Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Help in finding off-road trails in DFW or surrounding areas

Old 12-30-2009, 06:59 PM   #1
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
Help in finding off-road trails in DFW or surrounding areas

Hi all,

I'm currently home in Frisco, Texas. I have another week before driving to Southern California. I would like to hit a trail or two around here so I could bring my family for a day of fun.

Does anybody know where to go? I just want easy to moderate trails or where a locker is not needed.

Thanks.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:58 AM   #2
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Try Marshall Creek offroad park. Its on the north end of Lake Grapevine in Roanoak off 377 and 114. I have not been there in a few years but if I remember is $5 or $7 a vehicle for the day. They allow atv and trucks last time I was there.
Not a whole lot of legal places to ride but good luck in your search.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:42 PM   #3
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
Try Marshall Creek offroad park. Its on the north end of Lake Grapevine in Roanoak off 377 and 114. I have not been there in a few years but if I remember is $5 or $7 a vehicle for the day. They allow atv and trucks last time I was there.
Not a whole lot of legal places to ride but good luck in your search.
Thanks Tex. I'll check it out.

Anyone else have other suggestions?
Old 01-19-2010, 10:34 PM   #4

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco4x4rar View Post
Barnwell mountain, in gilmer texas
Best wheeling in the area even if it is a little bit of a drive
http://www.barnwellmountainra.com/
If ya let me know I can meet you out there and keep you off the gnarley stuff.
Hey taco4x4rar,

Thanks for the reply but we were not able to find time to squeeze this in. Maybe some other time.