Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Audio shops in San Antonio area??

Old 11-26-2009, 04:49 PM   #1
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Audio shops in San Antonio area??

I need to get my sub box carpeted, and the only place I've ever gone for carpeting was Car Toys. There isn't a Car Toys location in San Antonio...so does anyone have any recommendations of a shop around here? I'm not willing to pay over $50 either.

Or here's another option, I suppose:

Anyone in the area able to carpet the sub box for me or tell me how to do it myself?

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-28-2009, 06:08 PM   #2
cmfranks is a glorious beacon of lightcmfranks is a glorious beacon of lightcmfranks is a glorious beacon of lightcmfranks is a glorious beacon of lightcmfranks is a glorious beacon of lightcmfranks is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Craig
cmfranks's Tacoma Gallery
i helped a friend do his just last week. get the 3m spray glue and spray the back of the carpet and the front of the box. do small sections at a time and stretch the carpet and trim w/ an exacto knife. it was pretty easy and didnt take too long (we drank alot of beer and it still looked good) hobby lobby or wally has pretty cheap carpet.

do what i did, go to autozone and use the spary can line x version. i did several coats and it looks pretty good. i even sprayed the inside of the box.

hope this helps.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:55 PM   #3
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
I carpet boxes all the time (i sell boxes and audio equipment) but I'm kinda far from you and I'm not making the trip any time soon

The 3M spray adhesive that is best is the 77 type. I spray a light coat on the box and a light coat on the carpet as well. Give it a min to get tacky and then put them together. I lay the carpet down on the ground and get it as flat as possible. Then I think about where I want the lateral seam to be. I then start at that point and roll the box onto the carpet gluing each side. At the corners you have to use some exacto knife or scissors skills to get the corners right. It's tough but just takes time. There is an easier way to do the corners but it requires a special box design with end pieces to hide the seams. I've done it a few times and it works well but it take planning before you build the box.

PS: I get my carpet from PartsExpress. I just ordered like 20 yards last week.