Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

pics of relocated trailer wire harness & hauling 14ft trailer

Old 09-14-2010, 05:32 PM   #1
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
pics of relocated trailer wire harness & hauling 14ft trailer

Just wanted to show everyone pics of a relocated trailer wire harness. Of course i completely crushed the "old" one while wheelin', so what better time to move it. Especially since Toyota wanted just over $300 for an OEM plug and harness. This only costed me $20

Here's some pics of a 14ft tandem trailer which i drove with for an approx. 1000 miles round trip. I'm estimating the trailer and contents weigh close to 3500 lbs. The taco did great up and down hills and I was able to keep her in 6th gear for the majority of the trip. (when it was flat or going downhill)

Old 09-14-2010, 11:01 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Excellent. This is what I need to do I'm just too scared to drill the hole out. Did you take the bumper off or drill with it on the truck?
Old 09-15-2010, 02:58 AM   #3
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well, your in luck! No drilling required. Simply pulled the driver side license plate light out, then replaced with the trailer plug... Then i just drilled 4 small holes and revited (sp?) it on. Super easy yet very effective mod to do, especially if you drive off the beaten path....
Old 09-15-2010, 02:59 AM   #4

EDIT. Drilling is required, but just small holes and not a large one for the plug itself.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:16 AM   #5
gunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant future

gunner_20's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! good looking dog in the truck too
Old 09-15-2010, 05:13 AM   #6
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
I want to do this. Just wondering, does just the one plate light still give off enough light to light up the plate?
Old 09-15-2010, 06:02 AM   #7

Absolutely! One light is more than enough. Double checked it that night and it was more than adequate.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:26 AM   #8
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Excellent. Thanks
Old 10-03-2010, 10:05 AM   #9
Banned
Isthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Isthatahemi's Tacoma Gallery
Alternatively, you could re-locate the factory wiring harness, without drilling out anything......
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...ng-bumper.html

(I tore the harness off my 2009. so I did this on my 2010, before the inevitable occured...)