Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Might be saying Goodbye to the Taco

Old 08-20-2010, 09:30 PM   #61
Fienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant future

Name: Hieu
Fienoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Fienoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by chich2000 View Post
Th reason your fuel gauge moves slower on the Sierra it's because the Sierra has a 36 gallon tank where as the tundra has a 26gal. That's like comparing my 09 Tacoma with my 06 prius. Just because I can travel roughly the same distance on a tank on both vehicles doesn't mean my Tacoma gets the same mpg as the prius!!
http://m.edmunds.com/site?t=nEYeksp9...TQ&sid=edmunds

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/sp...00HD&trimid=-1
I'd have to say thats hard to believe because the filling up both trucks costs the same...but maybe i'm wrong?
Old 08-20-2010, 10:18 PM   #62
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fienoma View Post
I'd have to say thats hard to believe because the filling up both trucks costs the same...but maybe i'm wrong?
my 05 2500hd ext shortbed had a 26gallon tank
Old 08-22-2010, 12:17 AM   #63
Fienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant future

Name: Hieu
Fienoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Fienoma
For towing i ask take a gmc/chevy..they've always been dependable for my family.. my .02
Old 08-31-2010, 04:51 AM   #64
Jimsc is a jewel in the roughJimsc is a jewel in the roughJimsc is a jewel in the roughJimsc is a jewel in the rough
Name: Jim
Jimsc's Tacoma Gallery
Bull S**t

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeya2000 View Post
i say you shouldve gotten one. my padres tundra gets 19 mpg on the highway and 17-18 mpg around town. thats with the supercharger
Any body who installs a SC on his truck ain't driving it so as to get 17-18 mpg around town.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:18 AM   #66
Banned
Isthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Isthatahemi's Tacoma Gallery
My dad and I both have travel trailers that weigh just shy of 4000#, both with a larger frontal area than a horse trailer.
I tow mine with my Tacoma, which pulls it alright, but the towing mileage is the same or slightly worse with my Tacoma. I also have less power, and get substantially worse unloaded highway mileage. His F150 gets noticable worse city mileage. So mileage is a wash.
My dad has a 2010 F150 4.6L. His truck is similar in unloaded acceleration, a touch slower off the line. With trailer in tow, it has way more jam, and the 6 speed is always in the right gear. I can't say how much his truck makes me wish I bought an F150.
Basically, given the fact that I paid more for my Taco, than he paid for his F150, I would happily trade my fragile Tacoma, for his proven F150. And within a year, that's probably what I will do.
As for the Hemi / Dodge combo; I would have no hesistations with the toughness or reliability. Mainly that given both my Dodge Dakotas were far tougher, and way less problematic than my 2010 Toyota Tacoma.
As far as a Tundra, I see little advantage. If you were towing more weight, then maybe.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:50 AM   #67
00PreRunner is on a distinguished road

00PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
The new Tundras are nice, but they can't pull like the Duramax from Chevy. Plus you're getting an Allison one of the best transmissions on the market.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:55 AM   #68
rollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
rollin904's Tacoma Gallery

Holy old thread batman!
Old 10-07-2011, 11:16 AM   #69
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin904 View Post

Holy old thread batman!

Haha, I was thinking the same thing !!! I think the OP is banned even....