Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

new guy looking for some advise near dallas area

Old 02-13-2010, 10:50 AM   #1
TEXAS RAISED is on a distinguished road
Name: mike
TEXAS RAISED's Tacoma Gallery
new guy looking for some advise near dallas area

I love the tocomas just dont know as much as alot of you guys do... i dont got one yet but im looking at the second gen styles (05 threw 09) im not sure which way i wanna go.. trd off road or trd sport. i did alot of research and i think i wanna go with a 4X4 sport but not sure yet.. also looking for a parts store so i can make the truck meaner than stock. come on guys help the newbie out here!
Old 02-14-2010, 02:06 AM   #2
Muy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Muy Grande's Tacoma Gallery
Go with the 4x4. I hear 4Wheelparts up in this area is a good place to get stuff done. But if you wanna save some money you need to hit a small local shop (I have a friend that works on Z's but he'll help me out from time to time because he has all the tools). If you want more direction on making your truck mean, PM me I live in Irving (chances are I have thought of it).
Old 02-18-2010, 01:38 PM   #3
cohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cullen
cohrmundt's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cohrmundt
yes go with the trd sport, you definitely wont regret it. Im in euless and 4wheelparts is a great store to buy what you need, but dont get anything put on there, cause the labor there is way overpriced. i have a friend that has helped me with my truck, lift, headers, etc. he is the cheapest guy i have found and can do anything
Old 02-18-2010, 04:12 PM   #4
Happy Camper
SamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SamSter0077's Tacoma Gallery
Good truck, good looking general off-roading.. TRD SPORT 4x4..
Wanna Wheel it, and really play? 4x4 TRD OR

pretty simple if you ask me.. if you plan on spend a lot of money and will probably replace everything like the typical TW patron.. go for the sr5 4x4..
Old 02-18-2010, 09:37 PM   #5
opportunityisnowhere!
wolfe0zero is just really nicewolfe0zero is just really nicewolfe0zero is just really nicewolfe0zero is just really nicewolfe0zero is just really nice

Name: David
wolfe0zero's Tacoma Gallery
Really, I think OR is the way to go. The best thing about the sport is cosmetic which can be replaced (Hood scoop). You can't just throw a locking rear differential on a truck like you can a new hood.

But it all boils down to what you want to use it for I suppose.