1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alpine W205 w/ Blackbird II + extras

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Muy Grande, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Feb 10, 2012 at 9:57 AM
    Muy Grande

Muy Grande [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    Anybody in Texas/DFW interested in an Alpine w205 with Blackbird II Navigation? Possible trade - ipad.

This is what you get:

1. Alpine w205
    2. Bypassed wire harness w/ Toyota Tacoma harness installed
    3. Axxess Steering Wheel Control already installed and wired (you will need to tap into 3 wires in your tacoma of one of the pins)
    4. Blackbird II w/ all wires and docking station (has Bluetooth)
    5. Metra Grey Toyota Tacoma DoubleDin Dash Kit
    6. ipod video interface for rear monitors (video does not come on the front monitor)
    7. Ipod cable
    8. Bluetooth Mic

The Good, clean system with no scratches on Alpine screen slight wear on the volume buttons but overall in excellent condition.

*Steering Wheel compatible via the Axxess Module. This has already been programmed to so you just hook up and done.
    * Rear View Camera compatible (I have hooked up a cheap ebay camera and a $200 Sony camera and they both look great. A little grainy at night but overall very good) - Camera is not included unless you give me $25 for the ebay camera. Customizable Background currently has 2 images (color Alpine Display and a nice looking woman - have to use apn files. I have a cd with a few files that I'll throw in.)

Everything on the w205 works, ipod, DVD & CD, Sub and Component outs, camera, has extra set of A/V so you can hook up a game system or whatever.

The Bad!
    When the Blackbird II is docked into the Alpine unit, the Navigation screen is "Green". When it is not docked into the unit, the Navigation works just fine (has color). I contacted Alpine and they said that the Blackbird II would have to be repaired (cost is $125 and they send you a new/refurbished) one). I want to stress that the Navigation sill works, it' just the color of the screen. The Blackbird is Bluetooth compatible so when docked you will have Bluetooth capability for your phone. Also has a phone book.

Install
    If you are in the DFW area I am willing to tear your truck apart and install it for $50 if you buy it (this will save you a couple hundred bucks....don't believe me, go to Car Toys and ask them for a price quote on the install you'll be surprised) but will have to come to me (not driving all over the metroplex, plus I have what I need at home). This will only be the Alpine, the Speed sensor wire, the Rear Brake wire, the routing of the Bluetooth Mic, the Steering Wheel Control, ipod cable, and the install of the deck. We will not be wiring amps, subs, cameras, components etc....unless these are already installed on your truck then we can knock those out.

If you want the install, plan for about 4 hrs on the high side.

I paid $350 for the unit (bought off another member however he did not tell me about the issue with the Blackbird - when I asked he said it worked....I call BS but whatever you get some people like that on here from time to time). I'm being upfront and if you want to know something just ask. I added the Steering Wheel Module ($40), Metra Double Din Kit ($20), ipod cable ($20) and rear ipod control ($20) and re-wired the entire harness.

I'd like to get $500 (basically the money I put into it) including the install. But I'm open to offers because I know the issue with the Blackbird II, they sometimes appear on ebay but not often.

I'll try to post a pic of it installed in my truck when I get home.

As far as sound wise.....this Alpine is excellent! I have a pair of components up front, no rear door speakers and 2 10' subs and it gets loud. Sound is amazing.

Alpine w205.jpg
    Alpine w205 faceplate.jpg
    Blackbird II.jpg
    Blackbird II Face.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top