Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Probably one of the strangest things that you've seen a Tacoma pull

Old 09-18-2010, 11:30 PM   #1
Tacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
Tacomadude89's Tacoma Gallery
Probably one of the strangest things that you've seen a Tacoma pull

I recently picked up this antique walk-behind lawnmower and towed it home behind my Tacoma on my trailer and thought I'd share a few photos as it's probably one of the strangest things you've seen a Tacoma tow. Sure got the looks from some people as well!

It's a 1947 Jacobsen Lawn King two stroke reel mower. Bought it from the original owner in fact. Long story short, I had been looking specifically for one of these for quite sometime to go along with my other antique Jacobsen reel mower that I restored a while back.

My other Jacobsen that I restored a while back.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:53 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Not the strangest, but its pretty cool!
Old 09-19-2010, 06:58 AM   #3
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
Lawn mower man ring a bell joking. That's pretty cool
Old 09-19-2010, 07:10 AM   #5
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Nice mower! I want a reel mower.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:15 PM   #6
fuzzy is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
fuzzy's Tacoma Gallery
Great trailer too!!! Would haul a motorcycle in comfort and style!
Old 03-12-2011, 05:34 PM   #7
SadManGrin is on a distinguished road

SadManGrin's Tacoma Gallery
Can't wait to see the newly acquired mower cleaned up.
Seems like you did a fantastic job on the first one.
Have fun with the restoration.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:43 PM   #8
XXXXL Member
darkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

darkgreentaco's Tacoma Gallery
im being completely serious here...is there a huge lawnmower restoration crowd? i know people like to restore old tractors, so i was just curious.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:12 PM   #9
taco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco206 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
taco206's Tacoma Gallery
Cool mower. I bet I got some looks when I was towing a completely burned WRX on I-5. lol.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:59 AM   #11
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
ok, i gotta ask, whats wrong with the bed of the truck that you need a trailer for a push lawnmower?? Its not so big that it wouldnt fit
This thread is pretty old....but I was thinking the same thing.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:04 AM   #12
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFalk View Post
This thread is pretty old....but I was thinking the same thing.
im guessin loading n unloading it alone? ive loaded the snowblower a couple times by myself n its a chore
Old 03-13-2011, 11:09 AM   #13
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
That's pretty cool...Thanks for shareing.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:17 AM   #14
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nice find though. kinda anxious to see after restoration pics. guy i work with bought a mid-50s hahn eclipse for cheap and now its sittin outside at work. in pretty damn good shape too.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:44 AM   #15
Tacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
Tacomadude89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkgreentaco View Post
im being completely serious here...is there a huge lawnmower restoration crowd? i know people like to restore old tractors, so i was just curious.
Haha, yes and no. There are forums for collectors out there that are dedicated to antique lawnmowers believe it or not. I am just into anything with a motor and wheels so something like absolutely intrigues me.

Quote:
ok, i gotta ask, whats wrong with the bed of the truck that you need a trailer for a push lawnmower?? Its not so big that it wouldnt fit
In short, the mower weighs an absolute ton to say the leaste, the thing is like lead, so the trailer makes it MUCH easier to haul around on and still requires a couple of us to maneuver it onto. It is also self-propelled, not push.

Quote:
kinda anxious to see after restoration pics.
I've decided to keep it in it's (mostly) orginal state as I'd like to enjoy it that way for a while before I do a 'ground up' restoration on it, so it will be a while before that happens.

Quote:
guy i work with bought a mid-50s hahn eclipse for cheap and now
Quote:
its sittin outside at work. in pretty damn good shape too.

Nice, those are cool vintage machines! Post up some pictures if you can. It's just fun to use one of these old machines every now and then, they are completely different than using a modern mower of today.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:50 PM   #16
"the soulless ginger"

Ill get a couple pics of it n post em up