1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Audio shops in San Antonio area??

Discussion in 'Texas' started by EquinsuOcha, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Nov 26, 2009 at 4:49 PM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha [OP] Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    I need to get my sub box carpeted, and the only place I've ever gone for carpeting was Car Toys. There isn't a Car Toys location in San Antonio...so does anyone have any recommendations of a shop around here? I'm not willing to pay over $50 either.

Or here's another option, I suppose:

Anyone in the area able to carpet the sub box for me or tell me how to do it myself?

Thanks in advance!

2. Nov 28, 2009 at 6:08 PM
    cmfranks

cmfranks Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Austin,TX
    Vehicle:
    08 DC Pre-Runner 6in Pro Comp Lift
    BHLM, Pro Comp Skid Plate, AFE Drop in Air Filter, Tint, Pioneer AVH 4000 DVD,Polk Audio 6.5 components, Polk 6.5 co-ax's, Polk Audio 400.1 amp, Polk Audio 500.1 amp, (2) Polk Audio 10 in Momo subs, Mr Marv sub box, Sockmonkey decals, Redline Elite hood struts, Bak Flip tonneau cover, N-Fab Nerf bars, Painted Center Console & Window/Door Lock Panels Black, Amber LED Dome/Map Lights
    i helped a friend do his just last week. get the 3m spray glue and spray the back of the carpet and the front of the box. do small sections at a time and stretch the carpet and trim w/ an exacto knife. it was pretty easy and didnt take too long (we drank alot of beer and it still looked good) hobby lobby or wally has pretty cheap carpet.

do what i did, go to autozone and use the spary can line x version. i did several coats and it looks pretty good. i even sprayed the inside of the box.

hope this helps.

3. Nov 30, 2009 at 12:55 PM
    ItalynStylion

ItalynStylion Sounds Gooooood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    I carpet boxes all the time (i sell boxes and audio equipment) but I'm kinda far from you and I'm not making the trip any time soon :D

The 3M spray adhesive that is best is the 77 type. I spray a light coat on the box and a light coat on the carpet as well. Give it a min to get tacky and then put them together. I lay the carpet down on the ground and get it as flat as possible. Then I think about where I want the lateral seam to be. I then start at that point and roll the box onto the carpet gluing each side. At the corners you have to use some exacto knife or scissors skills to get the corners right. It's tough but just takes time. There is an easier way to do the corners but it requires a special box design with end pieces to hide the seams. I've done it a few times and it works well but it take planning before you build the box.

PS: I get my carpet from PartsExpress. I just ordered like 20 yards last week.

Products Discussed in

To Top