CB Radio MEET Install - MAY?2010 - Houston

View Poll Results: Best weekend for CB meet H Town
15/16th of May 6 60.00%
22/23rd of May 4 40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-22-2010, 03:20 PM   #1
Cherry
SCOTT'S TACO LOCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCOTT'S TACO LOCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCOTT'S TACO LOCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCOTT'S TACO LOCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCOTT'S TACO LOCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCOTT'S TACO LOCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCOTT'S TACO LOCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCOTT'S TACO LOCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCOTT'S TACO LOCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCOTT'S TACO LOCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCOTT'S TACO LOCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Si su no armamento, usted ain' ¡mierda de t!
Name: Scott
SCOTT'S TACO LOCO's Tacoma Gallery
CB Radio MEET Install - MAY?2010 - Houston

10-4 CB Radio MEET Install - MAY 16, 2010 -
Taco's of H Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter379 View Post
Just a little tip for y'all that are instaling CB's. If your out on the highway and decide to talk to the truckers don't say good buddy. Good buddy= homo. So you say that to the wrong driver and you could wind up in the ditch.
If you are visiting this thread, and you got a great mod/location for CB's, PLEASE SHARE with us your pictures, THANK-YOU!!

Do you need help with that new CB? or PA speaker or Antenna placement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerla View Post
i'll revert back to a comment i said earlier in this thread. since death_stalker is out... i'll host, it's already been approved by my other half. pearland. all in favor say ...guacamole.

This thread will be upated again in the future..
Old 04-22-2010, 03:34 PM   #3
Cherry
SCOTT'S TACO LOCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCOTT'S TACO LOCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCOTT'S TACO LOCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCOTT'S TACO LOCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCOTT'S TACO LOCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCOTT'S TACO LOCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCOTT'S TACO LOCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCOTT'S TACO LOCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCOTT'S TACO LOCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCOTT'S TACO LOCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCOTT'S TACO LOCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Way to call out death stalker.... no pressure
ADD the link to your first page on SAN LUIS, thanks
Old 04-22-2010, 05:07 PM   #4
broker is a splendid one to beholdbroker is a splendid one to beholdbroker is a splendid one to beholdbroker is a splendid one to beholdbroker is a splendid one to beholdbroker is a splendid one to behold

Name: Broker
broker's Tacoma Gallery
where are u guys plannin on mounting ur cbs? i got mine in my center arm rest thing, but my stock ac/dc converter is bending my cable to much and is shorting in out, any other ideas to keep it hidden and out of the way
Old 04-22-2010, 05:31 PM   #5
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
not sure yet, i was thinking about getting this set

http://www.amazon.com/Cobra-75WXST-H...=2YUAI1VSXCZEJ

my understanding you only need to install a little connector box. still undecided on what i want though...
Old 04-22-2010, 05:38 PM   #6
Cherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by broker View Post
where are u guys plannin on mounting ur cbs? i got mine in my center arm rest thing, but my stock ac/dc converter is bending my cable to much and is shorting in out, any other ideas to keep it hidden and out of the way
I think it's best to use the "search" in the tw forums to get best of ideas.
It's all about the size of CB and your preference of location(s).

Some examples with pics are..... cb radio positioning?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...cb-radios.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...on-w-pics.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ts-please.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...o-install.html
Old 04-22-2010, 05:46 PM   #7
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
i might be in if i can get all my parts shipped in by then i already have a cb
Old 04-22-2010, 05:55 PM   #9
broker is a splendid one to beholdbroker is a splendid one to beholdbroker is a splendid one to beholdbroker is a splendid one to beholdbroker is a splendid one to beholdbroker is a splendid one to behold

broker's Tacoma Gallery
i looked thru most of those before i did my install i just dont want to see the damn thing, like ever. it fits great in the center arm rest just wasnt expecting the dc/ac converter being a problem down there. i might move it too under the seat but that would be a PITA to see what channel ur on and to see other settings. plus thats where i plan on putting amps someday
Old 04-22-2010, 07:08 PM   #10
Happy Camper
SamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SamSter0077's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-22-2010, 07:29 PM   #11
fsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

fsbrain03's Tacoma Gallery
I am also on the fence with all areas of the CB. Not sure what to get, and where to install. I really like this one, but may be too big. http://www.rightchannelradios.com/co...radio-514.html
Old 04-22-2010, 07:58 PM   #12
Cherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsbrain03 View Post
I am also on the fence with all areas of the CB. Not sure what to get, and where to install. I really like this one, but may be too big. http://www.rightchannelradios.com/co...radio-514.html

We all are on the fence, there is about 10 taco's including myself so far with out radios eveyone has to research from our fellow brothers in the forum.

some radios are compact, some are normal size dash units, some are built into the mic head w/small box and some have remote front panel$
Old 04-22-2010, 08:05 PM   #13

broker's Tacoma Gallery
heres where i got mine

and heres my issue since i got the dc/ac converter

its just enough to where it is pinching the wire down there
Old 04-22-2010, 08:16 PM   #14
Cherry

PM'd

yes broker, I would agree maybe a different type of cable may work also, to keep the unit flush and out of the way.

My suggestion is a 1/2inch wedge, so the radio tilts towards the driver seat or a 90 Degree "L" Connector - PL-259 to SO-239
http://www.12volt-travel.com/90-degr...39-p-5728.html
Old 04-23-2010, 03:22 AM   #15
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
not sure yet, i was thinking about getting this set

http://www.amazon.com/Cobra-75WXST-H...=2YUAI1VSXCZEJ

my understanding you only need to install a little connector box. still undecided on what i want though...
I was considering this one too, still not sure which one or where to do antenna.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:08 AM   #16
Happy Camper
SamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SamSter0077's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
I was considering this one too, still not sure which one or where to do antenna.
That's my Q too... Fish it outside the cab, probably easiest if you cut off the end.. can anyone here Re-Crimp another connection on there?
Old 04-23-2010, 05:48 AM   #17
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I'll probably run it out the bottom rear of the cab if there's a plug then make a mount for it that hangs in the bedrail behind the cab.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:04 AM   #18
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
I'll probably run it out the bottom rear of the cab if there's a plug then make a mount for it that hangs in the bedrail behind the cab.
that's my plan. i've already got the mount made. a piece of angle iron 2"x2" attached to the bedrail. i'll drill a hole in the top plate to accommodate the antenna.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:55 AM   #19
" The Master Ninja"
Death_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Talha
Death_Stalker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
that's my plan. i've already got the mount made. a piece of angle iron 2"x2" attached to the bedrail. i'll drill a hole in the top plate to accommodate the antenna.
you may want to check and see if anyone else needs the mount .. maybe whoever made yours can hook it up in bulk...

i will check my schedule and see how it looks like to have the meet at my house .... i still have to buy my radio and find a good spot to mount it ...
Old 04-23-2010, 07:23 AM   #20
Man, Myth, Legend

bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Stalker View Post
you may want to check and see if anyone else needs the mount .. maybe whoever made yours can hook it up in bulk...
made by me. not nearly as sexy as keith's bedrail mount.

Products Discussed in this Thread