morning would be nice chillin ridin weather mudfest after front comes thru Friday.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:33 AM   #18
Longhorn.
goofyboy is a name known to allgoofyboy is a name known to allgoofyboy is a name known to allgoofyboy is a name known to allgoofyboy is a name known to allgoofyboy is a name known to all

goofyboy's Tacoma Gallery
Please don't ride the mud. Houston trails suck bad enough as it is. if you ride the mud, you rut up the trails, making them more unrideable.

Saying that - i'd love to hook up with you guys for a ride sometime. I ride the ant hills. hell, i work across the street from them.

This weekend is out due to rain. maybe in a couple of weeks.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:54 AM   #19

Quote:
Thinking Sat morning would be nice chillin ridin weather mudfest after front comes thru Friday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyboy View Post
Please don't ride the mud. Houston trails suck bad enough as it is. if you ride the mud, you rut up the trails, making them more unrideable.

Saying that - i'd love to hook up with you guys for a ride sometime. I ride the ant hills. hell, i work across the street from them.

This weekend is out due to rain. maybe in a couple of weeks.
And then there was three...
I'm down should the weather permit. I am meeting with my realtor Saturday at 11. If thats too late in the day for you then I am free next Saturday a.m. as well. Where were you wanting to ride? Its no fun riding in the mud anyway. I think between the three of us, we know better than to ride the slop. ha.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:57 AM   #20
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
Are there mountains in Houston? Never been but Dallast is flat as flat can be.