1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

new guy looking for some advise near dallas area

Discussion in 'Texas' started by TEXAS RAISED, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Feb 13, 2010 at 10:50 AM
    TEXAS RAISED

TEXAS RAISED [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    dallas, TX
    Vehicle:
    soon to be
    I love the tocomas just dont know as much as alot of you guys do... i dont got one yet but im looking at the second gen styles (05 threw 09) im not sure which way i wanna go.. trd off road or trd sport. i did alot of research and i think i wanna go with a 4X4 sport but not sure yet.. also looking for a parts store so i can make the truck meaner than stock. come on guys help the newbie out here!

2. Feb 14, 2010 at 2:06 AM
    Muy Grande

Muy Grande Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    Go with the 4x4. I hear 4Wheelparts up in this area is a good place to get stuff done. But if you wanna save some money you need to hit a small local shop (I have a friend that works on Z's but he'll help me out from time to time because he has all the tools). If you want more direction on making your truck mean, PM me I live in Irving (chances are I have thought of it).

3. Feb 18, 2010 at 1:38 PM
    cohrmundt

cohrmundt Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cullen
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD SPORT 4X4
    4.88 nitro gears, Detroit rear, Projector headlights, Relentless Fab custom bumpers and sliders, 6" Pro Comp suspension, all pro leafs, 37x13.5x17 toyo open country tires, method racing wheels, Flowmaster exhaust w/cutout, DTLT headers, K&N CAI, URD MAF calibrator, grillcraft grill with 30" and 20" led bars behind, windshield mounted 50" led bar, Infinity 6x9 speakers, Custom box w/MTX 7500 10"sub, MTX 1200 watt amp, blue led gauge cluster and radio mod, URD short shifter, fiberwerx fenders
    yes go with the trd sport, you definitely wont regret it. Im in euless and 4wheelparts is a great store to buy what you need, but dont get anything put on there, cause the labor there is way overpriced. i have a friend that has helped me with my truck, lift, headers, etc. he is the cheapest guy i have found and can do anything

4. Feb 18, 2010 at 4:12 PM
    SamSter0077

SamSter0077 Happy Camper

Member:
    Katy, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4 TRD OR
    OME 886 Coils, and Struts, Rear Toytec TSB AAL/ OME shock absorbers, Fog Lamp anytime mod, Voyager Brake Controller.
    Good truck, good looking general off-roading.. TRD SPORT 4x4..
    Wanna Wheel it, and really play? 4x4 TRD OR

pretty simple if you ask me.. if you plan on spend a lot of money and will probably replace everything like the typical TW patron.. go for the sr5 4x4.. :D

5. Feb 18, 2010 at 9:37 PM
    wolfe0zero

wolfe0zero opportunityisnowhere!

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Irving, TX
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 Tacoma 4x4 TRD-Offroad shortbed
    Port installs: Borla exhaust Predator running boards Roof rack Bluetooth I-Pod interface Installed Toyota accessories: Bed mat J-hooks for bedrails Hood protector Aftermarket: Pioneer AVIC Z130BT Total Chaos UCAs Toytec ultimate lift kit Wet Okoles Arm rest mod Bed storage lock mod Stubby antenna Wade in channel deflectors Weathertech digital fit mats TYtoshi Grille Redline hood struts Waiting for install: Spidertraxx 1.25 spacers
    Really, I think OR is the way to go. The best thing about the sport is cosmetic which can be replaced (Hood scoop). You can't just throw a locking rear differential on a truck like you can a new hood. :)

But it all boils down to what you want to use it for I suppose.

Products Discussed in

To Top