1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Who said there's no such thing???

Discussion in 'Towing' started by Zac808, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Aug 18, 2010 at 7:15 AM
    Zac808

Zac808 [OP] Custom User Title

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Viva Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD DC SB 4x4
    In my sig

Yeah, what the hell is a manual?????

2. Aug 18, 2010 at 1:50 PM
    005Tacoma

005Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Thomasville, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2005 Toyota Tacoma
    Kinda like this 5 lugger.

dvscamp.jpg

3. Sep 2, 2010 at 11:32 AM
    hurricane

hurricane Member

Member:
    Whitehorse
    Vehicle:
    speedway blue
    wheels,stereo, step bars,roof rack.
    I've googled for a fifth wheel set up for a Taco and could not find anything, this was a cool tread to find.
    I was looking at a 23.5 foot Okanagan 5th wheel (3200 pounds) for my taco but can't find a 5th wheel hitch for a Tacoma.
    I just towed my old restored 1976 Scamper trailer up to Alaska to Anchorage & Seward. The Tacoma pulled it easily (5000 pounds ,dry) . The Alaska Hwy is a true test, Mountain climbs and descents and it was rough, very rough with huge frost heaves, and pot holes everywhere ( on the Canadian side of the border). The truck felt light in those conditions because you end up hitting bumps to fast because you try and maintain highway speed. I wished I had put on a set of air bags. Trailer brakes and sway bars are a must have for this haul.
    If you live in the lower 48 with nice flat highways, you've got no worries with a 4 liter Taco, 100 km an hour all day long easy.
    I got 338 Km on a tank of gas.I get about 490 km when not towing,in town. I think I could get over 500 km on a tank on the hwy, doing the speed limit and not climbing all these mountains .
    In Europe they use light towing campers. (gas prices or just to crowded maybe?)
    There is a 4x4 Action magazine (like :MOTOCROSS ACTION) that you guys should check out from Australia, with lots of light campers for light trucks (Very cool).
    Anyhow personally I like my mid size truck very much and would like a lighter trailer to compliment it. Maybe then I'll B train with a boat or snowmobiles behind the trailer.

I'll post some pics if people want.

Later,
    WV

4. Sep 2, 2010 at 1:13 PM
    borderbrat

borderbrat Watching Chris4x4 o.O

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB, STOCK..But not for long
    (old truck 2008 AC ....PIAA fogs, led "puddle" lights, bed lights, in cab 115V, Toyota Devil emblem, Randy Ellis light bar with LED light bar, OME 885 and Dakar leaf springs OME shock all round, 2.5 Gal OBA system with air horns, iPod adapter, scangauge on blend mount, magnaflow catback, bike fork mounts, tinted 2009 tails.)
    Have to buy a universal 5th wheel hitch and do some fabrication. I've only seen one done two years ago and I can't find it now.

Products Discussed in

To Top