1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Austin, TX

Discussion in 'Texas' started by PatHLC128, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Jul 14, 2010 at 10:37 AM
    PatHLC128

PatHLC128 [OP] College.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 AC
    OME complete 3" kit, 265/75/16 Cooper STTs, Pro Comp 7089 wheels, Shrockworks sliders, UWS Low Pro Toolbox, AFE Pro-Dry S, OEM Bedmat, Ventvisors, Husky Liners, Tint, De-badged
    I'm probably going to be visiting Austin sometime in late August and I was wondering what are some things that I should do while in town. I've heard about some natural springs a little bit outside of the city and obviously 6th St. for nightlife but what else. I'm going there to visit the University of Texas (hopefully I'll get in). Thanks guys.

2. Jul 14, 2010 at 12:48 PM
    06HAOLE

06HAOLE Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    2019 Ford Raptor
    Sent PM

3. Jul 19, 2010 at 10:27 AM
    SamSter0077

SamSter0077 Happy Camper

Member:
    Katy, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4 TRD OR
    OME 886 Coils, and Struts, Rear Toytec TSB AAL/ OME shock absorbers, Fog Lamp anytime mod, Voyager Brake Controller.
    if you are driving, do Hidden Falls!

4. Jul 19, 2010 at 11:53 PM
    Muy Grande

Muy Grande Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    Considering that UT is my old stomping ground. Here is a quick list in no particular order.....

1. Hit the Salt Lick in Driftwood (or you can go to Round Rock now) but I would personally go out to Driftwood (take a cooler with some brew).
    2. Hit 6th Street and do some Bar hoping (check out Logans, the Dizzy Rooster, Chuggin Monkey, the Aquarium, the Library, the Lucky Dog, there are tons more ........stay away from 4th street unless you like guys (then knock yourself out). Stay out until the Bars close that's when it gets interesting. For a late night drunken snack get some Roppolos Pizza, the Bratwurst smell will be in full effect.......stay away unless you wanna be in the toliet shortly after.
    3. Hit up the local Hooter's on Riverside.....some nice college ladies work there.
    4. Hit up the Kerby Lane (on Guadalupe just across campus) for Breakfast....Bulttermilk Blueberry Pankakes, enough said.
    5. Check out Lake Travis (it should be in full effect) stay away from Hippie Hollow - nothing but old naked dudes running around.....unless you like that shit. If you get a chance to be on the lake and have a boat.......Devils Cove is the place to be (there is lots of T&A during the summer).
    6. If you will be on campus or in west campus, check out Cain & Ables local hangout.
    7. There will probably be some SoWhoreity parties going on so try to go to one of those (tell them your the cable guy or you belong to Alpha Tacoma Omega aka ATO they won't know the difference. Not sure if it's still called the Paradox on 6th street but their foam parties are cool.
    8. There are a few other spots like Hamilton's pool (can't do much other than check out a really cool pool). I enjoyed Rhimers Ranch but it has since been bought out by the State. Not sure what goes on there anymore, used to be my old fishing hole.
    9. For some wheeling, try to hook up with Sean aka Silverback and hit up Hidden Falls.
    10. Take a picture with Leslie on 6th.......I'll let you figure this one out on your own. :D:eek:

Hopefully this is a start. I know I missed somethings, if you do get into UT let me know, I have season tickets and we always tailgate before the games.

5. Jul 20, 2010 at 11:42 PM
    woody6047

woody6047 McGrubber

Member:
    First Name:
    Beau
    Austin/ Waco Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma 4x4 dc
    100%stock, except for the exhaust leak and custom windshield crack mod
    Find the Oasis Cafe, it has an awesome view.

6. Jul 21, 2010 at 10:16 AM
    PatHLC128

PatHLC128 [OP] College.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 AC
    OME complete 3" kit, 265/75/16 Cooper STTs, Pro Comp 7089 wheels, Shrockworks sliders, UWS Low Pro Toolbox, AFE Pro-Dry S, OEM Bedmat, Ventvisors, Husky Liners, Tint, De-badged
    Thanks for the info. I'll be there from Aug 25-29 if anyone knows of anything cool going on during those days. I wont have my truck (NY to TX would be a helluva drive for four days) but hopefully soon enough i'll be moving down there for school.

7. Jul 21, 2010 at 1:03 PM
    RYNO

RYNO Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston,TX
    4th street is a MUST!

8. Jul 21, 2010 at 10:24 PM
    J Hoss

J Hoss Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Round Rock, Tx
    Vehicle:
    4runner Trail Edition w/ KDSS
    Duratracs
    Crazy..I was doing some googling so I figured I'd sign up here (im already on ttora). I just bought my Tacoma in Yonkers, and drove it back home (Round Rock)! I have an offroad spot if its muddy that week. Good luck with UT!!

9. Nov 17, 2010 at 8:28 AM
    PatHLC128

PatHLC128 [OP] College.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 AC
    I got in! Cockrell School of Engineering here I come. Now to find an apartment, register for classes, pack my things and drive down with all my belongings in the next 6 weeks.

10. Nov 17, 2010 at 9:28 AM
    Muy Grande

Muy Grande Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    Congratulations........

If I can give you any advice is that the PCL (Perry Castaneda Library) and the UGL (Undergraduate Library) are your friends. I spent many long sleepless nights there...........plus it's a nice place to watch all the hot a$$ walk by.

There are plenty of distractions and don't worry you'll have plenty of time to party your brains out. I know a bunch of smarter people than me that were accepted into the Business and Engineering schools up there but either were home sick and/or flunked out because they were distracted.

Just realized you're a Marine.............so you already have won half the battle, discipline.

"The eyes of Texas are upon you" :D

Hook'em

11. Nov 18, 2010 at 1:32 AM
    woody6047

woody6047 McGrubber

Member:
    First Name:
    Beau
    Austin/ Waco Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma 4x4 dc
    Congrats man, when your in give us a shout, go grab a beer and some chicken wings at Pluckers or something. Ahhh i love that place haha

12. Nov 19, 2010 at 5:14 AM
    J Hoss

J Hoss Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Round Rock, Tx
    Vehicle:
    4runner Trail Edition w/ KDSS
    Duratracs
    Congrats! Theres a spot or two around austin when youre ready to hit some trails

13. Nov 19, 2010 at 8:46 AM
    woody6047

woody6047 McGrubber

Member:
    First Name:
    Beau
    Austin/ Waco Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma 4x4 dc
    J, Just go back to Austin a few days ago, if you wanna go out somewhere let me know, I got my winch now so we will be set.

14. Nov 19, 2010 at 7:43 PM
    bakerla

bakerla Man, Myth, Legend

Member:
    First Name:
    Lyndall
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    '10 4wd OR
    CBI Moab front and CBI Trailrider rear, Budbuilt skids, Shrockworks sliders, OME Dakars w/ OME Nitros, OME 886x w/ OME Nitros, Light Racing UCAs, stainless steel brakelines F/R, Cobra 75 w/ Firestik antenna, 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx on 1st gen alloys, Weathertech liners, Engo 9000S winch, stickars and other shit.
    ^ at shiloh ridge right now, where are you?

15. Nov 21, 2010 at 11:12 PM
    woody6047

woody6047 McGrubber

Member:
    First Name:
    Beau
    Austin/ Waco Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma 4x4 dc
    Man i was going to go out there with some friends, but friday we got our hands on a Bobcat for the weekend and ended up rebuilding our dirtbike track. How did it go?

16. Nov 22, 2010 at 11:05 PM
    Ca1192

Ca1192 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 Silver
    Avid rock sliders w/ kickouts, foglight mod, yellow bulbs in fog light, 12v anytime plug mod, seatbelt chime mod, borla cat-back exhaust w/ dual tip mod, AFE pro dry S airfilter,
    How was Shiloh ridge I plan on going there with my truck, Trd sport 4x4 dcab, no mods yet :)

17. Nov 22, 2010 at 11:08 PM
    Ca1192

Ca1192 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    Avid rock sliders w/ kickouts, foglight mod, yellow bulbs in fog light, 12v anytime plug mod, seatbelt chime mod, borla cat-back exhaust w/ dual tip mod, AFE pro dry S airfilter,
    What are your plans this weekend I will around the Austin area, working on installing the bed light mod. Need to get this truck on the trails

18. Nov 22, 2010 at 11:10 PM
    eight3one_offroad

eight3one_offroad Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Santa Cruz, California
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4 with a few things.
    Optima Red Top 34R, OME 885 / N140S + 5100 rear, TSB leaf pack, Camburg Ball Joint UCA, Wheelers Diff drop, AEM Brute Force Intake with filter wrap, Summit Super Turbo muffler, Llumar 5% tint, Pioneer single din head unit, PIAA 510 Ion Crystal Fogs in stock location, Sonar LED tails. Sway Bar removal. Charcoal filter delete. Stant 11509 Locking Gas Cap.
    Salt Lick in Driftwood is amazing, its away from town. Big large Open pit when you walk in the door. I loved it. Looks like a abandoned place from outside but don't let it fool you. They are building something new at The Oasis so beware of the on going construction! My uncle lives in Austin and I'll definantly be back soon :)

19. Dec 6, 2010 at 8:47 AM
    yoda-master

yoda-master Active Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    06 Taco TRD OR
    I'm a student at UT as well. Let us know when you get in town and I'll show you around a little if you like. You are going to love it here.

20. Dec 7, 2010 at 8:41 AM
    Ca1192

Ca1192 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    Is there a Tacoma club in Austin?

Products Discussed in

To Top