Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

towing a boat with v6 prerunner

Old 09-13-2010, 07:02 PM   #1
sofla is on a distinguished road
Navy: 2nd class em
sofla's Tacoma Gallery
Red face towing a boat with v6 prerunner

I have a v6 prerunner would like to know if I could to a 5900 grw boat and trailer.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:19 PM   #3
Black Hole Sun
tacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant future

Name: Forrest
tacoma92's Tacoma Gallery
My dad has a 23 foot boat and trailer and he has a 09 prerunner. It's def able to pull a boat easily if it's not too big
Old 09-13-2010, 07:21 PM   #4
chich2000 is on a distinguished road
chich2000's Tacoma Gallery
does your truck have the factory tow package? if it doesn't then the answers is no. If it does then you should be fine, but might have trouble on the boat ramp if tractions is low.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:42 AM   #5
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
My 20'6" Four Winns weighs about 5,000 boat and trailer and I don't have any trouble at all.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:43 PM   #6
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
See my posts on page 2 in this thread. I have a Prerunner.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tow...-reliably.html
Old 09-14-2010, 08:24 PM   #7
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Dave View Post
See my posts on page 2 in this thread. I have a Prerunner.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tow...-reliably.html
Off topic but it may be of use to you. You can post a link direct to the post by right clicking on the post number(upper right hand side of post on blue bar) and selecting copy link address or simply copy depending on your browser. Then paste it in your post like this.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tow...ml#post2163289
Old 09-14-2010, 08:32 PM   #8
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Prerunner with the factory tow kit and I'd tow it for short distances but I wouldn't do it for long trips.